Hello everyone out there in the Crackberry world. I bought my factory unlocked z30 100-5 model last Friday from a Canadian seller.

I installed the 10.2.1.195 leak and received the official update on the 28th. I am on T Mobile USA LTE network. I came back to BlackBerry from IOS and sold my IPhone 5s last Saturday. I decided to give BlackBerry another chance and come back to the BlackBerry world.

I want to share my first 7 Days of using the z30 as my daily driver. I tried out a z30 at my local Verizon store before I decided to go for the device.

So far I really like the z30, the big screen is nice and bright and having the extra real estate is a big plus when reading emails, texting and accessing the web.

I read that folks where complaining about the screen not being up to par with the other products currently out there. To this I say that I really don't care about specs, I buy a device based on how it's going to function for my needs and not some tech writers opinion. The screen is perfect for my needs and that's what counts for me.

The Hub is what I really missed when I was on IOS and now that I have that function back again, I am not going back. I have found that the Hub improves my daily messaging work flow. I have tried Android, IOS and Windows based phones and none of them have what the Hub provides for me.

I also like having my messages showing up on the lock screen and being able to access them by touching it once to see the contents and then tapping it again to access the message, another very nice feature that improves my work flow.

Android apps, I have read many comments about the ability to install android apk files and folks complaining about how some of them don't run and so on. For me, I have all but 2 of the apps I used on my iPhone 5s and even though they are not the paid version, they work perfectly for my daily needs.

I have the eBay app and all the notification functions work fine, the Craigslist app also works like a charm. All my sports apps and I even have my Dunkin Donuts app back and they all are working just fine. They load up and run very smooth and I can put up with the occasional add banner.

The z30 seems faster and smoother then then my z10. The 10.2.1 update is a huge improvement over the 10.0 that was installed on my z10 I bought when the device was launched last year.

The z30 is not perfect and yes there are better devices with better spec out there. But, it has shown me that there is more to a great device then just specs. It has become my daily driver and I had folks here in the USA telling me I was nuts for buying another BlackBerry.

My response is this, I bought the device I felt that would best serve my needs for what I use my smartphone for. I use the device for my email, texting and social apps and I don't watch movies or play games.

So far the z30 has lived up to what I expected it to be and more. I really don't care what other people think about what device I using, I am the person who has to live with that decision and so far, I think I made the right one coming back to BlackBerry and the z30.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    Uzi, Speedygi, maxell and 6 others like this.
    01-31-14 05:56 AM
    Enjoy you 30 OP

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:00 AM
    Good point about the Z30 being a good device, not necessarily in the specs but in the experience. I feel that about BlackBerry and its devices too. They care about the user experience more than anything else.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    01-31-14 06:18 AM
    Spec's mean nothing when the experience sucks. My z10 was back in the shop for repairs and I was back on my HTC Amaze (which is showing its age, but it's still got a dual-core processor and 1GB ram). It was so laggy and slow that I actually went back to my bold 9900 and it was faster to do messaging (bbm, email, facebook, twitter, whatsapp) on the bold 9900 than the HTC.

Looking forward to getting my Z30 tomorrow!
    02-01-14 01:13 AM
    Z30 is a great device, the best for me in the market. But what can make a Z30 even better is a Z30 with better specs... 1080P would be really nice.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-01-14 09:54 AM
    congratulations OP, enjoy your device... one question, i have a z30 as well, using it on t-mobile usa... you said you got the official os... did you get wifi calling with it?
    02-01-14 10:59 AM
    congratulations OP, enjoy your device... one question, i have a z30 as well, using it on t-mobile usa... you said you got the official os... did you get wifi calling with it?
    I just realized that my 100-5 unlocked model is from Telus in Canada and that's why I received the update. I didn't realize it until I found the Telus My Account app on the device after the update.

I am actually happier now because now I know I will get the updates in a timely manner and not have to depend on T Mobile.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    02-01-14 03:46 PM
    I am really enjoying my z30 as well. The only time I worry about specs is when my device can't perform fast enough and this thing is not laggy and is smooth as butter

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:43 PM