I have to say the more I'm using the z30 the more I'm getting impress with it.

Currently own tom tom Sat nav with live yearly subscription which my wife had to use.

Also, Previously used garmin, tom tom on iPhone and Android and navfree.

So, this is the first time I used BlackBerry maps navigation driving from London Surbiton to London.

And I have to say ( my personal experience an opinion) This is probably the best sat nav i've used with a few minor update needed

Reason are:
    1. Provide me with live traffic
    2. Direction was accurate with plenty of notice to change lanes and junctions.
    3. Interface was very good
    4. Time of arrival, miles left ( the usual)
    5. The voice guidance was good
    6. Provided me with short cut which none of the Sat nav provided ( not even my tom tom live)

Recommended update:

1. Add uk and Europe speed cameras
    2. Display current speed
    3. Display lane to take

I simply cannot understand how all the reviews online are so against the BlackBerry z30. Really why are the reviews so biased and why every review I read rate the iPhone as the best phone to have.

Myself I think this is the best phone I've ever used and I regret not having a BlackBerry sooner.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    01-19-14 11:34 AM
    It is kind of funny that you talk about BB maps. Several days ago, some hater posted how absolutely terrible BB maps were, so yesterday I decided to use it, and it worked perfect right along side my Garmin. The really nice part was the screen did not go to sleep the entire 1.5 hour trip. Yes, there will always be room for improvements, but I am happy with it.
    01-19-14 11:48 AM
    I used it yesterday for the first time (after a long time i.e. when I first got the z10 last year April) and it was fantastic. It was so good that I deleted the side loaded Google Maps off my z10. I'm really impressed with it. Not sure if it's just been improved since I last used it or its the 10.2.1 I'm on but it works extremely well and is really accurate. Also thought the directions were in 2D but to my surprise they were in 3D. The voice directions were better than Google maps and so much clearer and life like. First tried Google maps heading to the gym.. then used the BlackBerry maps heading back home... Google maps deleted. I live in London, UK.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    01-19-14 11:50 AM
    It is kind of funny that you talk about BB maps. Several days ago, some hater posted how absolutely terrible BB maps were, so yesterday I decided to use it, and it worked perfect right along side my Garmin. The really nice part was the screen did not go to sleep the entire 1.5 hour trip. Yes, there will always be room for improvements, but I am happy with it.
    I think this is the problem there are a lot of users that have never used BlackBerry before and just criticised it on the basics of : read reviews on Internet ( that are all bias and probably paid by Apple lol) and hear say..

I'm sad to say that I used to be one of them too that never used a BlackBerry but was critical of it cause I was using an iPhone.

It's not until last month that I realised how wrong I was .

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:06 PM
    Some very good observations OP. I like what you have said in your posts!

Let's hope others have an open mind like yours.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-19-14 12:57 PM
    My only complaint is it doesn't give you walking directions, or I don't know how to get it to give me walking directions :-)

I really need that feature for walking around Washington DC, but otherwise I agree the GPS is pretty good.

Besides walking directions, the only other request I would have is to be able to cache the map details to my SD card ahead of time (over Wi-Fi) so I don't have to waste mobile data plan MBs to update it on the fly.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-19-14 02:06 PM