About 6 months ago I purchased a Z30 direct my carrier is AT&T on the forums and in comments from time to time you read theory of "anti blackberry" through carriers and lack of support and knowledge of there products... well since the first day I have owned the Z30 I have been getting emails from AT&T that I had never before and frequently the emails started as a "friendly" reminder that I am due for an upgrade witch I had been for a while prior to ownership of the Z30 and they haven't stopped since....trying to get me to get Samsung and I phones new HTC, or LG flexes, maybe it's just nothing or maybe they are trying hard to get me out of my blackberry? I found it strange as I had never been emailed prior to this for cell phone upgrades... Idk , personally I have no gripe with AT&T, there service in CT and customer service is grade A, but I'm starting to think some of the conspiracys floating around from time to time may be true

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:43 PM
    I've had a z30 on at&t for a couple months now. No emails advertising anything.

But then again, I'm still on an old contract and not due for any sort of upgrade yet.
    10-30-14 03:47 PM
    Have gotten good service with AT&T / Q10 but I do get promos for upgrades also. My contract expires in July next year. But you have to be patient when calling for assistance. Have pen/paper to write numbers and directions down. They will transfer you to BB if necessary for help. Have had interesting calls for help! I always inquire if the AT&T personnel is "familiar" with the Q10.

It would be interesting to "grade carriers" for assistance/service.
    10-30-14 04:10 PM
    I'm on AT&T, 2 BB's on my account, both are eligible for upgrades but I only know that from looking over my account online. They've got my email (get bill ready notifications on it) but have never received any emails, ever, offering upgrades. It's probably a setting in your notification preferences that you allow marketing emails, and I don't. Been forever since I looked at those settings but it's the likely explanation.

Richard
    10-31-14 12:47 PM
    I'm on AT&T, 2 BB's on my account, both are eligible for upgrades but I only know that from looking over my account online. They've got my email (get bill ready notifications on it) but have never received any emails, ever, offering upgrades. It's probably a setting in your notification preferences that you allow marketing emails, and I don't. Been forever since I looked at those settings but it's the likely explanation.

Richard
    Has to be because I've been eligible for an upgrade for a loonnggg time and don't get them. I do get a notification when I go into my account that I have one but I just keep deleting it.
    10-31-14 02:06 PM
    Dude its the NSA. Its they want you back on " their " phone. Dont listen to them, its a set up!
    Carl Estes and jas1978 like this.
    10-31-14 07:47 PM
    Dude its the NSA. Its they want you back on " their " phone. Dont listen to them, its a set up!
    Lol... they will neither confirm or deny. oh, and please remove your tinfoil hat, they're having trouble scanning your thoughts... ;-P

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-03-14 01:13 PM
    Guys apologize but thinking of switching from Z10 to Z30 what model works well with sweet AT&T

Rocking 10.3.1.938 AT&T
    11-03-14 07:29 PM
    I ordered a new Z30 from BlackBerry. I currently have the Z10. I hope all goes well switching to the Z30. I have read that there are some issues getting LTE on the Z30 with AT&T since it is an unknown device.

Supposed to be resolved if you use a dummy IMEI or using a SIM from another LTE enabled device...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:30 PM
    I'm in Los Angeles on AT&T and upgraded from Z10 to Z30 (STL-5) two weeks ago and my coverage switches back and forth between 4G to LTE constantly depending on where I am, but yeah I get LTE. Loving my "30" hoping ATT really does offer the Passport by the time my upgrade comes around in April, if so that bad boy is mine!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:00 AM
    I ordered a new Z30 from BlackBerry. I currently have the Z10. I hope all goes well switching to the Z30. I have read that there are some issues getting LTE on the Z30 with AT&T since it is an unknown device.

Supposed to be resolved if you use a dummy IMEI or using a SIM from another LTE enabled device...

Posted via CB10
    You're confusing devices. That's with the Passport. For the Z30, the only way you get LTE on AT&T is if you happen to be lucky enough to be in an area that AT&T uses the bands available with the Z30 which in many places, it does not.

There's a whole thread in this forum devoted to this subject. Had to dig for it a little bit; don't know why it's not a sticky -> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-cities-918436

Many feel that the Z30 is still more than acceptable without LTE. I'm leaning towards that myself having been on AT&T (without LTE) on my Z30 for a few months now. I don't watch movies on my phone though, so I'm less demanding on the bandwidth than others might be.

Richard
    11-04-14 10:46 AM
    I think AT&T once e-mailed me about the new iPhone. I almost died of laughter.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-04-14 07:26 PM
    You're confusing devices. That's with the Passport. For the Z30, the only way you get LTE on AT&T is if you happen to be lucky enough to be in an area that AT&T uses the bands available with the Z30 which in many places, it does not.

There's a whole thread in this forum devoted to this subject. Had to dig for it a little bit; don't know why it's not a sticky -> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-cities-918436

Many feel that the Z30 is still more than acceptable without LTE. I'm leaning towards that myself having been on AT&T (without LTE) on my Z30 for a few months now. I don't watch movies on my phone though, so I'm less demanding on the bandwidth than others might be.

Richard
    Yes there are very helpful threads (many of them actually) . I have the Z30 on AT&T. I'm in California and get 4G without fail. When I was in Chicago, however, I received LTE almost the whole week I was there. From Chicago to the Wisconsin border in fact. Its like he said it's gonna depend on your location. Even this is well documented in the older threads.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:40 AM
    This is a very interesting thread! Before I purchased my z30 from Verizon, I went to best buy to see if I can hold the z30. Within 2seconds of my asking for the z30, the sales guy tells me that bb is dying and I should consider other phones. Could not get z30 from at&t and had to switch to vz.
    I believe that phone retailers are abandoning BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 11:15 AM
    Reading around here on whether I want to move from my Z10 to the larger Z30. Have to laugh about how ATT reps just cannot stand BlackBerry or mock it so. At retail level...three different resellers I've visited, only one guy wanted to listen to me and hear about my device (I had come by and was looking at phones while wife was shopping elsewhere) . Others could not believe I had one. At corporate store doing a faulty sim card switch from from a Bold back to Z10, one guy was outright condescending about how poor they were build-wise and why he was glad he did not have one. I asked if any interest in coming Passport or Classic...he couldn't care less. I just shook my head. Corporate ATT just doesn't care anymore. We're on our own.....

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:08 AM