its has been 4 month now with my z30 , the battery has been amazing but last 2 days the first 10% is consumed really fast in less than one hour ...is there anything i can do ? its making me sad and annoyed
    03-19-14 09:49 AM
    its has been 4 month now with my z30 , the battery has been amazing but last 2 days the first 10% is consumed really fast in less than one hour ...is there anything i can do ? its making me sad and annoyed
    Have you recently installed any apps that you didn't have before this happened? I find that some apps, particularly Android ones, can drain the battery quite a bit faster. Was the same on my Z10.
    03-19-14 09:56 AM
    Have you recently installed any apps that you didn't have before this happened? I find that some apps, particularly Android ones, can drain the battery quite a bit faster. Was the same on my Z10.
    no nothing , i even looked at the device monitor , apparently display is taking consuming more than the usual
    03-19-14 09:58 AM
    no nothing , i even looked at the device monitor , apparently display is taking consuming more than the usual
    Well, I have only had my Z30 for a few days, but know that the screen is a AMOLED, so is more prone to the battery draining if you wallpaper has brighter colours or the brightness is set quite high. Have you changed this? I'm sure others will be able to tell you more on this, but it may be an option...
    03-19-14 10:01 AM
    Well, I have only had my Z30 for a few days, but know that the screen is a AMOLED, so is more prone to the battery draining if you wallpaper has brighter colours or the brightness is set quite high. Have you changed this? I'm sure others will be able to tell you more on this, but it may be an option...
    no didnt change anything
    03-19-14 10:03 AM
    Get a battery analyzer and see condition of battery. For example Battery Guru.

It can tell you if your bat is okay or not.
    03-19-14 10:04 AM
    It can also be from signal strength issues from the cell towers you are connected to, - or even general data connection issue between your carrier and your phone... and of course the carrier will never admit to having any issues... but 10% in an hour sounds a little bit much..

do you have many Accounts connected? Could it be from some increased traffic to one/more of the email/social apps?
    03-19-14 10:44 AM
    It can also be from signal strength issues from the cell towers you are connected to, - or even general data connection issue between your carrier and your phone... and of course the carrier will never admit to having any issues... but 10% in an hour sounds a little bit much..

well ...nothing new at all , just starting acting like this 2 days ago ...and i am home so i am not switching any towers ....

do you have many Accounts connected? Could it be from some increased traffic to one/more of the email/social apps?
    03-19-14 10:57 AM
    OP, try to remove, clean a bit and then reinsert your sim. I had the same problem. Now my signal strength is better and the phone runs cooler.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 10:59 AM
    done...nothing changed , appreciate the tip though
    OP, try to remove, clean a bit and then reinsert your sim. I had the same problem. Now my signal strength is better and the phone runs cooler.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 12:11 PM
    Well, there's always a back-up, wipe, restore...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:06 PM
    But...how long does it last in total? If you are getting a full day of use out of it then who cares.
    03-20-14 03:29 AM
    But...how long does it last in total? If you are getting a full day of use out of it then who cares.
    The OP does. All he was saying was that the battery usage in one hour had increased significantly enough to find out more. It's not really up to you to say whether he should care or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:28 AM
    about 12 to 16 hours ...used to do 20 hour minimum
    doubleup4life likes this.
    03-20-14 10:59 AM
    i did a factory restore...and some how right after update 10.2.1.2102 came in lol
    The OP does. All he was saying was that the battery usage in one hour had increased significantly enough to find out more. It's not really up to you to say whether he should care or not.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:03 AM
    system restore and the new update didnt do the trick , still 10% in an hour and half
    03-20-14 03:50 PM
    system restore and the new update didnt do the trick , still 10% in an hour and half
    Well, as I said above, your quite right to question if your battery life has gone a little, but I've had my Z30 for 4 days, and 1 1/2 for 10% battery is pretty much what I get with quite a lot of use. That's 15hrs, which very few big smartphones could hope to get close to.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:17 PM
    Well, as I said above, your quite right to question if your battery life has gone a little, but I've had my Z30 for 4 days, and 1 1/2 for 10% battery is pretty much what I get with quite a lot of use. That's 15hrs, which very few big smartphones could hope to get close to.
    yes its still pretty good but it used be 4% an hour with heavy use, i dont know what changed , maybe just the durability of the phone

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 04:38 PM
    Well, I can only say that 4%ph with 'Heavy' use is exceptional. BlackBerry do quote 25hrs for the Z30, but that wouldn't be based on heavy use, and that's what 4%ph is.

Maybe it was just the OS settling and giving off odd percentages, but the 10% figure you now get with heavy use seems more likely to be correct I think.

Posted via CB10
    Ahmed Ragab likes this.
    03-20-14 05:26 PM