Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    My z30 has not been recognized by my laptop. I mean I can use blackberry desktop (blend) to transfer my photos to my laptop but can't do it directly through usb connection anymore. By the way, I can charge my mobile through usb which means usb is alright. When I connect my blackberry's usb, and select USB drive , all I can see is -- Removable disk (G which I can't even open, neither there comes any folders. (And it says in it's properties-- capacity 0 bytes, and used and free space 0 bytes.) It was working perfectly until last month, but now it's not. Could you guys please help me with this.
    Thanks in advance.
    06-16-16 06:03 PM
    Did you change your settings? Storage and Access and turn off use as storage drive? Is your blackberry manager not on on your laptop? When you plug in the device does the little pop up window come up saying loading drivers and ready for use?
    06-16-16 06:29 PM
    My z30 has not been recognized by my laptop. I mean I can use blackberry desktop (blend) to transfer my photos to my laptop but can't do it directly through usb connection anymore. By the way, I can charge my mobile through usb which means usb is alright. When I connect my blackberry's usb, and select USB drive , all I can see is -- Removable disk (G which I can't even open, neither there comes any folders. (And it says in it's properties-- capacity 0 bytes, and used and free space 0 bytes.) It was working perfectly until last month, but now it's not. Could you guys please help me with this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Try another USB data cable and a different port on the computer.
    If you are using a USB hub, try connecting the Z30 directly to the computer.

The data portion of a USB cable is separate from the charge portion, so it is possible for a cable to go bad but still work for charging.
    Unfortunately, the same can be said for the USB port on the Z30.
    06-16-16 06:31 PM
    Try reinstalling the driver.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    06-16-16 06:37 PM
    If works through Blend (or Link), just use it. I use Link for transferring music and pictures without any issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 10:54 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I tried using another usb cable, but problem remains the same.
    06-18-16 09:50 AM
    @joeragan, I am newbie with this. So, could you tell me the proper way to install right driver. Thanks.
    06-18-16 09:53 AM
    @joeragan, I am newbie with this. So, could you tell me the proper way to install right driver. Thanks.
    The easiest way is to completely uninstall BB10 Desktop Software which includes Blend, Link, and Drivers.

If you are using Windows 10 computer, you can do right-click on the Start menu, then select Programs and Features, then select BB10 Desktop software, and then click Uninstall. Once the process is completed, reboot your computer.

To check that BB driver has been successfully removed, plug your Z30 in to the computer using the USB cable. You should see a pop-up screen on your Z30 asking what to do with the USB connection. Just click 'Ignore' do not select 'Install Drivers'.

Run the BB10 Desktop Software installer. Uncheck the selection box for Blend and Link so these will not get installed but the Drivers only. Complete the installation process. After this, when you plug the Z30 in to your computer you will see in the Windows File Explorer the two Blackberry storage drives; one should be marked as [Flash] which is the internal storage and the other should be marked as [SD] which is the SD card. You should be able to browse these drives as usual.

You can then run the BB10 Desktop software installer again to install the Blend and Link.
    06-18-16 12:28 PM
    @kbalaz, I haven't changed any setting. When I plug in the device, the little pop up window does not come up now a days.
    06-18-16 04:22 PM
    @joeragan, thanks for your reply. I did everything, I reinstall it. But when I plug the Z30 , all i can see is Removable Disk (G) which I can't even open. And the little pop up window with options to view folders that would normally come, doesn't come. ( But it shows up with other usb stick). Thanks
    06-18-16 05:54 PM
    @joeragan, thanks for your reply. I did everything, I reinstall it. But when I plug the Z30 , all i can see is Removable Disk (G) which I can't even open. And the little pop up window with options to view folders that would normally come, doesn't come. ( But it shows up with other usb stick). Thanks
    So you said there is only one drive letter (G). Do you have an SD card on your Z30?
    06-18-16 06:05 PM
    There isn't any SD card right now, I already removed it.
    06-18-16 06:06 PM
    I see.

Can you turn on the Flight Mode and then check?
    06-18-16 06:17 PM
    sorry, still not working.
    06-18-16 06:24 PM
    sorry, still not working.
    I ran out of idea. It probably that drive letter G is now owned by another process in Windows in your computer. Perhaps you can try to plug your phone to another computer, install the BB10 driver there and see if it works.
    06-18-16 06:45 PM
    I already tried changing the drive letter G through disk management, but again problem remains the same. Anyways, thanks a lot for your suggestions.
    06-18-16 06:54 PM
    Then you do not happen to have the Z30 in USB Mass Storage Mode, correct?
    Settings / Storage and Access / Access using USB / USB Mass Storage Mode.... Make sure that is off.
    06-18-16 07:32 PM
    that's off.
    06-19-16 08:44 AM
    that's off.
    turn it on and try. Have you also tried another cable?
    06-19-16 10:29 AM
    turn it on and try.
    Actually, if you do not have a SD card in the BlackBerry device and turn on USB Mass Storage Mode, you get the symptoms the OP is having, as in you will get a Removable Disk letter in your computer file explorer, but you can't open it... because there is no SD.
    USB Mass Storage Mode is only for devices with a SD card.
    06-19-16 03:10 PM
    that's off.
    OK, do this on the computer, disconnect the Z30, power off the computer, and then turn it back on.

On your Z30, make double sure the USB Mass Storage Mode is off and perform a Soft Reset.
    A Soft Reset is like a Hard Reset aka Battery Pull on removable battery BlackBerry devices.
    To perform a Soft Reset on a Z30:
    1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Down buttons at the same time, you will know if you did this correctly as you will get a screen shot notification pop up. Continue to hold the buttons down.
    2. You will get a screen shot notice, the screen will shut off, the word BlackBerry will appear on the screen, and the device loading animation will starter. This takes a bit over 15 seconds normally.
    3. Release the buttons and the device will boot up.

What this does is it deletes the caches, shuts down all background apps and services, clears running memory, and restarts the device. It does not delete any files, settings, apps, or contacts and will generally fix any buggy services and corrupted caches. It is different from a restart as a restart doesn't delete caches or shut down all background services.
    NOTE: It is normal for the device to be sluggish and glitchy for up to five minutes after it has booted up from a Soft/Hard Reset, as the system is working hard rebuilding caches and restarting background apps and services, so it is best to just let it sit for five minute before continuing to trouble shoot.

See if the Z30 now will activate the BlackBerry Device Manger drivers when you connect it to the computer, the little icon in the system tray that looks like a BlackBerry device in front of a desktop computer.
    When you see that icon appear, and you should also get message popups from it, right click in the icon:
    1. Choose Properties.
    2. On Options tab, check the box for "Mount tablet volumes on connect"
    3. On the Connected Devices tab, check to see that your Z30 is listed, it should have the Name you gave the phone and it's PIN. Click the " + " signs to open the tree up to Volumes.
    4. You should see the drive letter mapped to your computer.

If you are still not getting a correct mapping of your Z30 to the computer, then there is something very wrong.
    If you can connect via Blend, but not via USB, then either the cable itself is bad on the data lines or the Z30 has a damaged USB port.
    Just to clarify, via Blend you are using the Wireless option, correct? Meaning you aren't using the USB cable while connected via Blend.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 06-19-16 at 03:38 PM.
    06-19-16 03:20 PM
    if none of the things mentioned are working, and you have tried another cable (line that transfers data is damaged) and it still doen't work. you may have a damaged port on your phone as @DaFoxGrey mentioned
    06-20-16 09:08 AM
    Thanx a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt . It's working.
    06-20-16 04:50 PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I did pretty much of everything as per your suggestions, including re installation of drivers, changing the drive letter through disk management and finally soft reset of my phone . Now it's working. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    06-20-16 05:05 PM