One hell of beast phone!

Friend pushed me into pool while I had z30 in my hand.
    Z30 was about in the water about 3 secs.
    Took out z30 as soon as possible. But blacked out..
    Try to take off battery 3 screws won't come off for some reason and phone started to restart it self and speaker making loud noises.
    I buried my z30 in to rice and went to sleep.
    Woke up try to turn it on, won't turn it on.
    Went to cellphone repair. They cleaned motherboard with some kind of alcohol and toothbrush. Then everything seemed ok. Try to charge but it was just getting hot and not charging. Changed to new battery wooollalalla
    Everything is back.
    No data lost.
    Only speakers need to be changed.

Z30 is Beast!!!!

Z30 STA-5.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-20-15 09:12 PM
    Nice story. Hope you get it back in complete working order.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    04-20-15 09:50 PM
    So......you basically are cleaning and swapping out components of the phone?

-Trip to repair shop $50 to $100
    -Battery $30 to $80
    -Speakers I'll SWAG this, $50 to $80

At this rate you could have bought yourself a brand new Z30 off CB.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    darkshin0b11 likes this.
    04-21-15 08:03 AM
    Reminds me when a friend and I were at the beach and decided to jump in the ocean. Had my old Verizon Z30 in my pocket. Was mad as hell when I realized it. My friend said screw the rice it takes too long put a hairdryer to it. I laughed and figured the phone was shot anyway so put my mom's hairdryer on low heat to the phone front/back/sides for about a half hour and bam hit the power button and on.

This was over a year ago and when I switched to AT&T for the Passport my sister "upgraded" to my Z30 from her old iPhone and the thing is still going strong. My sister loves it. If she only knew the abuse lol. Looks new though!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:42 PM
    I'm not paying anything. My friend did. I think it cost him 1000 pesos. Like $70.

Speaker costs 150 pesos. Like 12$ cad.

Everything is fine. Just waiting speaker to arrive at the shop.

The thing is screen replacement costs 3000 pesos which is 250$ CAD hahHa

Z30 STA-5.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-21-15 10:33 PM
    My z10 died without reason.

Z30 is hell of beast!

I complained about how fragile z30 is after first drop and cracked screen but now I take that back!

Z30 STA-5.
    04-21-15 10:35 PM
    Oh Yea remember I haven't lost any data in my phone! I don't use SD card. I should buy one.

I had so much stuff that is worth more than buying 3 z30 phones.

Z30 STA-5.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-21-15 10:36 PM
    I dropped my playbook in the bath (my ultra short lived experiment with reading a book on the playbook in the bath). It was immersed for maybe a second or so.

Zero adverse effects, nothing, no rice, no hair drier, simply didn't miss a beat.

Respect.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-22-15 10:01 AM
    So... At this rate you could have bought yourself a brand new Z30 off CB.
    Carmelo, you should know that recovering his data would be priceless compared with replacing the actual phone hardware.

I'm glad to read Ryu's happy ending and his followup post confirms the cost wasn't as much as you had estimated. That's a good thing.

While we're on the topic of phones and water, does anyone remember the Sony tv commercial for their first "waterproof" phone? It showed some young adults cavorting in what appeared to be a river or stream or small pond, when one of them dove under the water to take a video under water. It was a super-fun scene they painted. There was some barely legible fine print that zipped by too fast to read. I put my pvr on slomo and it said " maximum depth 1 meter, fresh water only, not sea water and not swimming pool water."

I was stunned that they had such a major limitation which was unnoticeable by over 90% of viewers. And it's perfectly legal. Oh well. Buyer beware. Best to stick with BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:00 AM
    Carmelo, you should know that recovering his data would be priceless compared with replacing the actual phone hardware.

I'm glad to read Ryu's happy ending and his followup post confirms the cost wasn't as much as you had estimated. That's a good thing.

While we're on the topic of phones and water, does anyone remember the Sony tv commercial for their first "waterproof" phone? It showed some young adults cavorting in what appeared to be a river or stream or small pond, when one of them dove under the water to take a video under water. It was a super-fun scene they painted. There was some barely legible fine print that zipped by too fast to read. I put my pvr on slomo and it said " maximum depth 1 meter, fresh water only, not sea water and not swimming pool water."

I was stunned that they had such a major limitation which was unnoticeable by over 90% of viewers. And it's perfectly legal. Oh well. Buyer beware. Best to stick with BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, all Sony stuff has the limitations. They are really water-resistant not water proof. If you are near water, best to put the phone in a zip-loc sandwich bag for proactive accident protection. You should be still able to use the touchcreen. They also sell stuff especially for diving and such $$$.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-15 12:48 PM