There is a few members reporting this issue this morning

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2....
    gp656 likes this.
    07-27-15 08:57 AM
    Stupid question, but have you put your BB ID into the new phone. Don't see that mentioned anywhere.
    Yes I did.

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    07-27-15 09:59 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Unlocked an old phone yesterday afternoon (Z10), backed up my old phone (also a Z10), restored the data to the new Z10, and moved my existing SIM card to it. Mobile data works but no bbm icon in the top right and bbm says 'no blackberry data' when you try and open it.
    Will try to contact my service provider and see what they say. I've read that it might be that my account still has BIS which could be the issue? I've had the original Z10 since launch so not sure why it wouldn't work when the SIM is moved to a new phone. I used to have a BlackBerry OS7 phone before my first Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 11:14 AM
    If the security wipe (after the update even) didn't do it, then I not sure what you can do besides contacting BlackBerry.

Calling the carrier won't help because the SIM is working fine on the other device.

One very stupid question: Is the device unlocked? (Yeah, running out of ideas here)

Will try to contact my service provider and see what they say. I've read that it might be that my account still has BIS which could be the issue? I've had the original Z10 since launch so not sure why it wouldn't work when the SIM is moved to a new phone. I used to have a BlackBerry OS7 phone before my first Z10.
    BB10 devices work on any form of internet connection, BIS included (though they will get none of BIS' benefits while being limited to BIS not so fast top 3G speed). Otherwise, BIS should not be an issue.
    07-27-15 11:15 AM
    Yeah, it's definitely unlocked.

I contacted BlackBerry on twitter and they asked for my PIN.

Hopefully they'll help.

diegonei likes this.
    07-27-15 11:31 AM
    I had a similar issue over the weekend trying to configure a brand new unlocked VZW Z30 handset on my AT&T plan. I spent several hours with the AT&T advanced tech support and they couldn't resolve the issue. I could not change the APN settings (even after trying to do so through the engineering screens) as those were suppose to be configured by the AT&T tower. I had to resort to flashing the phone by installing a non-carrier customized OS from the Crackberry leaked OS forums and that finally got me connected with data services. Something in the VZW OS was preventing the data services from properly communicating with the AT&T servers and BIS despite being unlocked.
    07-27-15 12:21 PM
    BIS should have nothing to do with BB10. There must be an issue with BB servers somewhere.
    07-27-15 12:38 PM
    Just noticed I've got BlackBerry services, logo is now beside my cell signal

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:22 PM
    Just noticed I've got BlackBerry services, logo is now beside my cell signal

Posted via CB10
    Mine too!!

07-27-15 01:41 PM
    Sounds like it was a bb server issue.
    07-27-15 01:43 PM
    Yes, my BlackBerry icon at the top right is back and I was able to connect to bbm again. I agree, it seems like it was a BlackBerry server issue.
    Would have been nice to know so I didn't spent most of yesterday restoring the phone twice and pulling my hair out in the process!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-27-15 02:49 PM
    Yes, my BlackBerry icon at the top right is back and I was able to connect to bbm again. I agree, it seems like it was a BlackBerry server issue.
    Would have been nice to know so I didn't spent most of yesterday restoring the phone twice and pulling my hair out in the process!

Posted via CB10
    If only communicated these things.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-27-15 03:06 PM
    Same here....service must have been down....all good now....weird it only affected few uses.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:26 PM
    Does that Z30 have the bands to work with your providers data?
    07-28-15 11:48 AM
    I've also changed my service provider only 2 weeks ago and the BB symbol coming and going is intermittent. A quick airplane mode on/off toggle usually resolves the issue.

However, this issue has been happening for the past 2 weeks or so and it's not stable.
    07-28-15 03:03 PM
40 12