When i start a new email there is a grey bar just under the "To" field with two contacts listed...
    They are people i know, but why are they there? they are not who i would put there voluntarily...

They don't seem like suggestions by BB on who i might want to send the email to, because they are not my most used email addresses. They are essentially just random names from my contact list.

Are they "hot keys" or "auto-dials" I've somehow triggered without knowing? They are not favourited, so i don't know how this happened.

I'd like he feature if i could change them... any suggestions?
    04-17-14 11:19 AM
    you cant change it , i believe its the people from your contacts same as when using a pc where it show the ones you have used but not in the contacts for outlook
    04-17-14 11:31 AM
    it's there for what reason?

if it can't be changed or influenced by me, what is the use of it?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-14 11:50 AM
    I love this feature

It suggests your most common contacts based on your usage of that particular email address.

I send a ton of emails to my assistant. His name always shows up first.

If I select his name from the list it then suggests the next most common email address.

Posted on a Post-It!
    04-17-14 12:03 PM
    I love this feature

It suggests your most common contacts based on your usage of that particular email address.

I send a ton of emails to my assistant. His name always shows up first.

If I select his name from the list it then suggests the next most common email address.

Posted on a Post-It!
    I agree. This feature is awesome! It's a bb10 feature and is the same on z10 q10.

I send emails to a few different groups of friends & family quite often so the suggested contacts change all the time based on who I've been emailing the most recently. If it's people who aren't listed, as soon as I enter the first name it automatically suggests the other contacts I often include with that person.

Give it time to learn your email habits and you'll love it!

Posted via Q10 on CB10
    04-17-14 12:07 PM
    It would be awesome if you could tell it not to suggest specific addresses again that you hardly ever use, like you can on other systems ( e.g. Outlook). You can't, so by this simple omission, the 'email experts' at BB have rendered a killer feature a pain in the a$$ instead if something genuinely useful. let's hope they make amends soon.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-14 12:26 PM
    It would be awesome if you could tell it not to suggest specific addresses again that you hardly ever use, like you can on other systems ( e.g. Outlook). You can't, so by this simple omission, the 'email experts' at BB have rendered a killer feature a pain in the a$$ instead if something genuinely useful. let's hope they make amends soon.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Optional. Great for some and sucks for others.
    04-17-14 12:39 PM
    wow, so strange... it's working for half of you and not for the rest.

mine has clung to two addresses right form day one, addresses i do use - but not as often as other addresses i use by any stretch of the imagination... again, a great idea if it worked right!

i have wiped my phone and started fresh and still, the same two randomly suggested names appear and not ones i want.

as Big_Ern suggests, maybe it will learn? but it hasn't changed it's mind thus far despite contantly being wrong.
    shame
    04-17-14 02:13 PM
    Mines pulls email addresses from incoming mails that I don't want in my contact list because they are like mass emails from the hospital. Everytime I start a new email those show up no matter what account I'm in. Annoys me. I prefer nothing show up.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-14 02:46 PM
    My Z10 has learned who to suggest based on the email contents that I am replying to or forwarding. It is correct more often than not. For me this is one of the most intuitive features of BlackBerry 10.

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    04-17-14 03:02 PM
    yes an intuitive idea if it worked.
    anyone figure out a way to "tweak it" when it's not been paying attention at the right times?
    04-17-14 04:19 PM
    As blueyestm said, mine is based on in coming and outgoing emails. The first two are the ones that I send and receive emails from the most. It seems to be based on the number of times an email has shown up in emails. If I keep selecting names by around the 10th one I'll start getting names of people that aren't in my contact list and who I have never sent or received an email from but they are CC'd in on a lot of work emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:16 PM
    currently mine is suggesting an employee who hasn't been with the company for a few months, who i never emailed or CCd on emails, and another employee who i send an email to every week or so.

but i send emails to myself constantly. 95% of my mail sent from the device goes to me. 75% of the mail sent from my computer through gmail goes to me (or CCs me) and 50% from my pc through outlook, which are the two accounts i have on the blackberry. i just don't understand why i am not the first name on the list of suggestions, or even the second when the vast majority goes to me.

i'd like to think that this will change itself over time, but since these names would have never made sense, i can't believe it will learn because it seems to not be working exactly the way it does for some of the others out there or else it would have picked my name from the get-go.

perhaps i will wipe it and start over.
    again.
    04-18-14 12:18 PM