I've installed the leaked OS 2072 + radio 2073 'Blitz' non-destructive update that many have installed from here. I have used the phone plenty after, but left it sitting for a few day and now, it won't turn on.

At first, I thought it was that the battery was dead, but I left it charging overnight and nothing.

Whenever you plug it in, the light turns GREEN and goes away after a minute or so. While it's plugged, if you press power, that light turns green again and never turns off until you unplug it.

I have tried pressing power for 10 seconds, volume up and down, removing SIM and SD card, plugging into my PC (nothing new recognized in Device Manager and no device connected beeps). That means BlackBerry Link doesn't see it and neither will an autoloader.

Any ideas?
    02-17-15 06:25 AM
    I've installed the leaked OS 2072 + radio 2073 'Blitz' non-destructive update that many have installed from here. I have used the phone plenty after, but left it sitting for a few day and now, it won't turn on.

At first, I thought it was that the battery was dead, but I left it charging overnight and nothing.

Whenever you plug it in, the light turns GREEN and goes away after a minute or so. While it's plugged, if you press power, that light turns green again and never turns off until you unplug it.

I have tried pressing power for 10 seconds, volume up and down, removing SIM and SD card, plugging into my PC (nothing new recognized in Device Manager and no device connected beeps). That means BlackBerry Link doesn't see it and neither will an autoloader.

Any ideas?
    connect it to your pc open bblink click reload ,you will loose your data but it will install the official version
    02-17-15 06:52 AM
    connect it to your pc open bblink click reload ,you will loose your data but it will install the official version
    Already tried that. It says to press the power button for 10 seconds until the phone turns off. The phone IS off. I still press that button for 10 seconds, which all it does is turn the green LED on (as soon as you press it). I've tried different USB cables and different USB ports, all with the same result.
    02-17-15 06:59 AM
    Already tried that. It says to press the power button for 10 seconds until the phone turns off. The phone IS off. I still press that button for 10 seconds, which all it does is turn the green LED on (as soon as you press it). I've tried different USB cables and different USB ports, all with the same result.
    take it apart remove battery connect usb cable put the battery back then reload os or try volume up and down in the same time before you take it apart
    02-17-15 07:12 AM
    take it apart remove battery connect usb cable put the battery back then reload os or try volume up and down in the same time before you take it apart
    It's a Z30. What exactly do you mean by "remove the battery"?

My Z30 won't turn on-wp_20150217_001.jpg
    02-17-15 07:32 AM
    It's a Z30. What exactly do you mean by "remove the battery"?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150217_001.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	374.2 KB 
ID:	334147
    if up down volume don't work taking it apart its your last resort,search youtube for instructions
    try 10.3.1.2267 autoloader it might restart your phone
    Last edited by rbtg; 02-17-15 at 07:58 AM.
    02-17-15 07:37 AM
    and if you are coming from 10.2 to 10.3 use autoloaders data wipe and don't restore
    and also make sure you have the updated bb 10 software
    02-17-15 07:50 AM
    Just to add. Do a sic multi wipe (link found here on CB) first to erase all traces corrupted OS, then go ahead and do an autoload of 10.3.1.2267 (download from mega, also found here on CB.. link)

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-15 10:49 AM
    I had my phone do the same thing during an update like you did.

Don't take the phone apart yet, do what the person said and download SIC Multiwipe and then download and install the 10.3.1.2267 auto loader.

Don't try to restore anything from BlackBerry Link.

It will be like having a brand new phone.

Edit: TrueKulcha is who I meant. His process is right and I'm just verifying that it worked for me.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    TrueKulcha and FF22 like this.
    02-17-15 11:23 AM
    I'm very thankful for your help, but I may not have explained this well enough. All of your suggestions require that the PC detects the phone connected somehow. Other than the green LED, there is no sign of life. When I connect the phone to the PC, nothing new is detected, no beeps, no new devices in Device Manager.

I just tried SIC Multiwipe and it gets to the same exact "Connecting to Bootrom" prompt as an autoloader and doesn't continue, since it's expecting to "see" the phone. It doesn't. Even if I press and hold the power button, nothing sends a signal to my PC, so the operation stays there until I stop it.

=\

My Z30 won't turn on-sic.jpg
    02-17-15 06:54 PM
    Have you tried toggling the power button on and off several times?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 07:53 PM
    Have you tried toggling the power button on and off several times?
    Oh yes. It just turns the green LED on. PC still doesn't detect the phone, "Connecting to Bootrom" label still there.

I don't know what else to do. The phone seems to be bricked. What's strange is that whenever I search, I see tons of posts of people claiming their LED is red when the phone is dead. In my case, it's green.
    02-17-15 08:31 PM
    I'm very thankful for your help, but I may not have explained this well enough. All of your suggestions require that the PC detects the phone connected somehow. Other than the green LED, there is no sign of life. When I connect the phone to the PC, nothing new is detected, no beeps, no new devices in Device Manager.

I just tried SIC Multiwipe and it gets to the same exact "Connecting to Bootrom" prompt as an autoloader and doesn't continue, since it's expecting to "see" the phone. It doesn't. Even if I press and hold the power button, nothing sends a signal to my PC, so the operation stays there until I stop it.

=\

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SIC.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	334259
    The PC probably won't recognize that you have the phone plugged in.

Run the SIC Multiwipe anyway. The program will check for the phone.

02-17-15 09:25 PM
    The PC probably won't recognize that you have the phone plugged in.

Run the SIC Multiwipe anyway. The program will check for the phone.
    What do you mean? The post you replied to and quoted shows a screenshot of the SIC Multiwipe running and getting stock at the "Connecting to Bootrom" prompt because it doesn't detect the phone.
    02-17-15 09:59 PM
    What do you mean? The post you replied to and quoted shows a screenshot of the SIC Multiwipe running and getting stock at the "Connecting to Bootrom" prompt because it doesn't detect the phone.
    I'm sorry dude, I know this has got to be frustrating as hell. I did have a non destructive update that "bricked" my phone but I was able to rescue it with the SIC.

I have a few other things for you to try and they may seem obvious or futile or stupid but these things have happened to me.

One time I couldn't get an auto loader to connect to the bootrom. I solved it by restarting the computer and then shutting off all the PC's firewalls and virus programs. When I did that and plugged it in it said searching windows for software. And it connected.

Another time I was going crazy for hours not getting a connection and it was a flaky cable. It worked fine for charging but it wasn't working for data. So maybe try a different cable.

Assuming the phone was good and it just has corrupted software from a non destructive update, this should be fixable. I wish you luck man.

TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-17-15 11:54 PM
    at this point you have no other choice to cut off the power but to disconnect your battery ,search on youtube a video that shows that maybe you don't have to remove the battery completely , maybe just a connector you'll figure when you get there
    02-17-15 11:59 PM
    Try stack charging it. Use a power strip with an on and off button. Plug the phone in and turn the switch on for 2 minutes and then off for two minutes. Rinse and repeat several times then leave it on and let it charge for an hour or more. Don't know that it will help but worth a shot.
    02-18-15 12:05 AM
    I had already tried two USB ports and two cables, but tried a third port and a third cable. Firewall off. Antivirus off. Laptop rebooted. Nothing.

I had no idea what stack charging was until kbz1960 mentioned it here, so I looked it up and it seems to apply primarily (if not only) to the Playbook and usually when the Playbook won't charge and has a flashing red LED. As I've mentioned, mine seems fully charged, as it has a solid green LED. I still went ahead and tried it. Nothing.

I then thought warranty replacement. I bought this phone in October from someone on Craigslist who had just purchased it from Verizon a month before. So I called Verizon and they told me that they can't help because I don't have an account with them (I also don't have a way to contact this person, since we never emailed and I never saved his phone number). Next, I called BlackBerry and they told me Verizon bought the device and the warranty and only they can help. That's not nice. In the past, whenever I had an issue with a Nokia, I'd call Nokia directly and have the device replaced (happened 3 times throughout the years), even if I bought the phone from AT&T. Whatever.

Last resort........ I disassembled the phone and did a battery pull, meaning I unplugged the cable that connects the battery to the motherboard and the rest of the device, plugged it back in and reassembled the phone. Nothing! Same green LED!

Is my phone really, fully, unequivocally bricked? I find that hard to believe when it was working, I turned it off last time and it sat there for about 4-5 days before I picked it up again to discover it wasn't turning on. A phone simply can't brick itself just sitting on a shelf, unplugged.

Help please! I don't want a $300 paper weight.
    02-18-15 06:55 AM
    Not sure about the green light thing but stack charging has revived Z30's that the battery ran down to dead on. Don't use a computer to charge use the wall socket and the original charger.
    02-18-15 07:36 AM
    After a little searching people who had a flashing green led had to get a replacement, hardware issue but yours isn't flashing. Can you contact the the person you bought it from to see if they will get the warranty replacement started?
    02-18-15 07:42 AM
    Have you tried to connect your phone to your tv through hdmi cable? I'm asking, because I had a problem similar to yours (my battery died and it caused to die my screen as well) . And I had to change my Z30 screen. If you connect your phone to your tv through hdmi and it works then it means that your screen is dead.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-18-15 08:02 AM
    Have you tried to connect your phone to your tv through hdmi cable? I'm asking, because I had a problem similar to yours (my battery died and it caused to die my screen as well) . And I had to change my Z30 screen. If you connect your phone to your tv through hdmi and it works then it means that your screen is dead.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same thing. So I reinstalled the OS, it worked, doesn't seem like it did with his, I still had no screen but link told me I had to finish setup when connected. New screen and I was good. His sounds different.
    02-18-15 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Link would detect it if it was just the screen.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-18-15 08:23 AM
    I've fixed Q5 camera problem that is a common issue with the battery disconnect thing but this phone seems to be very stubborn. Was it ever dropped? I know it was working fine until putting down for a few days but options are running low now. Verizon phones have the wireless charging I think ..have you tried that? Maybe your usb charging port on phone is where the issue is.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 08:27 AM
    I have dropped mine more times than I care to say, cracked one screen, replaced it. Put a gel skin on that covers all edges, my pouch didn't. Have dropped it a few more times and not an issue with it so far. *knocks on wood*
    02-18-15 08:36 AM
35 12