My wife's BlackBerry Z30 is getting old and the screen has some damage in some leds,but at least it survive the fall.

I checked out the Leap but it's lesser and is more expensive than the Z30 and she wanted I better device and not lesser. So she checker the NEXUS 5X 32 GB that is around € 400,00. She doesn't like Android and she also testes the Priv in the Store and it's not the same like BlackBerry 10 and she allready had used a Windows device before, but that was not a real succes.

So at the moment she keeps her BlackBerry Z30 and at the same time I see people moving from Z10 and Z30 on difference forum to an Android device because it has lesser security issues that Apple.

Why is BlackBerry not coming out with a good midpriced full touch screen device arround € 500,00 ,because there is a market and it's moving away.

My thinking at the moment and some other users , why not a BlackBerry Z35 .

YES, A blackBerry Z35 with the same look like the Z30 with the same chipset like the Passport the 801 and a 2,3 Ghz CPU , 2 GB ram and 13 MP and 3500 mAh battery, and also a LED Display. The Design is there and is low cost in design but you will get a great phone and the 35 is just a follow up phone and all accesories could be used again and also easier for companies.

I will buy two

Need a new full touchscreen device-z35.jpg
    djross95 likes this.
    01-29-16 03:27 PM
    You'd only need 9,999,998 more sales.
    01-29-16 03:53 PM
    Conite, tis a shame but your humour. Is fitting, said with a smile.

 Pr1ngle
    01-29-16 05:32 PM

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    01-29-16 05:34 PM
    There is very little chance of any new BB10 devices. I guess it could happen but not very likely.

Try finding a used Z30 for a good price.

Good luck.
    01-29-16 05:40 PM
    BlackBerry could have easily made a z30 successor with passport specs, but instead went with the leap. Why?
    Because they did not want to cannibalize the sales of the Priv. Most BlackBerry 10 users would not have bought a priv if there was a z30 successor, and BlackBerry needed those users to be the first adopters of the priv
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    01-29-16 06:17 PM
    BlackBerry should surprise everyone with a BB10 device... just the way they had released the 9720 after launching the Z10...

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2876 
    01-30-16 09:56 AM
    BlackBerry should surprise everyone with a BB10 device... just the way they had released the 9720 after launching the Z10...

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2876 
    They should but they won't. Times now are different than back then. So forget any earlier precedents because it's merely about survival for BlackBerry.

So many mistakes and so little marketing and exposure for bb10 it was doomed before it began.

If they have of done one commercial (Ala apple style) showing all the things you could do on bb10 that others couldn't and run it regularly it could have been a little different. You know. All those nagging things that iPhone users hate about their OS but didn't know other devices didn't have to worry about. Of course I'm talking about back in 2013. No amount of anything can save it now.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 11:58 AM
    I'd love to see another BB10 device, especially a Z30 successor. But I think it's time to face the facts. My Z30 is in immaculate condition and works fine for my daily use however, I'm itching for a new phone. I don't want to make the jump completely into the world of Android so I think BlackBerry's spin on Android with the Priv is the best option in replacing the Z30, while keeping some BlackBerry familiarity.

It really is a tragedy though, that BB10 within the next 24 to 36 months or sooner will be a thing of the past.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-30-16 12:51 PM
    I have no idea what to do after the Z30. I've tried the iPhone and it's ok but I tend to miss BB10's hub, multitasking and email system. The native iPhone email app doesn't support push with gmail, while BB10 just works flawlessly with emails.

I was thinking the Priv or another Google device with some Blackberry APK's installed like the keyboard and hub, but I don't really like or trust Google services. This is the definition of first world phone problems.
    TomatoPaste likes this.
    01-31-16 03:30 AM
    The Z30 is a great phone... but it's starting to show it's age. I'm still using it daily and like the others, wishing that BlackBerry would listen & make a Z30 successor. They're already using the curved screen design for the Priv so why not use the same design, improve the specs, tweak BB10 to use the curved portion of the screen & voila, a Z35, Z40, Z50... whatever. Think it's going to happen? Nah! BlackBerry can't seem to see an opportunity when it comes knocking on their door. If all the rumours are true about BB10 dying, then I'll have to have a farewell ceremony when my Z30 dies and go with... God forbid... Android! :-(

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 09:41 AM
    I think the next all touch screen phone by Blackberry will be Android based. But, if the Priv doesn't sell well, hardware is probably done.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.2.556, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    01-31-16 10:01 AM
    Priv is a great replacement for Z30. As BB10 slowly loses its functionality, the need for a better android solution becomes apparent. The Priv is more secure than other android phones if that matters. I liked my Z30 but time marches on.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 10:51 AM
    I agree Chuck. I have my trusty Z10 with extended battery that I absolutely love. My wife has the Q10. As I get older, my eyes don't work as well and so the Z10 is starting to be a challenge for me. I'm ready fir something larger. Love the idea a of a Z30, but it us getting on in years and BB10 at the consumer level seems all but dead.

Priv might be my next move. I'm on Verizon so I'm waiting to see what their version holds. I used an Android for the first time the other day and it was a hot mess.

Z10/Q10, 10.3.2.556, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    01-31-16 12:03 PM
    I think that will be the case, unfortunately.
    01-31-16 12:35 PM
    ...Why is BlackBerry not coming out with a good midpriced full touch screen device...
    They have; it just might not be what you were expecting. It's called The Priv and it runs Android. (You *must* know I'm being tongue-in-cheek.)

You might have heard too the CEO recently say that there aren't going for be any new BB10 OS devices this year. Maybe he was hinting that BB brand lovers brace themselves for a new reality.

Someone on these forums once said just glue Priv's slider shut and you'll have a full-screen device, no PKB. That too may have been t-i-c, but it may be one of the only choices left going forward with the brand.

As a Canadian, I'd really like to see the brand live. But they MUST adapt and live/strive, or don't and be swallowed up, dictated to, and perhaps suffer that death the world has been ascribing to them for so very (sickeningly!) bloody long.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 01:13 PM
    A question for the ages.... :-) I get that BB is focused on Android, but how hard could it be to make a 5" full touch device with Passport internals and get it on Verizon? Or just release it unlocked. I'd buy it in 2 seconds.
    01-31-16 04:09 PM
    The Z30 is a great phone... but it's starting to show it's age.
    Not to seem glib, but, how exactly, is the Z30 showing its age? It first appeared, when? 2.5 years ago? If that? Autumn 2013, I seem to recall... What other piece of kit, do we have, that after 2 or 3 years, do we reckon is "showing its age"? I mean, we don't replace kitchenware every two years, do we? Or televisions? Cars? Electric shavers? Even computers, we mostly keep around more than 2 or 3 years.
    Sorry. Just don't get the whole idea. I mean that sincerely.

Unless of course, one's phone is scuffed and beat up, or maybe just not working properly anymore..

Mine works flawlessly, & I have made no special efforts to make sure that it does so. And so, I will keep using it, until it falls apart, gets broken, or just doesn't work anymore.
    thedose and anon(5830442) like this.
    01-31-16 06:05 PM
    Not to seem glib, but, how exactly, is the Z30 showing its age?
    Even forgetting other platforms, if you pick up and use a Passport for a bit you will understand. Not saying the Z30 is not still a nice device, but I'm just answering your question.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-31-16 06:08 PM
    Thanks Conite. Always a pleasure to read what you have to say. In fact I do have several other devices, including 3 Androids, & an iPhone, all of which are newer than the Z30, and none of which I like as much. When all is said & done, as with other things in life, there's always a certain, what's the word? A quidditas, that can't be explained by information alone. The Z30 has something about it that just works for me, in a way that no other phone I've tried, does. It's just that the sum is somehow adding up to something greater than the parts.

But even that is going too far, because really I was more just, commenting on the fact of how neophilia & consumerism make for an unholy kind of "speedball" drug-like fix, when it comes to smartphones.

As for the Passport, I've only played around with one, enough to know that yes, I like it, but it's "not really my type" as we used to say.
    01-31-16 07:38 PM
    Never understood why people on this forum think there will be no new BB10 devices.. when in 2015 Blackberry released 3 new phones.
    02-01-16 01:19 AM
    Even forgetting other platforms, if you pick up and use a Passport for a bit you will understand. Not saying the Z30 is not still a nice device, but I'm just answering your question.
    Exactly.

Although when comparing the screens of the Passport and Z30, the Z30 really shows how beautiful Super AMOLED screens are. I really wish the Passport Silver Edition came with a Super AMOLED screen. I'd buy it instantly.
    02-01-16 01:27 AM
    I just order two blackBerry Z30 in Germany for € 580,00 total. brand new models.

One for the wife and one for my brother who is still using the Z10.

I keep my Passport and waiting for a big price drop with the Passport to buy a spare one
    Last edited by whatsever; 02-01-16 at 02:34 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-16 02:20 PM