Great looking phone. I wish it was released a year ago (specs would be top-notch at that time).

Anyway, now, I'd get one for $350 off-contract.
    kevinnugent and szlevi like this.
    08-11-13 09:09 PM
    I wonder when this will be announced. Fall is approaching quick.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:39 PM
    This will be my next device no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:45 PM
    I wonder when this will be announced. Fall is approaching quick.

Posted via CB10
    In all likelihood it will be released just in time for the holidays, so late November early December.
    08-11-13 10:19 PM
    I hope you are right but do you know that for a fact because all the leaked info so far has it at 720? Do you have a source for that info?

Posted via Z10
    He made a guess based on android phones. 1 more row of icon doesn't mean anything. Shrink the icon size on the Z10, does it suddenly appear to have a 1080p screen?
    08-11-13 11:30 PM
    He made a guess based on android phones. 1 more row of icon doesn't mean anything. Shrink the icon size on the Z10, does it suddenly appear to have a 1080p screen?
    Actually it wasn't a guess he wrote :

"It IS 1080p, I bet, the five rows, 11 messages (other screenshots) clearly indicate it.

And no, it is absolutely NOT hard to tell in real life."

That seems like a pretty confident statement and not a guess to me.

Posted via Z10
    szlevi likes this.
    08-11-13 11:54 PM
    Icons are the same size in all BB10, even on the Q10. And no, you couldn't gain one row by shrinking them unnoticeably, you would have to downsize them very visibly for that.
    Also going from 7 messages to 11 messages per display should clearly tell you it's a higher resolution screen.

Lastly, Kris clearly spelled the beans in the other topic, he even posted a shot of the spect sheet he.has.

That being said all this can change in a heartbeat if some stupid beancounter wins some last-minute argument at a last-minute meeting at BB HQ, unfortunately.

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    08-12-13 11:30 AM
    - They are testing four variants of the phone, one of which includes quad core also. You got to understand quad core wont necessarily make any difference if the Dual core is able to run it just as well. If the Quad-core showcases considerable gains compared to Dual-Core (Battery, everyday usability etc) then BlackBerry will put Quad-Core, if it does not then they will go with Dual-Core. What matters is how the OS and hardware optimized is and with Z10 and Q10 they have proved that BB10 runs very well with a Dual-Core.
    I agree, this is by far the most sensible explanation I've seen so far - nevertheless it still won't help.in the stores unless it comes at a very.competitive price and with heavy in-store push but that would also mean an immediate marldown for Z10 to keep the pricing structure.

08-12-13 11:36 AM
    It looks very nice. Im going to stick to my z10. The Z10 is actually big for me and I know that I wouldn't get used to the uncomfy feeling of holding the Z30 especially at night when texting. Not trying to get smacked in the head. It would be like holding my PB. lol
    08-12-13 12:33 PM
    It IS 1080p, I bet, the five rows, 11 messages (other screenshots) clearly indicate it.
    And no, it is absolutely NOT hard to tell in real life.
    I've seen a version containing 5 rows that had a 720 screen. The leaked screenshots do NOT confirm 1080p. Sorry.
    08-12-13 01:12 PM
    English translation:

This is the device BlackBerry will release in the near future. (at 0:22) BlackBerry plans to release this phone as a high end phone compared to the Z10 in regard to both the chassis and the screen.
    You could right away notice this phone doesn't look at all like the Z10. The Z10 has to white area on the top and the bottom and a black screen in the middle, a bit resembling the iPhone 5 and or HTC One. (at 0:54) on the right hand side, there are volume key and special key for voice control. There are also two mics perhaps for video recording. On the bottom, there is a slot you can open by lifting up the lid (* he didn't say what this slot is for *) like the Z10, there is a power button on the top which is hard to reach up (* because it's a five inch phone *) next to it is a 3.5 mm jack for headphone. (at 1:20) on the left there is charging and hdmi ports. The back material and look are more like the Q10 than the Z10. There is an AT&T logo so it will probably be released in the US very soon before the international version. The camera is the same as the one on the Q10. (at 1:54) there is one speaker on top and two at the bottom. There are slot for sd card and SIM and non removable battery. (at 2:16) the front reads "super amole HD" I'm hoping that it's true for the final product because super amole will give us a deeper black (* better contrast ratio *) Battery is 2880 mAh that's all we know for now. The "BlackBerry X00" tells us that the name Z30 may not be final. This has super amole screen and is running dark theme remind us Nokia also employs dark theme on their super amole phone to conserve power. As far as the OS goes, there is no new function that I could see at the moment probably because it's running an older version of 10.2. The OS version on this phone doesn't run as smooth. It pauses a couple of times during game. The only game available on this device is the popular jet pack joy ride. My guess this phone will have the same screen resolution as the Z10. Since their OS is quite stable, I don't think they will change it for this phone. I wish it is full HD on a 5 inch screen because the smaller screen Z10 looks more scrisp than this phone.
    This phone is noticeably heavier than the Z10 due to the metal bezel. This metal bezel makes the Z30 looks classy and beautiful. Even the power button is metal. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to reach up to access the power button. However it's not a big problem because you can wake the phone by swiping up with your thumb. I also discovered pressing the power button three times will activate voice command function. Looks like this is the direction that BlackBerry will go by using voice commands to control the phone in the future. I'm very impressed with this phone.

can anyone translate this??????? Also the other one said Z00 and this one says X00. As well it gets the dark theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LWKING likes this.
    08-12-13 01:41 PM
    Icons are the same size in all BB10, even on the Q10. And no, you couldn't gain one row by shrinking them unnoticeably, you would have to downsize them very visibly for that.
    Also going from 7 messages to 11 messages per display should clearly tell you it's a higher resolution screen.

Lastly, Kris clearly spelled the beans in the other topic, he even posted a shot of the spect sheet he.has.

That being said all this can change in a heartbeat if some stupid beancounter wins some last-minute argument at a last-minute meeting at BB HQ, unfortunately.

Going from 7 to 11 messages still doesn't say anything. That is how it works on android when you get a phone that is higher resolution and your judgment is based on that clearly. You're assuming it will be the same, that BlackBerry is not designing for the physical size of the screen just like android. It is possible to shrink elements to fit more content on a larger screen despite not increasing the resolution. See ipad mini for example. It is low resolution but can display more content than higher resolution android tablets in apps. Understandably, they did not lower the icon size on the Q10 so that there are 4 rows because the text would be too small as they have to fit the text within the icon container.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:12 PM
    Going from 7 to 11 messages still doesn't say anything. That is how it works on android when you get a phone that is higher resolution and your judgment is based on that clearly. You're assuming it will be the same, that BlackBerry is not designing for the physical size of the screen just like android. It is possible to shrink elements to fit more content on a larger screen despite not increasing the resolution. See ipad mini for example. It is low resolution but can display more content than higher resolution android tablets in apps. Understandably, they did not lower the icon size on the Q10 so that there are 4 rows because the text would be too small as they have to fit the text within the icon container.

Posted via CB10
    This is the level of incoherence I cannot really deal with - I give up here.

08-12-13 04:20 PM
    I agree, this is by far the most sensible explanation I've seen so far - nevertheless it still won't help.in the stores unless it comes at a very.competitive price and with heavy in-store push but that would also mean an immediate marldown for Z10 to keep the pricing structure.

- I agree with your view point and as far as I have heard that will be the case. The problem I think BlackBerry is not doing/pushing enough to showcase the new OS (BB10) properly.
    08-12-13 05:38 PM
    This is the level of incoherence I cannot really deal with - I give up here.

You don't seem understand why resolution alone does not always dictate the amount of content because you ignore screen size.
    Last edited by StutterStep; 08-12-13 at 06:11 PM.
    08-12-13 05:56 PM
    You don't seem understand why resolution alone does not always dictate the amount of content because you ignore screen size.
    Seriously, you have zero idea what you're talking about.
    08-12-13 09:13 PM
    I've seen a version containing 5 rows that had a 720 screen.
    Unless you are one of the device testers no, you didn't. As a matter of fact nobody seen anything like that, stop making **** up.

The leaked screenshots do NOT confirm 1080p. Sorry.
    No, they do not - they just confirm 5 rows of icons and 11 messages etc, all with same icon sizes, which are clearly not possible at the same resolution so yes, it might be something other higher -than-720 resolution, not1080p but unless we expect BB to order custom-made non-standard displays (seomthing certainly not unheard of, a' la Q10) it's unlikely.
    08-12-13 09:19 PM
    You sir are the one who has no idea. See you after the launch
    08-12-13 10:31 PM
    Not saying I know what specs are coming but if the poster you are responding to has no idea what he is talking about then why have all the specs leaked to date been 720p? You seem to be the only one touting a 1080p screen.

Posted via Z10
    08-12-13 10:44 PM
    Not saying I know what specs are coming but if the poster you are responding to has no idea what he is talking about then why have all the specs leaked to date been 720p? You seem to be the only one touting a 1080p screen.

Posted via Z10
    Huh? What does it have to do with his nonsense about same resolution in diff screen size...?

FYI the only.leak we got was one BB guy posted a 5 rows/11 messages screenshot (points to 1080p) and Kris' confirmation of 1080p based on some spec sheet he got from someone. Everything else is rumor, based on hearsay or less.

You are getting fooled by the online echo.chamber effect - all the "news" are all comong from the same 2-3 rumors, nothing else.

08-13-13 01:42 AM
    You sir are the one who has no idea. See you after the launch
    Sure - you will tell us how a.bigger.screen size somehow makes the same resolution show.more content, huh?

08-13-13 01:44 AM
    So what do you think now? It's official.
    09-18-13 09:01 PM
    Z30 shows more content than Z10 despite being 720P after all?
    09-18-13 11:42 PM
    Video just disappeared before I could watch it. Damn

Z10_10.2.0.1xxx
    09-18-13 11:51 PM
124 ... 345