10-23-13 02:57 PM
43 12
tools
    a 3.5-3.6 inch traditional qwerty is the way to go for the "Q 30" next year. Forget the sliders. Upgrade the specs, and get rid of the 1:1 aspect ratio. I don't miss the trackpad and buttons one bit. With the increased real estate, it should help a lot.
    The problem with your plan is that increasing the specs and screen size would just reduce the battery life and workhorse nature of the q10 with little benefit to the user, so when they come to do an upgrade to the q10 they will need to make more significant changes to increase the differences between low and high end qwerty devices.

BB talk about mobile computing a lot and you would hope that it was the primary focus of whatever they eventually release as a their next high-end qwerty device.
    10-11-13 09:13 AM
    A Z30 with the original BB 9000 physical keyboard (red and green colours, backlit etc. ) with bigger keys and letters for my fading eyesight would suit my larger fingers fine. I looked at getting a Q10 but I was turned off at the look and style. There is something about curves and that keyboard style/colour that made the BB 9000 a great looking device that has a lasting impression. Well that's my opinion anyway.

Listen up CEO Blackberry...)
    10-13-13 07:37 AM
    Sorry, I meant Q30 not Z30.
    10-13-13 07:38 AM
    Business people and government want and can afford high end phone

Posted via Z10
    10-13-13 11:37 AM
    I've been googling this device for 2 yrs now.. if this comes.. then BlackBerry is back forever...

Posted via CB10
    they need to change the design language drastically. The current language is not working as it should...
    10-13-13 11:05 PM
    The torch was BlackBerry's second best selling device after the bold. Why they haven't released a slider with bb10 is beyond me. In fact the should have released it instead of the z10 in my humble opinion. A good slider is a completely unique proposition. Big screen and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:33 AM
    What's a track pad

Z10/10.2.0.1725
    10-15-13 06:06 AM
    I would definitely buy a q30. I went for a z10 the other day but I still love a physical keyboard. The screen in the q10 was to small for me so I went for the z. I m convinced many other people think like me and the q30 would be the top selling device. Even though the virtual keyboard on the z is great BlackBerry users usually want to have a keyboard. Definitely a market for the q30 out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:27 AM
    The torch was BlackBerry's second best selling device after the bold. Why they haven't released a slider with bb10 is beyond me. In fact the should have released it instead of the z10 in my humble opinion. A good slider is a completely unique proposition. Big screen and keyboard.
    Got anything to back up that claim, bolds and curves would have sold far more even in the same generation of device and the 9800 was unpopular enough that plenty of carriers in europe skipped the 9810 when they launched bb7 devices and european carriers typically support BB very well.
    10-15-13 07:23 AM
    I love the design of my Q10. As much as I would like a 16:9 aspect ratio, I don't think it's practical for a qwerty. The 1:1 works. At best we'll see a 4:3 ratio, but I doubt it. I would be satisfied with a slightly larger 1:1.

Posted with my Q10!
    10-15-13 09:29 AM
    Googling "Q30" gives this:
    http://i.imgur.com/70zIhAh.jpg

If only.
    10-15-13 03:52 PM
    Googling "Q30" gives this:
    http://i.imgur.com/70zIhAh.jpg

If only.
    Yeah I'd never trade my Q10 in for that thing :/.

Posted with my Q10!
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    10-15-13 04:01 PM
    Got anything to back up that claim, bolds and curves would have sold far more even in the same generation of device and the 9800 was unpopular enough that plenty of carriers in europe skipped the 9810 when they launched bb7 devices and european carriers typically support BB very well.
    I've searched everywhere looking for that article I read about this authors analysis of the recent 1 bil worth of Z10 write downs and what the author thought they "should have done instead" but I can seem to find it.

You're probably right that the torch didn't do as well as the curve and bold as you mentioned but the author did pull up some interesting figures on the slider.

Basically he thought a physical keyboard device should have been the first BlackBerry 10 phone.

If I find it I'll send it to you as it was an interesting read. =)

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:26 PM
    Double posted sorry
    10-15-13 05:28 PM
    what??? the Q10 IS the evolution of the best previous BB...the Bold.

There is a wider ownership of BB than CB. And many previous owners of BB's want those characteristics. If one is accustomed to having a steak cooked 'medium', then they want it medium.
    Your age and lack of experience reduces your credibility.
    10-15-13 07:23 PM
    If the Q30 includes the core BB characteristics (keyboard, BB button/trackpad/back button configuration), and is an inch longer than the current Q10, then YES a Q30 would be a highly desirable device. BB moved away from their core design in this Z10/Q10 fiasco and NOBODY is really happy. BB is the highest quality phone made, the OS version 10 is fabulous, battery life is great and so is the communication hub. But the deficient phone design just wasn't what the doctor ordered.... What were you thinking about by competing with your competition on their terms...?
    Nobody eh?

I'm pretty happy with my Q10! Nobody appointed you to represent everybody so please don't speak on our behalf!

I'm actually happy without the back button, trackpad, and BlackBerry button. I prefer this design because it keeps the phone compact, while maximizing screen size. BlackBerry did a fantastic job with this design in my opinion. I'm aware that there are some, like yourself, who disagree. I find it in no way deficient.

The OS may not be as efficient as the legacy one yet, but that's another discussion. Updates are addressing this problem.

Posted with my Q10!
    10-15-13 07:59 PM
    Hope not. Blackberry should avoid diluting the market with too many devices like Samsung that keeps releasing one every month or so.
    10-16-13 06:03 AM
    And BB like the Q with an inch taller screen and my search is over. I love my Q10 and would marry a Q30.
    10-23-13 02:57 PM
43 12