Current Z10 specs with a Torch like slider would be just perfect. Better resolution and camera would be even better.
    04-24-13 12:14 PM
    Personally i think the z10 is the right size. If i want a larger screen i will pick up my playbook. No need for an in between. But that's just my opinion.
    I totally agree, but there are some people that aren't happy until their pockets are stuffed full of phone.

I am glad that BB is responding to the marketplace and offering an array of products.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-24-13 01:53 PM
    Perhaps they should concentrate on getting the Z10 right first and fix some of the bugs!
    I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Not like the software guys are the same people designing and building the phones.
    FlashFlare11, LWKING and bbfan1040 like this.
    04-24-13 01:54 PM
    Lmfao @ Sprint. They need to get it last.
    If Sprint skipped the Z10 to help bolster its iPhone 5 sales, why would it plan to offer something even more capable of disrupting iPhone sales?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:53 PM
    I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. Not like the software guys are the same people designing and building the phones.
    So why can't they walk and chew gum at the same time with BB10 phones and BB10 for the pb?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-24-13 03:43 PM
    If Sprint skipped the Z10 to help bolster its iPhone 5 sales, why would it plan to offer something even more capable of disrupting iPhone sales?

Posted via CB10
    The notion that Sprint passed on the Z10 to bolster iPhone sales is an assumption. Who's to say that they didn't pass on it knowing they were going to carry the next phone after the Q10?
    04-24-13 04:15 PM
    So why can't they walk and chew gum at the same time with BB10 phones and BB10 for the pb?
    The analogy doesn't fit in that case though, the software guys are going to be tied up with z10 and q10, devices that will actually keep the company alive and squeezing BB10 onto the PB is clearly going to be a lower priority.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-25-13 05:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    They probably expected to sell a lot of iPhones during this time. It is almost a full year.
    04-26-13 02:01 PM
    I totally agree, but there are some people that aren't happy until their pockets are stuffed full of phone.

I am glad that BB is responding to the marketplace and offering an array of products.
    I think you guys are missing the picture. They don't have to increase the size of the phone. They just have to remove the bezel to hit 4.65."
    mithrazor, rnhld and FlashFlare11 like this.
    04-26-13 02:03 PM
    I think you guys are missing the picture. They don't have to increase the size of the phone. They just have to remove the bezel to hit 4.65."
    But the bezel is absolutely integral to BlackBerry 10. After reading many Q10 reviews, the consensus seems to be that the swipe up gesture is more difficult because of the reduced bezel.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:16 PM
    Samsung has firmly established there is a big market for 5" screens. Blackberry will not want to miss out on this trend (it's missed a couple of boats in the past and look where it ended up!) Also there is a new Snapdragon 800 chip entering production in May. The fact that lots of people (myself included) think the Z10 is the perfect size (my 9900 spends a lot of time in my trouser pocket) doesn't mean there won't be a 5 inch Blackberry.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    04-27-13 08:08 AM
    The notion that Sprint passed on the Z10 to bolster iPhone sales is an assumption. Who's to say that they didn't pass on it knowing they were going to carry the next phone after the Q10?
    Sprint is a 2nd tier carrier and sells to family's and value or low budjet people mainly. it made dollars and cents for them to skip the z10 and pick up the rest.
    04-27-13 10:20 PM
    Apple will miss out on the Phablet money because they dont want to release a phone thats to big. BB is in a situation where they want to release a device to keep the tried and true BB fans happy and also attract new customers to their phones. I feel that the Note was a silly sized phone, though they released the Note 2 which has a "bigger" screen but is not so awkward as the first Note- I own the Note 2, its the right size for me, for me to switch back to BB i would need close to the same size phone, and better specs than what the Note 3 will have, and a way better App echosystem than BB has now. I've been waiting BB, you just gotta give me a phone that really Wows me...
    05-02-13 01:41 PM
    Apple will miss out on the Phablet money because they dont want to release a phone thats to big. BB is in a situation where they want to release a device to keep the tried and true BB fans happy and also attract new customers to their phones. I feel that the Note was a silly sized phone, though they released the Note 2 which has a "bigger" screen but is not so awkward as the first Note- I own the Note 2, its the right size for me, for me to switch back to BB i would need close to the same size phone, and better specs than what the Note 3 will have, and a way better App echosystem than BB has now. I've been waiting BB, you just gotta give me a phone that really Wows me...
    I think that, eventually (maybe even this year), BlackBerry will give you that phone. I, for one, am excited to see BlackBerry 10 running on hardware that is absolutely amazing. I love the Z10 and feel that it's the perfect size for me, but I want to see an HTC One/iPhone 5-style BlackBerry 10 phone with SIV-topping specs. That would be amazing (but maybe a bit impractical).

Also, just because Tim Cook said that he wouldn't release a bigger-sized iPhone doesn't mean the company won't do it. Apple has talked down ideas before but went back when it deemed that it was a viable option after all (like a smaller tablet). If Apple can find a way to resolve the issues it sees between creating a fantastic display and a larger screen , it will produce a bigger iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 05-02-13 at 03:57 PM.
    05-02-13 02:47 PM
    But the bezel is absolutely integral to BlackBerry 10. After reading many Q10 reviews, the consensus seems to be that the swipe up gesture is more difficult because of the reduced bezel.

Posted via CB10
    my n9 has been coping with screen-edge gestures just fine without bezel-touch, so BBOS10 can too, and needs to considering that bezels are universally considered ugly.
    05-04-13 11:15 AM
    You know what would be better?
    Bigger screen with LESS bezel!
    05-04-13 11:19 AM
    You know what would be better?
    Bigger screen with LESS bezel!
    Or even better?!
    Large screen with physical QWERTY!
    FrankIAm likes this.
    05-05-13 01:59 AM
    Nothing under 5,5" is a phablet.
    05-05-13 06:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    to keep the rest of BB users that haven't left yet...
    05-05-13 08:59 AM
    i've been asking this too...
    05-05-13 08:59 AM
    Or even better?!
    Large screen with physical QWERTY!
    QWERTY Phablet

Blackberry Faithful
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-05-13 10:43 AM
    Yeah I'm sure my friend would really appreciate loosing his job over a leak. All I can say is he works with a group that handles distribution of devices to devs.
    Don't you love it when people don't trust your source but love to throw their theories around like one of the 10 commandments. Don't care about what people say about your source just post. I had posted about a friend of mine who had told me that the BB10 was coming out on Feb 4 at the source and it turned out he was only a day off. I have a lot of friends who have worked at BB since I had gone to Uni at Waterloo and they tell me things but I don't post everything I hear.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-07-13 02:22 PM
    Don't you love it when people don't trust your source but love to throw their theories around like one of the 10 commandments. Don't care about what people say about your source just post. I had posted about a friend of mine who had told me that the BB10 was coming out on Feb 4 at the source and it turned out he was only a day off. I have a lot of friends who have worked at BB since I had gone to Uni at Waterloo and they tell me things but I don't post everything I hear.
    This post are worthless without you telling us.
    05-07-13 06:02 PM
    Let the size of the Z10 and make the screen larger 4,6 inch that would be perfect. Put an 2500 mah battery and Snapdragon S800 and i am in.

Posted via Zzzzzzzzzz10
    05-10-13 08:23 AM
    Let the size of the Z10 and make the screen larger 4,6 inch that would be perfect. Put an 2500 mah battery and Snapdragon S800 and i am in.

Posted via Zzzzzzzzzz10
    Big battery ... But you seriously wouldn't come if it didn't have the SnapDragon S800?? It currently already runs mote smoothly than any Galaxy device.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    05-10-13 08:33 AM
66 123