Picked up the Z30 about 2 weeks ago now, and I must say I love everything about this phone. It's the first phone in about 3 years that I have been in love with. I work in technology and change out devices often. Case in point, my devices this year:

- BB Z30
    - BB Z10
    - Galaxy Note 2
    - Galaxy S4
    - Nexus 4
    - iPhone 5
    - Ativ S

I am usually one of those guys who are up at 12:01 waiting for the release of the latest and greatest device to add to my cart. This time, the Nexus 5 first round of orders have come and gone. I looked at it briefly and could have ordered a 32GB in Black. They were available when I looked. But - and much to my wifes surprise it didn't get added to cart. I didn't order one. Honestly, I don't see the point. For the first time, I am actually happy with my device.

So, for anyone looking at getting the Z30, take it from a gadget freak - the device is awesome. I am running the latest beta OS with unlocked Android Run time though -so most any app I want I can get. I think that helps. But honestly, nothing on any other platform beats the Hub. I can't believe Android hasn't thought of this...
    11-01-13 02:38 PM
    The Hub is indeed a nice feature.
    11-01-13 02:44 PM
    Glad you like it. I can't put mine down. You're title might be a little misleading

Posted from my Z30
    Last edited by playbookster; 11-01-13 at 04:23 PM.
    revtech likes this.
    11-01-13 03:28 PM
    All those phones in a single year, Wow.

Posted via Z10
    11-01-13 04:20 PM
    You're title might be a little misleading

Posted from my Z30
    That was the point..
    11-01-13 04:47 PM
    Nothing flows like a Zee
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-01-13 05:24 PM
    I have to agree with OP on this. I too am a gadget freak, though my list aren't as comprehensive as OP's. Here's mine:

Nexus 4
    Nokia Lumia 820, 1020
    HTC one
    BlackBerry Z10 & Z30
    Surface

The Z10 was great in its own right, but the weaker battery hampered the experience (at least for me). Lumia devices are good too (I work on Microsoft ecosystem a lot), and Android devices are great too if not for the resource hungry it's apps requires.

BlackBerry z30 is really a great device not just to BlackBerry enthusiast, but to all who valued technology and productivity.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and scooby103 like this.
    11-01-13 06:03 PM
    The nexus 5 is priced so reasonably my plan is to use my upgrade on the z30. Always been curious and want to give it a shot. Worse comes to worse I can sell it for probably most of what a nexus 5 will cost.

IMO google hit it out of the park with the nexus pricing. If blackberry did something like that it sure wouldnt have hurt.
    scooby103 likes this.
    11-01-13 08:30 PM
    I own a Q10 but if was going to get a large screen smartphone without physical keyboard, hard to say no to the Nexus 5.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:09 PM
    Hey,

I have the Surface Pro as well - it is actually my daily "laptop" for almost a year now. I will never go back to a full size laptop. And, this is coming from a MacBook Air... Surface is awesome and didn't deserve the bad press, much like most BB products.

That being said, I'm really intrigued by the Nokia 1020 for my wife. She is an avid photographer, but it's not her job, simply a hobby. Not at all a gadget geek, and uses her phone for taking photos, instagram, facebook, google+. When I had the Ativ S, the ecosystem was very limited. Have they gotten any further ahead on things like the apps listed above?

Thanks!
    11-02-13 07:20 AM
    I must admit that Nexus 5 is a wonderful device, but having a Z30 somehow makes me happy. Before (when I was rocking Z10 and Q10, and I still have the latter for job purposes) I was sometimes seduced by the better devices on Android. I even cheated on BlackBerry once. When I got Nexus 4. But then I realized I'm in love with BlackBerry unconditionally. And I returned to the BlackBerry camp with the help of Z30.

I know it sounds a bit scary. As if BlackBerry is some kind of drug or addiction. But at some point it is. Besides, it makes my life organized and progressive. Like no one else does.

So, yep, Nexus 5 is great. But my Z30 is the best for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:02 AM
    Why aren't some of the "older"phones getting kit kat,despite having the ram to run the OS?
    vrud likes this.
    11-02-13 09:16 AM
    The Z30 is about 3-400 more expensive off contract with lesser hardware, software, and ecosystem.... Hard pill to swallow
    11-02-13 09:57 AM
    The Z30 is about 3-400 more expensive off contract with lesser hardware, software, and ecosystem.... Hard pill to swallow
    Lesserhardware.... Carbon Fiber, Metal, Curved Glass Screen, N5 Doesnt have it
    Software: Android is ugly as sin and fragmented worse than BBOS
    Ecosystem: of course android has more apps, it s5 years old, bb10 hasn't hit a year yet.
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-02-13 10:10 AM
    Lesserhardware.... Carbon Fiber, Metal, Curved Glass Screen, N5 Doesnt have it
    Software: Android is ugly as sin and fragmented worse than BBOS
    Ecosystem: of course android has more apps, it s5 years old, bb10 hasn't hit a year yet.
    Nexus 5 has one of the top SOCs available in the snapdragon s800. Z30 uses a s4 pro... Which was lasts years flagship SOC.

Nexus 5 has a 1080p screen... Z30 720p

Android is ugly, while subjective, does not discredit the function of the device with androids latest software in kitkat.

Ecosystem is not apps, it is hope I can interact with my device from a PC, tablet, phone via cloud services and 3rd party apps as well.

Again Z30 is anywhere from 699-799, while the nexus 5 is 349 or 399(32gb).

Hard pill to swallow...
    TurbanLedgend and kevinnugent like this.
    11-02-13 10:19 AM
    Picked up the Z30 about 2 weeks ago now, and I must say I love everything about this phone. It's the first phone in about 3 years that I have been in love with. I work in technology and change out devices often. Case in point, my devices this year:

- BB Z30
    - BB Z10
    - Galaxy Note 2
    - Galaxy S4
    - Nexus 4
    - iPhone 5
    - Ativ S

I am usually one of those guys who are up at 12:01 waiting for the release of the latest and greatest device to add to my cart. This time, the Nexus 5 first round of orders have come and gone. I looked at it briefly and could have ordered a 32GB in Black. They were available when I looked. But - and much to my wifes surprise it didn't get added to cart. I didn't order one. Honestly, I don't see the point. For the first time, I am actually happy with my device.

So, for anyone looking at getting the Z30, take it from a gadget freak - the device is awesome. I am running the latest beta OS with unlocked Android Run time though -so most any app I want I can get. I think that helps. But honestly, nothing on any other platform beats the Hub. I can't believe Android hasn't thought of this...
    I have the Z10 & I agree that the hub is an absolute must have on any device I own going forward. It's sooooooo fast & convenient not having to go into individual apps for updates.

I show non BlackBerry owners & they seem unimpressed. I don't think they know what they're missing! You definitely have to experience it to appreciate it!

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    11-02-13 10:23 AM
    Nexus 5 has one of the top SOCs available in the snapdragon s800. Z30 uses a s4 pro... Which was lasts years flagship SOC.

Nexus 5 has a 1080p screen... Z30 720p

Android is ugly, while subjective, does not discredit the function of the device with androids latest software in kitkat.

Ecosystem is not apps, it is hope I can interact with my device from a PC, tablet, phone via cloud services and 3rd party apps as well.

Hard pill to swallow...
    You know even Android doesn't need that hardware, right? In fact, with KitKat it has been fixed to work on lesser hardware. All that other 800 processor does is suck more battery. There is no logical need for that processor.

BB10 is a far more efficient OS. And, the build quality of Blackberry makes any LG or Samsung device look like lego.

Just saying..

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:00 PM

Hard pill to swallow...
    It's $600 off contract here in Canada.
    11-03-13 01:12 PM
    Hard pill to swallow...
    Please don't spread incorrect information.
    N5 hardware is 349/399, link.
    Z30 hardware is 399, link

N5 on contract is 149, link
    Z30 on contract is 129, link
    11-03-13 01:13 PM

- BB Z30
    - BB Z10
    - Galaxy Note 2
    - Galaxy S4
    - Nexus 4
    - iPhone 5
    - Ativ S

How do you compare it with z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:45 PM
    Please don't spread incorrect information.
    N5 hardware is 349/399, link.
    Z30 hardware is 399, link

N5 on contract is 149, link
    Z30 on contract is 129, link
    Not everyone can buy from BlackBerry employees. When comparing prices from official outlets it is obvious that the Z30 is by far more expensive than the Nexus 5. Here is Germany the Z30 has about the same price tag than the Xperia Z1 and is more expensive than the Galaxy S4.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:54 PM
    I am also extremely pleased with my Z30. I loved my 9900, and was concerned when I upgraded. But almost immediately I realized that this device was awesome.

Best blackberry ever imo.
    11-03-13 05:03 PM
    Z30 is by far more expensive than the Nexus 5
    Good to know.
    How much N5 in Germany?
    I wonder where the price difference goes.
    11-03-13 08:49 PM
    The 32gb nexus 5 I ordered cost me $468 after tax and shipping. My z30 cost $678 so, no, it is not $300-$400 more. And the z will have more than twice the space as the n5.

In terms of hardware, the z still has larger battery, likely better radio, same gpu? N5 has higher resolution screen and faster cpu. So, again, not all hardware is better.

Software? Well more apps yes, but stock bb10 has a bit more functionality than stock android with no apps installed or at least it can do things that you have to install apps for on android. And to be fair, android can do things that bb10 can't.

Ecosystem? Yes, android has that.

And the same argument more or less can be made, at least with regards to price, in a Samsung galaxy s4 forum, or a HTC one forum, or Apple forum. Do you know the iPhone 5s 64GB will cost you over $1000 dollars! You can almost but three n5's for the same price!

Just saying...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-03-13 09:45 PM
    You know even Android doesn't need that hardware, right? In fact, with KitKat it has been fixed to work on lesser hardware. All that other 800 processor does is suck more battery. There is no logical need for that processor.

BB10 is a far more efficient OS. And, the build quality of Blackberry makes any LG or Samsung device look like lego.

Just saying..

Posted via CB10
    but,the LG G2 has one of the best looking interfaces I have ever seen on a phone.
    11-03-13 09:47 PM
28 12