Hi everyone.
    I am about to purchase a new unlocked Z30 off ebay but wondered if I may encounter any problems with my carrier.
    I currently have an unlocked Bold 9900 with Orange UK on a Panther Extra 25 plan, and am 12 months away from my next upgrade. I cannot see anywhere where it tells me how much data I currently have per month, just inclusive Blackberry Internet. As the sim on the Z30 is a mini one I obviously can't just put my 9900 sim straight into it. Would Orange just supply me with a new sim card and allow me to stay on the existing tarriff until my contract ends in Jan 15? How much data may I need per month if I am a very light user?
    Also, I love my 9900 and it is in perfect condition. Is now a good time to sell it before it gets too much older? I currently have a drawer full of old handsets and don't want this to end up there!
    01-15-14 11:40 AM
    I won't answer on network compatibility, but both the 9900 and all BB10 devices to date all use micro SIM cards. However, if you have LTE (true 4G) available, you will likely need a new LTE-compatible micro SIM.

For the device, inquire exactly which model variant of the Z30 you're getting, and that it's compatible with your carrier's network(s).
    The model will look like STA100-5. (The last number changes with different variants.)
    More than one may work just fine with your carrier, so check what they're selling.
    01-15-14 02:31 PM
    elite1 - 9900 does not have a micro sim. I own one and have swapped my sim into other handsets on two or three occasions already, including purchasing sim cards in the US while on holiday last year. If it were that easy, I would not be asking!

Another question is, if I bought a new Z30 from a person on ebay as opposed to a dealer, will I still benefit from the manufacturers warranty if I do not have legit proof of purchase?

And Blackberry Protect, can this be used to transfer all my data over to the Z30?

Thanks,
    Gerry
    01-16-14 08:00 AM
    You won't have the warranty. BlackBerry does the warranty thing through the carrier unless directly purchased through them

Imo I think giving your carrier a call would likely yield more info. They likely could answer the questions you need answered because ultimately you need them to get hooked up especially if there are differences.

Posted via my Z30
    01-16-14 09:07 AM