i got the chance to play with my cousins Z 30 and i been using apple iphone 4 s and 5 , also usewd S 4 and the Z 30 hands down beats them all, mines on its way in 5-7 business days since Bell has zero money down on 2 yr contract right now
    jrohland likes this.
    12-03-13 02:27 PM
    Hi guys,
    I currently have a Lumia 820 and i am thinking of switching to a Z10. So i need some help regarding the os, apps and other things.

Here are my main questions-
    * How is the fluidity of OS compared to the Windows Phone. I really love the fluidity of WP.
    * How is the Keyboard?
    * How is the music and video player? I am an avid music player user.
    * How is the battery backup?
    * What are the leaks?
    * Anyone (who has used people hub in WP) thinks of Blackberry hub? Is it better?
    * Is Facebook and twitter inbuilt?
    * Any Cloud integration?
    * Wat about maps in India?
    * My most used apps are Facebook, Twitter, Feedly, Reddit, Zomato, Media player, Whatsapp, Skype, Maps, Soundcloud, Photo editor, Tapatalk, Data monitoring software, Bookmyshow, FM radio, Imgur, Browser, Pocket or Readability, Youtube, File Manager, onenote.

That's it for now.
    Thanks in advance.
    12-03-13 02:36 PM
    I second this setup! -- I have my Z30 - latest leak - and it works fantastic, and I have my ipod via the hotspot on my Z30 - works great and LTE connection!
    Sounds very interesting!

The iPod connects to the Z30 via some wifi setup? Cool!
    12-03-13 02:39 PM
    Hi guys,
    I currently have a Lumia 820 and i am thinking of switching to a Z10.
    Did you mean the Z10 or Z30? This is the Z30 forum, so if you are more interested in the Z10 it would be best to post this question there.
    12-03-13 02:40 PM
    Sounds very interesting!

The iPod connects to the Z30 via some wifi setup? Cool!
    I also own and use many devices. Right now being a iphone5, z10(1 more day till I get the z30), s4 mini, iPad, g tab n Ipod.

Really it comes down to what works for you, if you currently use tour 4th Gen Ipod then you know 80% of what owning a iPhone 5s will be like.

Android is the most flexible o's out there, you can almost do anything you can imagine on it. But it comes with sacrifice, depending what model you choice(minus nexus devices).

Bb10 is an amazing o's I can't speak on the z30 yet but when giving the choice for a z30 or iPhone 5s, I can't justify paying $200+ more for a smaller less capable device. One that does 90% of what my 5 does and 80% of you Ipod.

In the end pick what will work best for you, because as another poster said most people will say z30 given that it's crackberry.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-03-13 02:50 PM
    Do you find priority hub useful in a business context?
    I don't find Priority hub useful because I dont have 6 million unread messages, my BB keeps me on top of things as they come so it isn't useful for me. Without the Regular hub, I'd be at a loss for sure though!
    12-03-13 02:59 PM
    $300 for IPhone??? Z30 all the way!
    12-03-13 03:02 PM
    Z30. With latest os that can run some android apps. Hands down better. If you don't we to be tethered to the wall with your phone plugged in get the z30. If you feel its still cool to have an iPhone and don't mind getting ripped off, go for it.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:02 PM
    As you are using it for work have you thought about just getting a q10? It's smaller, has the qwerty keyboard. Performance and keyboard is equal (keyboard obviously better), and if it's your work device then do you really want to carry a z30 with your personal phone?

I wouldn't!

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    12-03-13 03:12 PM
    Take your mark of the beast finger print scanning to the bottom of the ocean. Who cares about that lol
    ColdStoneGuards and edberry12 like this.
    12-03-13 03:23 PM
    12-03-13 03:29 PM
    Why would you need anything else but the Z30? Battery life is amazing (that goes for all BB10 devices). Why have two phones when you can just use BlackBerry Balance and switch between personal and business life? Iphone is a ******* toy and shouldn't be as popular as it is.

To put things in simple terms, Z30.
    12-03-13 03:29 PM
    Not quite true Z10 battery is shocking! The rest I agree with you on haha!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:30 PM
    I just switched from an iPhone 5 to a Z30 last week and my experience has left me asking one question: "Why didn't I try BB10 sooner?!"

Using the Hub to manage all of my communications is a joy compared to the other three platforms (a tiresome routine of open app, read, home, lather, rinse, repeat).

The active frames and true multi-tasking are a breath of fresh air.

I get better reception on both Wi-Fi and LTE.

The battery is ASTOUNDING. It's been off the charger for 8 hours and it's at 73%!

And the overall hardware and build quality of the Z30 is great. The 2 Verizon reps I dealt with when I ordered and set up my Z30 both remarked that it was a very nice looking phone and spoke well of it. One of them said he might get one to use for work.

I couldn't go back to an iPhone at this point. My Z30 has been un upgrade from my iPhone in nearly every way.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    R Field, Karan Mohal and Just Me like this.
    12-03-13 03:52 PM
    I'm going to say Z30.

I have an iphone4s with ios 7 and a Z10.

My best friend has an S4.

I would skip the iPhone because of the battery life, and let's be honest why spend $300 when you don't have too.

My friend loves his S4 but admits that messaging is not at the level of what BlackBerry offers.

BlackBerry 10 meanwhile is only $50, has the best battery, the best keyboard, a big screen with fantastic speakers and great build quality.

For me it's limitations are that it doesn't offer the best app selection even with the leaks, I rather get my stuff from BlackBerry World.

The screen while big is weak compared to the iPhone in terms of clarity and brightness.

BlackBerry 10 is definitely still missing some things that the two other more mature os' offer that you will want to look into before getting it.

On the whole though all that taken into account I still maintain for you're situation it's the best choice for work.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 03:54 PM
    Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    Don't bother ask in this forum about unbiased recommendations..don't get the Z30 it has a terrible screen and BB10 lacks many features..if you care about battery life get the Note 3 otherwise either the HTC One or the 5S will be a better choice
    12-03-13 04:50 PM
    If you like a keyboard go for the q10 if not get the Z30
    12-03-13 04:52 PM
    BB10 is a mix of apple and windows with the option to install android apps. When they develop the os they also tested android,ios and windows and trying to find out wat was working good and what they could build better. That is wat os 10.2 is these days and with 10.2.1.x the OS is completed and finished.

I couldn't go back to android or apple because it feels like a step back. Ok lesser apps but most apps are in the browser. Most sites are mobile websites and look the same as the apps. Also there are alternative apps like for spotify in Deezer and that is also better.

Itunes I hate and al restrictions of apple and android has a lot of malware/virus. BlackBerry has trend micro to get your mobile save for that stuff also from outside like side loading android apps.

My choice after apple and 4 years android and last 8 month z10 and since last 2 weeks Z30. I say BB10 is much better in use.

POSTED via my Z30 BEAST
    Just Me likes this.
    12-03-13 05:11 PM
    iPhone. Do it. Do it.
    12-03-13 05:13 PM
    If you like a keyboard go for the q10 if not get the Z30
    z30 keyboard > q10 keyboard.
    12-03-13 05:17 PM
    don't get the Z30 it has a terrible screen and BB10 lacks many features.

Just curious.. what's up with the screen?
    12-03-13 05:22 PM
    Nothing. Don't listen to divas

Sent from my Z30
    12-03-13 05:28 PM
    No idea what they mean by that. The screen on my Z30 is gorgeous.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    12-03-13 05:36 PM
    I don't think anyone has gone overboard on why they like the Z over the others. It does have it's strengths
    12-03-13 05:38 PM
    Pic any

Posted via Q10 10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    12-03-13 05:43 PM
113 1234 ...