I thought I followed the instructions to the letter, but still have two issues that need resolving. Here is what I did.

I did an Android export from the native BB10 WhatsApp. That file is stored on the SD card under Media Card/WhatsApp/Databases and the file name is msgstore.db.crpt8.

I then deleted the BB10 version, downloaded the Android apk from the WhatsApp website, and installed it. I then downloaded WhatsFixer from BB World and installed it.

I then used Device Monitor to close WhatsApp and ran WhatsFixer. Unfortunately, it never finishes and just leaves me with the gray "Done" button.

So, I closed WhatsFixer in Device Monitor and opened WhatsApp. It asked for my phone number and sent the verification SMS, but it never asks if I want to do a restore. According to the instructions, it should do this automatically.

So, my first concern is how to get the export to restore and then secondly, how to get WhatsFixer to run so I can send media files from the Android version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS version 3.3.3.3057
    valer466 likes this.
    12-31-17 03:22 PM
    For what it's worth: I have been stressing all day trying to restore my chats since Whatsapp discontinued access to their servers early in the day. I was able to restore a group chat using the export to Android, but individual conversations were lost. GREAT NEWS! Once someone sent me a message, all their previous conversations were restored. So now I have my previous Whatsapp chats on my KEYone.
    12-31-17 05:14 PM
    Did the Android version ask you if you wanted to restore? Mine didn't and when I received a message for an individual, the old conversation was NOT there.
    01-01-18 12:23 PM
    Finally figured it out. Here is the exact procedure. 1) Create the Android export from the BB10 version. It will go into the directory Media Card/Whatsapp/Databases. It will also create a folder Media Card/Whatsapp/Media. 2) Take the entire Whatsapp folder and copy or move it to Device/misc/android/. 3) Uninstall Whatsapp BB version. 4) Install Whatsapp Android version BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. 5) Run WhatsFixer. 6) Open and register Whatsapp Android version.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-02-18 10:52 PM
    I have an update to the procedure if you happen to have a lot of media files in the export. In that case, do not move the folders until after you have run WhatsFixer. So, it would be: 1) Create the Android export from the BB10 version. It will go into the directory Media Card/Whatsapp/Databases. It will also create a folder Media Card/Whatsapp/Media. 2) Uninstall Whatsapp BB version. 3) Install Whatsapp Android version BUT DO NOT OPEN IT. 4) Run WhatsFixer. 5) Take the entire Whatsapp folder and copy or move it to Device/misc/android/. 6) Open and register Whatsapp Android version.
    01-03-18 01:16 PM