Recently purchased a brand new Z30 to replace my Nexus 5 which I passed down to my wife when her iPhone 5 died. Nexus 5 was great, never any issues and I had no desire to replace it however, I also had a Z10 for a period of time along with the Nexus and thoroughly enjoyed using it except for the battery life. Since we need a new phone anyhow I decided to take advantage of a great Z30 price (epp.....shhhhh) and get myself a new phone.

Now I'm not exactly new to BB10 (although I wouldn't exactly consider myself well informed either) but, after a week and a couple of headaches I'm all set up again and missing essentially nothing........except.......for a couple of small issues I'm hoping I can find some help with.

1. Dropbox video orientation. Videos I have saved in Dropbox play.....errrr....sideways. Plays in landscape while holding in portrait and switching to landscape results in playing in portrait upside down. PC and iPad they play as normal. Moving videos from Dropbox to a different cloud storage service (Google drive for example) results in no change. I see no option in Dropbox to rotate orientation. Any ideas?

2. Native alarm clock. Works great. Snooze button drives me crazy. Mostly inaccessible unless I'm awake (which I'm not or I wouldn't need snooze) and is way to close to whatever the button above it is labeled that apparently turns the alarm off. Now I know the point of an alarm is to wake up when it goes off and not need snooze but, old dog......new tricks.....probably not gonna happen so.....can someone recommend a quality/reliable alarm replacement app that might solve this issue?

3. Cast button in Netflix app. I had this working on my z10 when I still had it. Then app updates removed the cast button. I saved the last known working Netflix apk, rolled back and it worked again. Installing that very same Netflix apk on my Z30 results in no cast button. Does anyone here have this working that could point me in the right direction??

Thanks, sorry for the long post.
    11-18-14 10:15 PM
    LOL! If you want to use the snooze button, turn on the light, put your glasses on and wake up! Rediculous, isn't it? 5" screen with a 1/4" bar to click. Oh, another 1/4" bar below it to cancel the snooze...WTF? The rest of the screen is bright white to blind you? I'm up now. BB wants to go out of business.
    11-18-14 10:43 PM
    Is your phone in bedside mode? When my alarm goes off just touch the screen anywhere and it snoozes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-14 10:52 PM
    Is your phone in bedside mode? When my alarm goes off just touch the screen anywhere and it snoozes.

This works for me too.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 10:56 PM
    1. I have no idea. I have no videos on my dropbox account to test it and see if there's a fix.

2. I personally never had an issue to hit the snooze button, but I know a lot of people here on CB complain about it. The best thing to do would probably be to search blackberry world or some android app store for an alarm app that has a bigger snooze button. There has to be one. Or use the bedside mode like suggested earlier.

3. I don't know which OS you're running. But I'm sure if you do a quick search for cast and netflix on CB you'll find the best version to download if the new one doesn't work properly for "casting". I've seen some threads about it, but I can't remember which ones.

I hope you'll enjoy your z30!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:01 PM

Or you can click one of the power buttons or volume rockers.

I would agree I am. Not a fan of how close the Dismiss and Snooze buttons are on the screen.
    11-18-14 11:03 PM