I'm also new to CrackBerry as a member. Yes, I stalked this website and forum for the past 5 weeks but have never signed up for an account.

The last BlackBerry I owned was the BlackBerry Bold 9650. I switched to the iPhone 4 right after and then used the iPhone 5. When Apple announced their new iPhone 6, it just turned me off.

Same thing, different look. I became quite detached from the BlackBerry world but one day checked out how the company and the phones were. Now I'm here and I must say, the BlackBerry Z30 is the best phone I ever used! No kidding. The Z30 is a beast. I managed to plan my presentations, write and edit documents while on Skype, stayed more in touch with friends. I even converted them to use BBM on their iOS and Android devices! Best messaging platform.

Thank you to all users here for all the information shared! I wouldn't be this productive if I never decided to give up my old phone or read this forum.

Thank goodness, I'm with BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:18 AM
    Welcome! I too took a turn off at Android from my 8530 Curve to the EVO3D...Came back to the Z10...Awesome Hub and glad to be back also...Again, welcome.
    12-13-14 03:13 AM
    Did the jump from iPhone 4S, the first what I noticed: can't kill the battery in one day, whereas I ended up charging the iPhone about 5 times a day at the end of its planned lifetime.

The hub.... just wow.

Love this BlackBerry Z30. The BBM is still not my cup of tea. I need to attach more than one pictures at once, and my voice chat won't work to my girlfriend for some reason.

Anyway: Welcome to the BlackBerry World. The Z30 is an amazing thing. A beast!!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:22 AM
    Welcome, and theZ30 is amazing. I upgraded from the Z10, and, I am so glad I did. The Z10 is good, don't get me wrong, but this phone is at a whole different level indeed, and the battery life....wow!!! #BlackBerryforlife.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 05:12 AM
    Welcome my friend. Enjoy.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    12-13-14 07:01 AM
    Hard to imagine that something like the BlackBerry Z30 is an extremely underrated phone. And yet, everyone that uses it and every long-term use review hold it in the utmost highest regard. It's even won a few 2014 best overall phone type competitions if I'm not mistaken.

Welcome to CB and the exclusive club of Z30 owners OP! I'm fairly new myself to the Z30 but have never strayed from BlackBerry since my 7250. Upgraded to the Z30 from a Z10 and looking forward to the Z30 successor.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Oiram Asojonih likes this.
    12-13-14 07:09 AM
    Did the jump from iPhone 4S, the first what I noticed: can't kill the battery in one day, whereas I ended up charging the iPhone about 5 times a day at the end of its planned lifetime.

The hub.... just wow.

Love this BlackBerry Z30. The BBM is still not my cup of tea. I need to attach more than one pictures at once, and my voice chat won't work to my girlfriend for some reason.

Anyway: Welcome to the BlackBerry World. The Z30 is an amazing thing. A beast!!

Posted via CB10
    Just a heads up... there's a new update in blackberry world for bbm, you can now send multiple pictures at once, also another way of sending multiple photos is zipping them together in the file manager and then sending that for them to unzip

Posted via CB10
    leamago likes this.
    12-13-14 07:17 AM
    Just a heads up... there's a new update in blackberry world for bbm, you can now send multiple pictures at once, also another way of sending multiple photos is zipping them together in the file manager and then sending that for them to unzip

Posted via CB10
    Ha well would you look at that. I didn't even think about zipping photos or multiple photos, that's neat! However can Apple or Android phones unzip the files ones they get them through BBM?

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-13-14 08:40 AM
    Ha well would you look at that. I didn't even think about zipping photos or multiple photos, that's neat! However can Apple or Android phones unzip the files ones they get them through BBM?

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Not sure about ios but probably not, you can on all bb10 devices and on android, I think android users will need to have an unzip app installed though
    12-13-14 10:24 AM
    Welcome to team BlackBerry...
    I started with the Z10 when it first came out, we'll maybe a month after it came out, but I HAD to have it after seeing Heins showing it off.

I know my friends and even my family made fun of me for buying a BlackBerry, they don't make fun too much now after seeing what this beast can do compared to their phones.

But I keep telling them(wall huggers), the battery life is amazing, the Hub is something everyone should have, the screen size is perfect, and to top it all off you can't beat the BlackBerry Security

Post via my BlackBerry Z30!
    12-13-14 10:38 AM
    Welcome, you picked an amazing phone. Don't be afraid to dig around it is full of useful things not everyone knows about. Some features you might like that are.

USB hosting. You can get a 5$ USB OTG adapter and plus USB flash drives in, came controllers, keyboard and mouse. I even played videos off a 2TB hard drive.

HDMI out, you can connect to your TV with a standard micro hdmi to hdmi cable for about 5$ (a lot cheaper than the 50$ apple adapter)

You can still use your @icloud email address

File manager, you can drag and drop files create and move content like a pc, even over WiFi. Plays more media content than apple by far.

Micro SD card
    NFC file sharing
    BBM video
    2 app stores
    Battery life is amazing

Anyways those are just a few things worth mentioning

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 10:54 AM
    Thank you all for the very positive feedback. The kind that made me switch in the first place.

I showed the phone to friends and family; some mock my Z30. I keep telling them that it's the best phone I ever owned and showed them its features. I just couldn't stop showing off my Z30!

I don't know if they'll convert but I make sure to tell them that there is a great alternative to their iPhones and Galaxies out there.

Thanks for the welcome guys! And thanks for all the suggestions on what my phone can do.

P.S. - I enjoyed typing all that on my Z30 keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:48 AM
    I have always had a soft spot for the z30. I went to the passport when it launch and sold my z30 which I still regret doing.

A friend of mine has a brand new z30 100-5 black model he won in a raffle and is offering it to me for 200 dollars, so I am going to grab it and load the 10.3.1.1154 leak on it. Couldn't resist the price.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-14-14 04:48 AM
    I have never been a BB owner, just a corporate user (and I supported them too). Quite frankly, I wasn't interested in getting one for personal use 5+ years ago due to the "half-screen". That's why my first smartphone was the iP 3GS. It was a beautiful device. Apple does design beautiful products that work well, but for me, they're overpriced.

After 3 years of iOS, I hopped on the Android train because though I jailbroke my iP, it was still too restrictive. I enjoyed the freedom of my Galaxy Nexus these past couple years, but the Android ecosystem has a lot of growing up to do.

So that brings me to what's old is new again, or rather, what didn't exist before, now IS. A known secure device with an ideally sized 5" screen.
    When I saw the Z30 last year – a year into my newly contracted phone – I was drooling for it. I think it's beautiful. The "feel" and look are absolutely rich. Now that I own it, I like the plethora of smart, built-in features; I like that I can selectively deny permissions BB apps ask for (it's been just 1 week, so I haven't started side-loading; there's time for that yet). I love the volume, both off and on speakers. And The Hub.

Nit-picking, the only shortcoming I've found at this time is the display. My 3-year old GNex's display seems better. But quite frankly, you would only notice it if you're nit-picking.
    12-14-14 02:49 PM
    The Z30 is awesome

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-14-14 07:05 PM
    Agree, love the experience my Z30. I got tired of the same old ecosystem on Apple and couldn't stand how in bed they were with the government. So, I get a more secure platform that has a better OS, battery, screen and productivity. Grabbed it during the black friday sale and haven't regretted it. Enjoy
    12-15-14 11:50 AM
    Yes, the Z30 is fantastic. I had the BlackBerry Torch 2, which was great, and then I upgraded to the Z30, which is amazing !

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-16-14 06:50 PM
    Congrats!! Load 10.3.1.1154 first before anything else! And welcome to CrackBerry-world!!

Cheers!!!

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-16-14 06:56 PM
    Well, about 2 months into using my Z30. Have to say I love the phone. Multi task, copy paste all the other stuff. It really is a portable computer. Super fast and secure operating system. I'm glad I did not switch from my old 9810 to a android, I am not interested in apple products at all. My wife has the apple I pad, I really don't like the platform, rather use my old PlayBook, that actually is set up with my Z30 now. Going to be upgrading my wife's older 9900 for a either Z10 or the new classic. Last note, what I like about the Z30 is when you use it as a phone, the conversation is crystal clear, not that Tin can effect my friends have from those rotten apple products. BBM rocks.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 08:30 AM
    Welcome!!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:59 AM