In trying to figure out how to get my Z30 to accept payment methods that I've always used with no problem, and now are giving me error messages, I was led to this thread here on Crackberry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rchase-976359/

Which led me to Blackberry Support Forums: Re: Cannot make Blackberry World Payments - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I found on that forum that this is an internal BB issue and that the only way the OP was able to get the problem solved without doing a $50 support ticket was through the Twitter group, @BlackBerryHelp.

I tweeted my situation there. Their first response was asking what the error message said.
    The second message asked for my PIN #.

My question: Is this a legitimate BB site and can I safely give them my PIN #?
    03-30-15 10:54 AM
    Well its a verified account and its being followed by the official BlackBerry and BBM accounts so I would say that it is legit.Need help fast! Do I give @BlackBerryHelp my pin # to resolve issue?-untitled.jpg
    03-30-15 02:38 PM
    Sure give them your pin# but, if you are using that number for a password change immediately

RPR1NGLE
    03-30-15 03:14 PM
    I'm just curious. Anything posted there, including PIN# will be seen by anyone else following that account? If so, wouldn't that subject that PIN# to unwanted contacts, etc?

Or is it only a one-way conversation that only BB sees so the PIN stays private?
    03-30-15 03:38 PM
    I'm just curious. Anything posted there, including PIN# will be seen by anyone else following that account? If so, wouldn't that subject that PIN# to unwanted contacts, etc?

Or is it only a one-way conversation that only BB sees so the PIN stays private?
    I've dealt with them in the past. They always request that you follow them and in return they'll follow you. Doing so allows the two of you to direct message each other which keeps everything between only the two parties.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-15 04:15 PM
    They usually communicate with you on Twitter via a Direct Message, not a public post. So it's equivalent to a private message between you and the other party. I've used it with them several times and it works. And yes, they usually ask for that info.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-15 04:19 PM
    I've dealt with them in the past. They always request that you follow them and in return they'll follow you. Doing so allows the two of you to direct message each other which keeps everything between only the two parties.
    They usually communicate with you on Twitter via a Direct Message, not a public post. So it's equivalent to a private message between you and the other party. I've used it with them several times and it works. And yes, they usually ask for that info.
    This is correct ^^^^^
    I've done this a couple times and works ok if you can't get help through other channels such as CB
    03-30-15 10:11 PM
    Thanks everyone. Yes, this is a direct conversation between them and me.
    03-31-15 08:46 AM
    So did they tell you to reset, and if no success, ultimately contact your carrier already? BlackBerry consumer support is a joke. Consists of passing the buck.
    03-31-15 09:02 AM
    So did they tell you to reset, and if no success, ultimately contact your carrier already? BlackBerry consumer support is a joke. Consists of passing the buck.
    I just sent the my PIN, so I haven't heard from them yet. The whole reason I was going through the twitter group is because in researching Crackberry, getting help from BB, that it would cost $50 to start a support ticket. From what I read the twitter group was more helpful. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    03-31-15 09:08 AM
    BlackBerry on twitter is useless.
    Call your carrier
    03-31-15 09:50 AM
    BlackBerry on twitter is useless.
    Call your carrier
    Providing the issue is something that the carrier supports. Purchasing from App World is not so they will most likely tell you to wipe, try again, if that fails contact BlackBerry directly.
    03-31-15 11:03 AM
    Wow! This is getting ridiculous. As mad_mdx predicted, Blackberry help on Twitter was useless. After taking three days to get information from me, they tell me to go back to my carrier. I wonder why they didn't just tell me that in the first place. I know from reading other posts here and in BB support forums that they have handled this exact situation before. It's just unbelievable to me that a phone can't recognize and accept payments form sources that worked just fine on my previous Z30. Like I have time for all of this.
    04-01-15 09:59 AM