As a long time BlackBerry user, I have avoided the switch to iPhone and Andoid and have
    defended BB for the longest against BB bashers that I know. All I hear is "you are still using
    a BB?" My response is YES, it works for me.
    I upgraded my 9900 to the z10 upon launch in the US, which I had to wait until March...that was really
    no problem as I am a BB user and my company supports BES10 and I immediately joined our BES 10
    pilot program.
    I've been using he z10 since then and have had occasional replies like "is that a BlackBerry" and the majority of the responses
    have been "Oh, I didn't know there was a new Blackberry out". Seems like BB needs to do a better job of marketing which we all
    know.
    I have recently upgraded to the z30 and all I can say is wow. I purchased the z30 STA 100-5 off ebay and it works good on the T-Mobile US networking including LTE bands. The z30 definitely should have been the leading device on the market for
    OS10. The feel in your hand is like night and day compared to the z10.
    I have installed the 2.1 leak and it runs smooth as butter and installing Android apps if you need them are no problem from Amazon, 1Mobile or Goodereader. I did have a bit of a challenge extracting the autoloader for the z30 using 7zip, but I can send it to anyone who needs it. Just PM me with your email address. Thanks to all the help from the BBLeaks team.
    Now back to the z30..
    1) The screen brightness could be better, but battery life is amazing...its good enough for me
    2) All of the 2.1 leaks work perfect and I love toast notfications, dark theme, etc
    3) I am on T-Mobile LTE in the US and speed is definitely noticeable (I dont have to turn LTE off and battery life is still good)
    4) Definitely feels like a premium handset
    5) 5 inch screen is amazing for videos and reading text

Overall I am very pleased with my upgrade everything is working fine. I think BB has made a lot of progress in 10 months and still room
    for improvements. If they have to focus on the enterprise and continue quality builds of upcoming models, other corporate users like me
    will consider making the switch to BB. Better marketing will help the cause.
    All I can say is that when the time is right for you if you have already purchased the z10, take a look at the z30, you wont regret it.
    12-07-13 08:36 AM
    If only we could get such things on paper (and I mean newspapers)...

Glad you're digging the BB10 experience!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    12-07-13 08:45 AM
    Thanks...I an definitely happy with my upgrade and have no issues laying now my phone down in a meeting and watching the stares as I flaunt the z30 experience. LOL
    12-07-13 08:57 AM
    hi Mr. Funkymixx,

Thx for continue to supporting our Canadian flagship BB. I got stucked with 3-yr Bell contract and just upgraded from torch 9800 to Z30. And boy, it blew me away ! What is it all about 2.1 leaks ? does it allow you to directly installing android apps w/o having to side load ? Thx.

I do agree with you that BB needs better marketing strategy since I noticed that many cell phone stores in the US did not even display any BB devices and this was like 8-9 months ago.

TPbbt
    12-07-13 09:55 AM
    I'm made the same switch and I completely agree with you. It's an awesome phone. It would have been great if they had launched with the Z30 but I think it's still pretty amazing what BlackBerry has accomplished with the OS since launch.

Like you said. I hope that the focus on Enterprise with Chen in the helm helps BlackBerry survive and produce more phones like this.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:56 AM
    I made the switch recently as well. No turning back on this end.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:00 AM
    TPbbt....YES, with 10.2.1 you can download Android apps from Amazon, 1Mobile, or GoodReader without sideloading...Instagram works perfectly, unfortunately ooVoo needs an upgrade to work but for the most part the ones I need work flawless. Now the autoloader that was posted is kind of challengeing using 7zip , but I managed to extract it and can send the exec to anyone who needs it...Just PM me with your email addy
    TPbbt likes this.
    12-07-13 10:27 AM
    I've made the switch as well and the z30 is an awesome beast. Loaded the leak as well and have all the apps I need. Now if BlackBerry would market this fact once they release the leak as official the app gap is officially closed.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:36 AM
    Yes, I agree... the z30 with 10.2.1 leak and ability to download Android apps closes the app gap...We need marketing...I wish there was a way to get to Chen so he understands this if he already doesntt even if the focus is on Enterprise...There are a lot of Enterprise employees that may switch from iPhone or Android if they know the capabilities of the z10 or z30 with 10.2.1
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-07-13 10:42 AM
    If you'd like to install the update, I wrote instructions here:
    My (non-OTA) OS install process
    TPbbt likes this.
    12-07-13 03:41 PM
    Z10 to Z30 yesterday. All I can say is wow. Amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:49 PM
    Upgraded from Z10 to Z30 couple days ago. Surprised how much smoother Z30 is and how great battery life is! ! ! This phone is awesome. Just needs to be marketed.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 04:33 PM
    Z30 is awesome!!!
    12-07-13 04:37 PM
    I like all of them and switch between the Z30,10 and Q10 during the weeks, glad you are having fun. Had my Q10 at work the other day and my coworkers were asking "hey is that a blackberry"? Lol. Silly rabbits!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-07-13 05:06 PM
    Need to have Z10 with Z30 screen. Would save a lot battery life. Also needs same internals. If z10 was this smooth it would be flying off the shelf.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:27 PM
    See I disagree. I would like to see the Z10 with the guts of the Z30 and maybe a standard resolution. I like the Z30, but find the Z10 screen to be superior. I can see the pixels on the Z30 and they jump out at me. I realize this isn't a problem for everyone and overall I like the Z30, but think the Z10 is a better size.
    larsonage likes this.
    12-07-13 10:46 PM
    Did you buy it new on eBay? I'm thinking of doing the same.

Do you mind sharing with me who you bought it from? You can PM me if you want. I have T-Mobile too, and really want this phone. How much did you end up paying for it?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 02:10 AM
    SK122387....Hi, Yea, I bought it off eBay for 599...I am gonna sell the z10 for $200.
    I bought it from swiftronicsinc..He had 10 but I think he sold out in a day...wow. I got mine in one day priority FEDEX shipping
    You can message him on eBay...GSMNation.com also has the T-Mobile STA 100-5 that you
    can get LTE bandwidth too
    12-08-13 07:20 AM
    Yes, I agree... the z30 with 10.2.1 leak and ability to download Android apps closes the app gap...
    I would say that it closes some of the gap.
    Many apps do not run presently and many are relying on Google play sign in. Without Google play, you can't run the app.
    I love my BlackBerry Z30 non the less and wouldn't have any other phone. Now, I need my case to arrive so I can start using it.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:33 AM
    Dragon...where did you get the case for the z30? I am having a hard time finding an authentic z30 case.
    12-08-13 07:38 AM
    I ordered my z30 case from crackberry. Got the transform case and I love it.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:01 AM
    I got the Z30 when Verizon launched it, and I thought I would switch back and forth with the Z10 whenever I needed it. But I hardly ever use my Z10 now. Got it with the Otterbox commuter on the same order, been using the wireless charger, I'm just hoping for better video playback on wireless Miracast and it will be absolutely perfect.
    12-08-13 12:27 PM
    I switched from a VZW Z10 to Z30. What I miss most from my Z10 is the material they used for the battery cover. It had a great feel to it and I would buy one for my Z30 in an instant. Any 3d parties offering an alternative back for the Z30? I don't use a case as I don't want to add any more bulk.

I also liked the fact that the Z10 had squarish edges to it, instead of it being beveled in the Z30. It made it much easier to grip. Of course, the extra width is also making it a bit more difficult as well.

Besides those two minor complaints, the Z30 seems superior in all other ways IMO.
    12-08-13 09:14 PM
    Bought a cheap one on amazon with a universal holster. On ebay I bought an otterbox commuter with some accessories for $35.
    But I am waiting for incipio to make a case like the z10.
    I am afraid of using my Z30 without any case.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:57 PM
    Has anyone made a switch from Q10 to the Z30? I have an upgrade available and may buy it on Amazon for the $99, but am worried. I love the Q10 because of the keyboard and how fast I can communicate on it. How do you feel with your Z30 as a communication device?
    12-08-13 11:31 PM
26 12