Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    i can tell you advantages of z10 via my thread...as z30 is superior to z10 but obvious it would have advantages of z10 also..here take a look at my thread..!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1/#post9658685
    12-05-13 05:53 AM
    I had a Z10 and switched to the Z30. The Z30 is an excellent business phone/email reader and a very fast operating system. What I really like are the notifications on the home screen regarding your next meeting, recent emails etc. I have also found there is no lack of relevant apps for the Z30. Major news feeds and Flipboard are available along with Bloomberg. All of the relevant social media apps are available too. In my view the 5 inch screen will become a standard soon, so I think the iPhone is out of date from that perspective. I don't think heavy business users combine their music and leisure uses with their business phones, hence I have never really sought an iPhone. The iPod does the trick for me on the front. I would not hesitate on the Z30. Great screen, long battery life, fast operating system, flexible storage and a good reader of PDF, EXCEL and other documents.
    12-05-13 06:30 AM
    Now go ask your question in an iPhone and an Android forums, because if you ask in a blackberry forums what phone to choose, I can tell you already what will be the answer (z30) without reading the other comment.

By the way I'm a big blackberry fan, will never choose anything else, but for someone who don't know what to choose, they have to see the good thing about all world, not just from 1 world.
    I have compared the Z30 to the iPhone and the Samsung S4. The main issue with the iPhone is the screen size, I also find the home button awkward after using the slick operating system of the Z30. The S4 is an identical screen size with a main screen that looks a lot like BBM Channels, it also has a home button. The battery life and working speed of the Z30 is excellent. I have compared the internet access and time to load side by side on the same web site between an iPhone, S4 and Z30. The Z30 and S4 were faster. At the end of the day, you have to compare side by side if you really want to compare all of the "real world" attributes of the phone, you have to get some family members around with each kind of phone and go through the paces. Take pictures, read PDF documents, access various email accounts, review Twitter and CNN feeds etc. So I have done it. Can't lose with the Z30. It is the best business phone out there in my view.
    12-05-13 06:52 AM
    What did you get OP?

Edit: would help to read back lol. Hope you love it
    12-05-13 06:59 AM
    I have compared the internet access and time to load side by side on the same web site between an iPhone, S4 and Z30. The Z30 and S4 were faster.
    Did you notice more ads on Google search on S4 by any chance? I did a similar comparison one day and found that droids display more advertising than BlackBerry 10. Wanted to double check if it was just me. I did a simple search like "best tv" and then compared ads on the first results page (there could be some at the bottom).

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:07 AM
    My family and I just renewed our contract last month. We all had the same HTC products before, which was convenient for battery swaps. This time I have the z30, my wife has the HTC one, and my daughter has the iPhone 5s.
    Quite the testing ground here! I have used them all, the HTC is just goofy to use compared to the z. The iPhone is OK.....its just so teenie, it's like a toy phone. both of them are always pawing at my z. My daughter is sad because her screen is so small. She does like all the "teenager" apps. IMHO I clearly have the awesome phone. Some people wear there phone as a badge of coolness. Some because they are use to a certain type, some for what it can do. If having Fred Flintstone clam phones were cool a lot of people would be sporting them too.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and R Field like this.
    12-05-13 09:46 AM
    Get the Z30.
    It's the best phone I have ever tried!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:16 PM
    It will be with Telus. I don't have a choice.
    Get them to price match.
    12-05-13 03:05 PM
    How's the underside of the bridge looking?
    12-05-13 03:16 PM
    Get the Z30.
    It's the best phone I have ever tried!

Posted via CB10
    Out of all the phones I've had, starting with the big Motorola brick, this is by far the best.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 04:47 PM
    My family and I just renewed our contract last month. We all had the same HTC products before, which was convenient for battery swaps. This time I have the z30, my wife has the HTC one, and my daughter has the iPhone 5s.
    Quite the testing ground here! I have used them all, the HTC is just goofy to use compared to the z. The iPhone is OK.....its just so teenie, it's like a toy phone. both of them are always pawing at my z. My daughter is sad because her screen is so small. She does like all the "teenager" apps. IMHO I clearly have the awesome phone. Some people wear there phone as a badge of coolness. Some because they are use to a certain type, some for what it can do. If having Fred Flintstone clam phones were cool a lot of people would be sporting them too.

Posted via CB10
    +1
    12-05-13 10:41 PM
    Well I had the Z30 for 5 days. Its a cool device, far more capable then the iphone and feels fantastic in the hand. But I must have had a bit of a dud because the battery was poor. Light to average, mixed use, reduced battery to 45% in about 6 hours. Nowhere near what everyone else seems to be experiencing. Sadly, returned it today and went back to my old iphone 4. Might pick up another Z30 in a couple of days...
    12-09-13 06:37 PM
    Well I had the Z30 for 5 days. Its a cool device, far more capable then the iphone and feels fantastic in the hand. But I must have had a bit of a dud because the battery was poor. Light to average, mixed use, reduced battery to 45% in about 6 hours. Nowhere near what everyone else seems to be experiencing. Sadly, returned it today and went back to my old iphone 4. Might pick up another Z30 in a couple of days...
    Was the battery draining like that while not in use? If so, then yes, that is not normal.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 07:29 PM
113 ... 345