It only turned up today, but I'm certain, I had this damn defect on my old Nokia N8, lower the brightness the more darker UI components go purple and moving them quickly gives a sort of fade effect.

Anyone getting this or am I that unlucky?

Can't they make a screen without a defect anymore -_-"

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:38 PM
    I have this effect but i barely see it.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 03:07 PM
    It's not a defect... they all do that. The screen has a natural bluish tint to it even when it's turned off.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    05-14-15 03:21 PM
    It's not a defect... they all do that. The screen has a natural bluish tint to it even when it's turned off.
    It is a defect, I've had Three AMOLED screens, first one had it, badly, second one didn't, some have greenish tint, some have purple, some even have Yellow, it's a Manufacturing issue.

My Nokia N8 has this, I've done side by side comparisons with N8's, same Software, it's hardware.
    05-14-15 03:37 PM
    It is a defect, I've had Three AMOLED screens, first one had it, badly, second one didn't, some have greenish tint, some have purple, some even have Yellow, it's a Manufacturing issue.

My Nokia N8 has this, I've done side by side comparisons with N8's, same Software, it's hardware.
    Unless you can compare z30s I don't get how you can say that yours is defective. From my comparison of a few z30, the screens all have that light tint to them. Is it a defect? I don't know but if they all have it... maybe that's how it is supposed to be.
    Definitely not like the clear white and black of an lcd screen though
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    05-14-15 05:42 PM
    It is a different screen type than the Z10. So it might have a different color cast? Have you gone into the Display and altered the Display Color Settings (White Balance)?
    05-14-15 08:36 PM
    Yes I have this. Most noticeable when scrolling in the CB app where grey changes to black. Mines kind of a purplish maroon color. It doesn't bother me anymore

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:23 AM
    I'll just post that when the Z30 is off as well as a comparison Z10 or Passport, the Z30 screen has a (purple...ish?) tint to it. This is the exact same on every Z30 I've seen. My old one before screen was replaced and after, my sister's Z30, etc. I don't think it is a defect if you are describing the same thing.

I absolutely love the color saturation on the Z30 even though some reviews say it is oversaturated. The Z30 uses a different screen than the Z10/Passport which you seem to be aware. If you are describing this it is not a defect.

Not sure about yellow or whatever colors you mentioned. I'm just referring to the screen when viewed on an angle compared to other devices with a different screen in decent lighting while off. The Z30 is unique with this as compared to other BB10s, but every Z30 has been identical where it is not a solid black when turned off.

Edit: Just did a comparison again with the screen off and it is barely noticeable unless the Passport is right next to it then I can clearly see it is not a solid black. Has been the same on the three Z30s I've seen. They all have been exactly the same though with the AMO Z30 screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:03 AM
    I think you're seeing differently to what I see on my z30, mine is identical to the Purple Tint issue Nokia AMOLED devices had, it's hard to explain really.

I still have my N8 with that issue which Nokia confirmed as a defect

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:04 PM
    Mine does the same thing. It's the most noticeable in Crackberry, the black lines ghost as purple 1-2 lines above the line being scrolled downwards. Kinda weird, but doesn't cause any issues so it's whatever to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:03 PM
    Yes I experience this myself

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-18-15 02:50 PM