hello all , I'm waiting for the UPS truck to bring my new z30 for verizon. ive been lurking and reading trying to educate myself about blackberry.
    i currently use a note 4 but im always looking for that perfect combo in a phone. the lollypop update really messed a few things up for me so im trying new things. I tried a iphone 6+ for all of 3 days and it had to go. i use my phone for running my business so having a reliable signal is very important. my questions are this , is it worth doing the side load to get the play store working? i use google maps a lot not only for navigation but also for sharing addresses with my employees . will it work the same as it does now if i side load the play store then download google maps?

also if i make an appointment in the calendar with a address will the address launch google maps whenever you click it if you have maps installed?
    its a bunch of questions i know for my 1st post but ive read a bunch and really havent found what im looking for so thanks in advance !
    06-18-15 09:43 PM
    So the short answer is, yes.

In my opinion, you should sideload things and get the Google play store up and running and you should also learn to patch those apps in order to fully utilize them. But to your specific questions, I have Google Maps installed and am able to use navigation and share addresses to others through it. However, addresses in my calendar and contacts, opens up BlackBerry Maps, the native app by default, not Google Maps. But you can share from there as well. Good luck with your new Z30. I'm sure you'll have more questions.

Posted via CB10
    chevyman29 likes this.
    06-18-15 10:15 PM
    is there a good calendar app that shows month view with some details about the appointments for each day?
    06-18-15 11:00 PM
    is there a good calendar app that shows month view with some details about the appointments for each day?
    Won't the Agenda feature work in the BlackBerry calendar?

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    06-18-15 11:50 PM
    The Blackberry calendar shows the current day's agenda below the calendar.

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    06-18-15 11:57 PM
    The native BB calendar even shows what's coming up next on the lock screen if you want it to. But again, yes.
    06-19-15 12:01 AM
    I suppose it depends on your particular needs but I find the native calendar to be perfectly functional enough for what I need it to do. One tip though, using the BlackBerry Assistant (voice command) to schedule appointments is super fast! Entering them manually seems very cumbersome once you become in the habit of using the Assistant.

It sounds like you have your priorities worked out for what you need in a mobile device. I'm quite surprised you haven't found yourself a BlackBerry sooner. Keep us posted with your first impressions. I would be very surprised if you are disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 12:06 AM
    New Z30 owner with questions on Google Maps & Play store-img_20150619_012824.png
    New Z30 owner with questions on Google Maps & Play store-img_20150619_012833.png
    New Z30 owner with questions on Google Maps & Play store-img_20150619_012839.png

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 12:29 AM
    No side loading necessary. Search the Android Apps forum, and you'll find how to do it.

PaulJ
    06-19-15 01:45 PM
    I didn't like the Google play store. Opted for snap instead and BlackBerry maps.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    06-19-15 08:18 PM
    Snap works good.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5.
    06-19-15 08:46 PM
    thanks for the pics ! i got it this morning and got it working . it updated to 10.2
    couple things in the native calender i notice that whenever i put in an appointment with a address that whenever you click on the address nothing happens ? it doesnt launch maps ? maybe im doing something wrong . also im thinking about upgrading to 10.3 but from what ive read theres like 5 ways you can do it . whats the best way ?
    06-20-15 12:53 PM
    also is it 10.3 that brings the amazon app store ? i thought that was 10.2
    06-20-15 01:01 PM
    thanks for the pics ! i got it this morning and got it working . it updated to 10.2
    couple things in the native calender i notice that whenever i put in an appointment with a address that whenever you click on the address nothing happens ? it doesnt launch maps ? maybe im doing something wrong . also im thinking about upgrading to 10.3 but from what ive read theres like 5 ways you can do it . whats the best way ?
    The best way is to use an autoloader before you ever even start to set up a new phone. As far as OS's go, pick one.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=943672
    First post.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:31 PM
    also is it 10.3 that brings the amazon app store ? i thought that was 10.2
    Amazon Appstore has worked since 10.2.1, but wasn't preloaded.

As of 10.3.0 & 10.3.1, Amazon Appstore came preloaded.

As of 10.3.2, Amazon shopping app also comes preloaded.
    06-20-15 01:31 PM
    ok so if its not in the blackberry world app then where do you get it?
    06-20-15 01:43 PM
    Snap if you're on 10.2. Amazon, Snap, or Google Play Store if you're on 10.3.1. at least.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 02:08 PM
    Snap if you're on 10.2. Amazon, Snap, or Google Play Store if you're on 10.3.1. at least.

Posted via CB10
    Forgive me for all the dumb questions but how does one get snap? It's not in the store so I assume it's gotta be side loaded. I swear I'm not ********. I'm totally new to blackberry
    06-20-15 02:20 PM
    Forgive me for all the dumb questions but how does one get snap? It's not in the store so I assume it's gotta be side loaded. I swear I'm not ********. I'm totally new to blackberry
    There are several ways, but this is my recommended method for those without a lot of experience.

Install Snap using Sachesi:
    1. Download the appropriate Sachesi version here: Sachesi
    2. Un-archive the exe file (currently a 7zip file)
    3. Put the exe file in a folder on it's own on your computer (it's a stand-alone program)
    4. Download Snap here: Snap Google Play Client
    5. Plug your device into your computer.
    6. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    7. Click on the install tab.
    8. Drag/drop the Snap bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    9. When complete, unplug your device. You're done, enjoy.

*** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    *** Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > "Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed" must be enabled to install APK's.

This is broken down into micro steps to make it as clear as possible.
    tdyhedge and chevyman29 like this.
    06-20-15 04:42 PM
    [QUOTE=Elessar.cm;11732816]There are several ways, but this is my recommended method for those without a lot of experience.

Now were getting somewhere LOL. Ty so much for taking the time to do that.
    Could I use a similar process to upgrade to 10.3 ?
    Again ty !
    06-20-15 06:42 PM
    [QUOTE=chevyman29;11733005]
    There are several ways, but this is my recommended method for those without a lot of experience.

Now were getting somewhere LOL. Ty so much for taking the time to do that.
    Could I use a similar process to upgrade to 10.3 ?
    Again ty !
    You have several options. Take a look at these gudes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...es-you-993536/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11335451
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/
    06-20-15 10:56 PM
    i think i have sachesi pushing the latest update for my phone right now . if it works like i assume it will . it took me a while to get sachesi working on my pc for one reason or another. but now im starting to get a better understanding of how it all works . next im gonna try to get the play store running with google maps working right and a few other key apps. but if i put all this google stuff on here im starting to wonder whats the point ? i may as well have a google android phone.
    i do appreciate your patients
    06-20-15 11:07 PM
    i think i have sachesi pushing the latest update for my phone right now . if it works like i assume it will . it took me a while to get sachesi working on my pc for one reason or another. but now im starting to get a better understanding of how it all works . next im gonna try to get the play store running with google maps working right and a few other key apps. but if i put all this google stuff on here im starting to wonder whats the point ? i may as well have a google android phone.
    i do appreciate your patients
    Good question as well as answer for yourself. See, it seems to me you already been enjoying your BlackBerry experience but still haven't been used to the change or fully embraced for your particular needs.
    I definitely recommend you to update to 10.3. It's just, much fluid and a lot more apps from Amazon and BlackBerry world available to download. Maybe you should give a go on bbm as well, ask a friend or wife to download, chat a bit, see what you think and if you need to use it with your employees to communicate get everyone to download it.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    06-21-15 01:19 AM
    Well the download was taking forever and then it stopped with a error 500 message. So at that point I gave up and went to bed. I may mess with it some more today if I feel like it.
    06-21-15 09:47 AM
    VZW 10.3 is on its way. I'd just wait for that. I'm really not that into the leaks. 10.2 is really not that bad. I've got all the stores loaded and still have flash browser. Yes, I know you can sideload the flash browser in 10.3 but why mess with the device if it is working fine?

Oh, Google Maps doesn't work well. I can't seem to sign in. I think it needs Services.
    06-21-15 11:43 AM
32 12