Does anyone know if I was to purchase a New Verizon Z30 without contract from Amazon (full price)....who is going to be responsible for the updates? Is it Blackberry, or is it Verizon.

I have heard conflicting information, that some people who purchased a Verizon Z30 through Amazon have received 10.3.1 direct from blackberry, but others haven't reported the same thing.

Most people seem to report the verizon z30 ships completely unlocked when purchased without contract, but the Amazon site says, "Phone is locked to the Verizon Wireless network and not factory unlocked."

Can anyone provide some guidance? Thanks!

P.S. - Its really a shame we can't get this device on ATT with full LTE support.
    04-02-15 05:37 PM
    if you buy the VZWphone from Amazon, i believe it will have to be used on the Version network as it is one of a few CDMA carriers. SO VZW is probably responsible for the updates. I say probably cause I have been a VZW customer for over 32 years and have had BB for over 9 years and never, ever, have I gotten an update from VZW. That's right. I am always leaps and bounds ahead of them. Don't worry about who's gonna send you the update. Get a phone and update it yourself.
    04-02-15 06:22 PM
    As Jaydee said, the phone is intended to be used on the Verizon network. While UNlocked (even when sold directly by Verizon) that is generally intended for use on GMS networks in Europe and elsewhere. I have read that it can be used in limited fashion on US carriers but probably not at fully capacity. I purchased privately a brand new phone at less than full price. I gather someone got it as an upgrade but did not want it.
    04-03-15 12:36 AM
    The Carrier.

Sexy White Z30
    04-03-15 10:44 AM
    The carrier but you can always install another carriers official or a leak.
    04-03-15 11:07 AM