Aloha,

So I've been using the Transform case that came with my Z30. I've been pretty careful but since I had no screen protector (didn't come with the case - 2nd hand purchase) I managed to get minor scratches on screen. Not too noticeable.

Since I value my screen I decided to get a screen protector and to buy a Leather Pocket case. Both came last night and I fitted the screen protector (Celicious - not very good but will do for now) moved the phone from transform case to the pocket case.

This morning I drove to work all proud of my new case. Getting out of the car my bag opened and out flies the Z30, bouncing in slow motion as I internally shouted "nooooooo!!!!". What I was left with was a phone with a screen intact, perfect!! The case worked. Except the fall left two nice dings on the left and right exposed edges/corners.

These corners would have been protected by the transform case. But the screen possibly would have got damaged (stoney ground). But using the pocket case protected the screen but those exposed corners are now scraped up - in fairness it's not that bad. DOH!!!!

I might cut the transform case up and convert the top section to a sort of protective plug to protected those exposed corners. In my head it sounds great. Many things do but rarely are haha!

Cheers guys,
    JP

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 04:11 AM
    Sounds like you saved your phone from severe damage tho!
    Hope the scratches are not too bad after all!
    methodinsane likes this.
    04-17-15 05:35 AM
    Sounds like you saved your phone from severe damage tho!
    Hope the scratches are not too bad after all!
    Yea man, I'm actually delighted. The marks are OK, I'd much rather that than the screen. I'll probably attempt a scrape and polish of the plastic at some stage but to be honest having this case makes me feel safer - OK it's not an Otterbox or whatever but I didn't want one of those.

BTW I know the Leather pocket it turns the screen off when you put the Z30 into the case - but did you guys know that if you leave the Z30 face-up on top of the case it also knocks the screen off? I discovered this when I was playing with my phone and went to plug the cable in to use Blend as I got back to work. I left the phone down on to the case for a second and noticed the screen turned off. This is cool. I don't have to hit the power button then either. Shaaaweeett!

Cheers,
    JP
    04-17-15 09:01 AM