I will be getting my Telus Z30 this afternoon. I am on Bell Canada with my unlocked Z10 at the moment and know I will need to get my Telus Z30 unlocked.

Do I need to do the following below or just simply unlock my Z30, put my Bell sim card in and off I go?

Activate your new phone
    A new SIM card is required when you do not already own a compatible TELUS SIM card for your new device. Just to be safe we ship a SIM card with all orders.

Your device hasn't been activated yet. To activate your phone, visit www.telusmobility.com/activate. After activation, please insert the SIM card and turn on the phone.

Want to keep your existing number? While activating it on www.telusmobility.com/activate you can select the option to keep your existing number.

Some assistance would be much appreciated as I have never done this before.
    10-21-13 03:34 PM
    Just get it unlocked and pop in the new micro sim and you're good to go!
    10-21-13 03:45 PM
    I will be getting my Telus Z30 this afternoon. I am on Bell Canada with my unlocked Z10 at the moment and know I will need to get my Telus Z30 unlocked.

Do I need to the the following below or just simply unlock my Z30, put my Bell sim card in and off I go?

Activate your new phone
    A new SIM card is required when you do not already own a compatible TELUS SIM card for your new device. Just to be safe we ship a SIM card with all orders.

Your device hasn't been activated yet. To activate your phone, visit www.telusmobility.com/activate. After activation, please insert the SIM card and turn on the phone.

Want to keep your existing number? While activating it on www.telusmobility.com/activate you can select the option to keep your existing number.

Some assistance would be much appreciated as I have never done this before.
    Not fully sure if this is already in force, but CRTC did change th regulation, which should be effective around the end of this year (not sure exactly when), but by law, the carrier should be able to unlock your device.

"have their cellphones unlocked after 90 days, or immediately if they paid for the device in full"
    Canadians can cancel their wireless contracts after two years with new CRTC wireless code | CRTC

So you should ask Telus ...maybe that is already effective
    10-21-13 03:46 PM
    Awesome chaps...thanks very much for the help...
    10-21-13 03:51 PM