I was finally convinced by my brothers to get the z30 after 2 years with an iPhone. I'm enjoying the phone, but have two problems I need to solve before I'm fully convinced!

1. I installed the sim card and activated my new phone. I can call and text my contacts, but those who text me through iPhone's can't get through to me. I searched and turned off iMessage on both my old iPhone and my mac book pro...but this didn't seem to do the trick.

2. While using my USB in my car to give me some music, it labels it as unsupported (charges but doesn't play music). I tested this in 2 different cars as well.

Does this sound like a faulty device? Or do I just need to add a few tweaks to my z30?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:54 PM
    These are some great questions.... I have no idea

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 05:13 PM
    For the second one, try turning on "USB mass storage" under settings > storage and access.
    07-09-14 05:17 PM
    I was finally convinced by my brothers to get the z30 after 2 years with an iPhone. I'm enjoying the phone, but have two problems I need to solve before I'm fully convinced!

1. I installed the sim card and activated my new phone. I can call and text my contacts, but those who text me through iPhone's can't get through to me. I searched and turned off iMessage on both my old iPhone and my mac book pro...but this didn't seem to do the trick.

2. While using my USB in my car to give me some music, it labels it as unsupported (charges but doesn't play music). I tested this in 2 different cars as well.

Does this sound like a faulty device? Or do I just need to add a few tweaks to my z30?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Hi OP

Glad you're enjoying your Z30 and welcome.

1. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry, its a widespread iPhone issue, mainly iPhone users only encounter it after changing to a different device, so no matter what you would have changed to that is not Apple, you would have the same experience.
    It's got to do with the way Apple link iMessage to your mobile number. People have suggested turning off iMessage before switching devices and then moving over, although this hasnt worked for most, although reports are after 3 months text are no longer being held hostage by iMessage and start delievering as normal.

I would suggest either calling your carrier or the Apple 'geniuses' and tell them you want this resolved immediately, if you go into an iStore they will undoubtedly blame the device and try sell you a new iPhone, do not believe the nonsense that they will throw at you.
    Infact this such an issue with Apple a class action lawsuit was filed against them. Here is a link from iMore, Apple being sued because someone forgot to turn off iMessage when they switched to Android | iMore
    Although you could probably find articles farless biased toward Apple all over the internet.

2. You're going to have to give a bit more details on this
    A_Aviator_A likes this.
    07-09-14 05:22 PM
    I can't really say about your USB issue as I use headphone jack in my car,

But it's reported the iPhone issue is common, and it's not just when switching to BlackBerry, friends I know who had iPhone and switched to androids had same issue, when I text them it acts like imessage on their end so they are none the wiser but on your end it doesn't send properly..

I used to have iPhone too before switching to z30, but I haven't experienced issues on my end, only cure I can think of is to disassociate your phone number with imessage, but it's an apple issue and I know other sites were complaining about apple because of it

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:06 PM
    Also, check you apple devices and make sure to disassociate your phone number with imessage, don't just turn imessage off, that may be the issue

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:08 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input. Still havent gotten the iMessage problem fixed, but I'm working on it. I just tried again with my USB cord in my car and it gave me this message
    New z30 owner who needs some help!-img_20140709_170254.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:05 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input. Still havent gotten the iMessage problem fixed, but I'm working on it. I just tried again with my USB cord in my car and it gave me this message
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140709_170254.png 
Views:	1455 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	284107

Posted via CB10
    Just click dismiss. You get this message when you plug your BlackBerry 10 into a device that has no BlackBerry Link and is not able to run it.
    07-09-14 07:14 PM
    What kind of car/stereo are you trying to plug it into?
    Also what versions OS are you running? You can get this info quickly by typing 'myver' (without the '') and pressing spacebar
    07-09-14 07:14 PM
    What kind of car/stereo are you trying to plug it into?
    Also what versions OS are you running? You can get this info quickly by typing 'myver' (without the '') and pressing spacebar
    I've tried it in a 2012 honda odyssey and a 1986 Mercedes, which I of course changed out the head stereo a year ago. I'm running Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2180

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:46 PM
    You want to find out if the car stereo supports USB or does it only work with iPhone. You can find out on the manufacturer's website. Post the steroids brand and number I can dig for you. What I do is just get a flash drive and load the music onto that. That way my phone is separate from music when I'm driving and ever car stereo seems to handle the simple file system quicker. (you will notice when you change songs)

Does the stereo have a 3.5 mm headset jack in? If so just get a cable... much easier.

Don't give up on your z30... it makes doing everything communication wise faster and easier.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:59 PM
    For the second one, try turning on "USB mass storage" under settings > storage and access.
    Dear OP kostasko. This is the solution for problem number 2.

Differentiate or Die
    07-09-14 09:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140709_170254.png 
Views:	1455 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	284107

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried putting your sim back on your iPhone then turning off iMessage?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:04 PM
    Your car has usb but no Bluetooth?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:00 PM
    IPhone sim is different than the z30 sim. Contacted apple and they had me text 48369 "STOP", Change my apple id password and they told me to reset my network settings on my z30. Nothing worked and they said it should be fixed in the next 24 hours...cool apple.

My car only has a USB port, no bluetooth. I can use an aux cable but i'd rather just have a cord that plays music and charges at the same time.I turned on USB mass storage and still no luck. That's alright if this doesn't work, but the way apple controls these phone numbers through iMessage is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:45 PM
    Have you tried using a different USB/Micro USb cable? Not all are the same, some are just "charging cables" If you have a Playbook? try that cable.

c
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    07-10-14 11:56 AM
    To get the Link message to stop showing up, I changed the USB Connection setting under Access to Storage from Autodetect to Connect to Windows and I no longer receive prompts. If it's not charging, it's because the USB port doesn't supply a high enough amperage, or the 5v lead doesn't really supply 5v (a problem with earlier implementations of USB on some devices)
    07-10-14 12:06 PM
    Standard USB dumps .5 amps, the Z30 charger dumps out .8 amps.
    Unless you have USB 3.0 with Thunderbolt.
    c
    07-10-14 12:45 PM
    I think for the i message thing that you need to disassociate the phone number through iTunes on the computer. The message about link is because of the auto detection detailed above and the media in the car may be because you haven't given it permission for music in the blue tooth settings.
    New z30 owner who needs some help!-img_20140710_195701.png

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-10-14 01:57 PM