If your main concern is having a device for productivity and communications for work get the Z30 hands down. Build quality is solid, screen surprised me when I first tried it out how nice it was vs z10. Keyboard is the best in the industry and will adapt to you after a few days learning what you type. There is a app gap but with the ability to install apk files has erased that for me. Also with 10.2.1 it gets even better.

I was considering a HTC one as a extra phone before trying the Z30 in person from a BlackBerry employee at the Air Canada Centre and I had to order one after trying it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:23 AM
    This thread made me want to buy a new Z30. May I know the price of this device please?
    Depends on your carrier pricing and plan also if you're buying it on contract or not. If your in the US you can get it from Verizon so check their site. In Canada you can get them from Telus, Bell and Rogers. Not sure of the availability on carriers elsewhere. Selfridges Vodafone Car phone warehouse and Amazon sell them in the UK.

If you live elsewhere check BlackBerry.com they will link you to where to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:31 AM
    I didn't realize the Z30 had two antennae, and that it's the first phone to do so? Pretty neat!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:19 AM
    If you are going with a BB10 phone, just confirm with IT that they are running BES10... support with active sync alone is sucky.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:41 AM
    z30 all the way, no if and or buts
    digi_ice likes this.
    12-04-13 07:44 AM
    If you are going with a BB10 phone, just confirm with IT that they are running BES10... support with active sync alone is sucky...
    I'm sorry but I disagree with this. I use Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for my work account and it consistently gets email before Outlook on my desktop. I also use Google business account (ActiveSync) for personal email, contacts and calendar. That also works very well. The synchronization is fast and solid.

The Exchange account does take a few minutes to sync deletions and moves but it does do it.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-04-13 07:51 AM
    Wait a minute. You are willing to pay a $250 premium over a Z30 for a phone with a tiny screen, lousy keyboard, and poor all day battery life and you still need our opinion on why you should get a Z30 for business?

:lol:

Posted via CB10
    Easy man....Dude is asking for an opinion from ppl who use these phones. He doesn't need to get piled on
    12-04-13 09:20 AM
    OP....I can't speak for the iDevice but I have a GS3, GS4 and a Z10. I had a Z10 and sold it for the GS4. I got another Z10 and it's my main driver. For ME it's the Z10. The droids have a ton of apps I don't have a need for. The Z10 (again, for me) is much smoother and more responsive than my Galaxy phones. Literally, the only app I miss on my GS4 is the TV remote
    12-04-13 09:26 AM
    Thanks again all for the feedback.

I've made my decision and have requested the Z30.

Looking forward to it...I now need to find some patience as I'm eager to get my hands on it!
    12-04-13 10:33 AM

Looking forward to it...I now need to find some patience as I'm eager to get my hands on it!
    Good decision if your looking for a productive device. I've been waiting 3 days so far for mine. Seems like the longest days of my life.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    vptsff likes this.
    12-04-13 10:41 AM
    I have a Z10 and I love it. As much as I really liked the HTC One (the device itself), I got the Z10 and I'm happy I did because BB10 is amazing. Awesome smooth interface and it is designed for efficiency. The hub is great for having all your messaging in one place. Having the peak gesture to get to it quickly (or just to see it quickly without leaving the app you are in, and with the toast notifications, really makes it awesome. I don't really care for iOS/Apple (and iTunes in particular), but it's fine if you want something simple that has every app you can think of. With the 10.2.1 OS (not officially out yet), you get direct Android APK support so most apps from Android will work well without conversion nor having to use a computer to install them. I highly suggest you go with the Z30, which is like the Z10 but has even better build quality, better radio technology for a better signal, better sound, MUCH better battery life, and the screen is bigger. If you can get that for $50, that is awesome.
    vptsff likes this.
    12-04-13 10:53 AM

Great choice! I don't think you'll regret it. And welcome to the small but happy group of Z30 owners!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    bigglybobblyboo and vptsff like this.
    12-04-13 11:07 AM
    Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    Yeah put me down for the Z30 any day for $ 50.
    An if you don't want it can I have it?
    12-04-13 11:40 AM
    Thanks all for your replies.

I use an iPod touch 5th gen at home and abroad for pics, surfing and apps. The apple Eco system has a great selection as you all know

Can anyone tell me how the android app support is these days? I spent many hours in the past side loading bar files onto my Playbook with very hit or miss results. A higher degree of "it works"! Would go along way in making up my mind.
    Hi Alphabase,

I would like you to do below things on Z30 ( if get for Hands on) & IOS

1) Configure all the email accounts, BBM, whats up, face book, twitter and then check what which device help you to perform faster.
    2) take a almost half page of text from news paper ror from any book, and then try to type same thing on both phones.
    3) if your second language is english then add your language in language & input, that will give clear idea.
    4) try to do simple setting like switch on Wifi / bluetooth etc.
    5) i am not How to check in IOS but in BB 10 go to help then search for virtual, then run blackberry virtual expert.
    6) do not forget to try out copy past function on both phone.
    7) my favorite function in BB 10 is search, type what ever you want in "search" , I am not sure whether this is available in IOS.

there many more features to compare but I guess these above test will help you out to come to conclusion.

Please do not forget to tell us your decision.
    vptsff likes this.
    12-04-13 11:46 AM

perfect decision, i am sure Z 30 will not let you down but do not forget to install leak 10.2.1.1055.
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    12-04-13 11:49 AM
    Nope.
    z30 keyboard > q10 keyboard.
    12-04-13 01:54 PM
    Out of curiosity, who is your carrier? If you're with Bell Canada, for example, the Z30 is now $0 on a 2-year contract.
    Z30.

Z30.

Z30.

There, I asked 3 people and they all agreed!

Who can argue with a 100% poll rating?
    12-04-13 05:15 PM
    I have had mine since the day they launched the device and I love it! Better than the Z10, the battery life is stupid good, nice display!
    12-04-13 05:18 PM
    I don't think you can go wrong with Z30 for work. Prior to getting my Z30 I used my iPad quite a bit for work related matters, but no more these days. With WiFi printing installed on my Z30, I tell ya, it's as good as it gets. I now use iPad for sports gaming.
    12-04-13 08:27 PM

You're really going to like it. Form factor and otherwise - it's a great communications tool.

You might want to pick up this clever case for it (it replaces the battery door and adds a sleep-cover).
    BlackBerry US Online Store - Z30 Leather Flip Case - Black (Canada)

I got one today and it's really my favourite case ever for a BlackBerry.
    12-05-13 12:32 AM
    +100000 OP for your decision, I have a z10 but my gf is constantly asking for it.

If I let it go I will definitely buy z30.

Though iam regularly visiting nearby store and playing with the demo unit. I also tell people all the features and app coverages while iam there. Like a sales rep.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:03 AM
    I can't say I have used iPhone recently but I have in the past and have an ipad touch which is almost the same bar calls etc and have used android on extensively and personally I prefer BlackBerry Z30 for me there isn't really a must have app that I can't either side loading or get on BlackBerry World. But it's my personal preference everyone will have different views.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:17 AM
    Battery life on Z30 is better than any handset period. It's unreal. Typing is a pleasure as well.

Posted via CB10
    Not true at all. I have got both LG G2 and Blackberry Z30 and i get much better battery life out of LG G2.
    12-05-13 02:36 AM
    Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    Z30, bar none. I am getting one myself. A former iPhone user here who switched this year. Too cumbersome and too much stuff on iPhone 5s to comprehend, (plus nothing beats Blackberry in speed and the OS UX). Just Z30 is your answer. Feel free to take my word for it.
    12-05-13 04:11 AM
    Z30 is much better than iphone. Had the z10 but z30 is awesome

POSTED via my Z30 BEAST
    12-05-13 04:22 AM
113 ... 2345