I've been using the z30 for a couple weeks now and I have to tell you it feels great in the hand. It's not too big. If you liked the z10 and playbook experience, you will definitely love the z30. The z10 almost felt cheap after I got comfortable with the z30.

Of course if you're talking about Apple and Google services, BB falls short. If you're really into messaging and one of the best browsers, Blackberry can compete.

Good luck.
    12-03-13 05:58 PM
    Haven't used it but you will like toast notification, lock screen previews, and with 10.2.1 you can directly download android apps

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 06:10 PM
    Don't bother ask in this forum about unbiased recommendations..don't get the Z30 it has a terrible screen and BB10 lacks many features..if you care about battery life get the Note 3 otherwise either the HTC One or the 5S will be a better choice
    loooolooolloooool
    12-03-13 06:10 PM
    Thanks to all of you who posted helpful comments.

I like my wife's Z10 and was pretty disappointed my playbook didn't get os10.

The article posted earlier was good as well. For work I want a reliable phone with good call quality and excellent messaging ability. Sounds like the Z30 is a solid performer in these areas.
    anon(6038817) and wyrdfool like this.
    12-03-13 06:34 PM
    Z30... dont pick android, they're too complicated right now. Iphones are not your phone and never will... its like renting it.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-03-13 06:45 PM
    Now go ask your question in an iPhone and an Android forums, because if you ask in a blackberry forums what phone to choose, I can tell you already what will be the answer (z30) without reading the other comment.

By the way I'm a big blackberry fan, will never choose anything else, but for someone who don't know what to choose, they have to see the good thing about all world, not just from 1 world.
    The flaw in that plan is that it's unlikely that you would be able to find folks in an iPhone or Android forum that have used a Z30 to any extent.

Posted from my Z10
    12-03-13 06:58 PM
    I can't even go back to my Z10 after getting my Z30. To be honest, I have never had any other smartphone other than BlackBerry, but whenever I buy a new phone I always play with all the other phones to make sure I'm not missing something, and I have played with iPhones and Android phones of my friends and family, and nothing ever has the same WOW effect like a BlackBerry. They just don't make me feel like they have anything special. BB10 is special.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:23 PM
    Hi guys,
    I currently have a Lumia 820 and i am thinking of switching to a Z10. So i need some help regarding the os, apps and other things.

Here are my main questions-
    * How is the fluidity of OS compared to the Windows Phone. I really love the fluidity of WP.
    * How is the Keyboard?
    * How is the music and video player? I am an avid music player user.
    * How is the battery backup?
    * What are the leaks?
    * Anyone (who has used people hub in WP) thinks of Blackberry hub? Is it better?
    * Is Facebook and twitter inbuilt?
    * Any Cloud integration?
    * Wat about maps in India?
    * My most used apps are Facebook, Twitter, Feedly, Reddit, Zomato, Media player, Whatsapp, Skype, Maps, Soundcloud, Photo editor, Tapatalk, Data monitoring software, Bookmyshow, FM radio, Imgur, Browser, Pocket or Readability, Youtube, File Manager, onenote.

That's it for now.
    Thanks in advance.
    Fluidity in terms of smoothness is right there with the best. iOS has a bit of an edge but BB 10 is right there with it.
    The Keyboard is outright the best I have ever used. In fact this keyboard has kept me from switching multiple times.
    I find the music and video players to be good. Easy to put stuff on, easy to access.
    Battery of Z10 leaves something to be desired. I am up to a day and a half now but thats with the screen turned all the way down.
    What leaks?
    Facebook and Twitter are native though not full featured unfortunately. They are much better than they were initially though.

Thats all I can answer for you.
    12-03-13 07:29 PM
    If you like a keyboard go for the q10 if not get the Z30
    z30 keyboard > q10 keyboard.
    12-03-13 07:38 PM
    Z30 is BOSS, but personally I like the Q10, but overall, I prefer the BB10 experience as a whole over any platform, it's just convenient.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 07:46 PM
    z30 keyboard > q10 keyboard.
    I am going to say even my Z10 keyboard for me is now ahead of the Q10. No finger cramps. Accuracy. Swipe to delete words. Great size. I love my keyboard! And its flexible so I have it or I don't. And when I don't, I have a 4.2" touch screen! Whats not to love?
    12-03-13 07:47 PM
    I tried iphones and the keyboard just makes me mad. I was reluctant to get the Z10 because of my iPhone experience. Man was I wrong. It has an amazing keyboard. I'm upgrading to the Z30 shortly because I'd the crazy battery life and size. PLUS.....the USB features. AND the new leak features that are coming.

BB Proud
    12-03-13 07:54 PM
    Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    i also would love to hear others opinions.
    12-03-13 08:38 PM
    well, then get the Z30 and keep your iP for leisure ... I'm willing to predict, though, that you won't even touch your iP after a month.

I got my Z30 yesterday, and after a full day's of decent use I still have 3/4 of the battery charge. ALL my old BB data was a breeze to X-fer over, the HUB is downright smart and do NOT get me started on the built in speakers ... just off the charts.

EVERYONE who saw this phone today had dropped jaws and wide eyes; and that incl. a batch of iP and droid "apostles."
    Best of all for you, I think Telus had a $0 promo on the Z30 via Best Buy or Future Shop as recently as last weekend ...

Do it. Just do it. You know you wanna. Good Luck!

Just my 2 cents from our penny-less country.
    Cheers & Keep Moving!
    12-03-13 08:40 PM
    I say go with the one you WANT, otherwise you will deal with days of buyers remorse. I just got rid of my Note 2 and picked up a Z30. After installing the latest leak it runs all the Android apps I want and need. I couldn't be happier. This is my favorite phone ever and I have had all of them twice.You already know the iPhone capabilities but BlackBerry has something special here if they can execute. Android is just android, samsung can put a pretty bow on it, but it's still android.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:52 PM
    OP have you decided yet?

Post via CB Z10
    12-03-13 11:57 PM
    The main difference between an ip5 and a z30 is this: to use your ip5 for over 8 hours you probably will have your screen brightness at the minimum and barely see anything.
    With the z30 you can set it at any brightness, and you could probably go two days without charging it lol.
    Not to mention the ip5 has a tiny screen, a joke of a keyboard and is an annoyance with needing iTunes on every machine you use.

The z30 also has miracast and an hdmi port, you can literally connect your phone to any TV with a simple micro hdmi ro hdmi, or even wirelessly if it has miracast, and much superior sound quality and compatibility with websites as well (can run java script and flash for example, iPhone can't)

But I guess you can play candy crush on iPhone...
    Candy crush can be sideloaded easily or installed directly by downloading in device.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 12:15 AM
    terrible screen ? the colors are better then the samsung S4 and also the Z30 screen is brighter. Compare icons or a movie I dont see any difference with a 720p movie or 1080p movie on S4 or HTC ONE.
    12-04-13 12:31 AM
    You should go on the other two fan boards and ask the same question.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    TGR1 likes this.
    12-04-13 12:39 AM
    My vote is for the Z30. I've used a lot of phones over the years, BB 8900, BB 9800, BB 9900, Z10, Q10, S3, LG G LTE, HTC One, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and the Z30. At first I thought the Z30 was going to be too big for me but it's perfect. The battery life is amazing, the build quality is great, the sound quality is awesome and 10.2.1 is icing on the cake.

If you want a phone for communication that'll last you all day and then some, then get the Z30. The more I use it the more I love it and I could honestly use any phone on the market today. Heck I've got an S4, LG G2 and the HTC One, but the Z30 is my go to phone because BlackBerry has built a phone for power users and it suits my needs better than anything else out there today.
    R Field and anon(6038817) like this.
    12-04-13 12:49 AM
    All your apps are there and everything you nee dis fantastic like the keyboard and yes twitter, Facebook and mail etc are all integrated in the hub.. but the anroid apps are fluent only if you have 10.2.1 leak which is easy to get and the battery is awesome with 10.2 it lasts 18 hours for me!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:32 AM
    Playbook is something else!
    iPhone, to me, if you are playing games, you should go for it.
    If you want a phone for work, with email, BBM, sharing functions, ... Z30 would be the best.
    I am using Z10, then I switched to Z30, now I am satisfied with my choice. Z30 is much much better than Z10 (in my opinion). I can use Z30 freely without worry about battery. Too great, isn't it?
    12-04-13 02:45 AM
    This thread made me want to buy a new Z30. May I know the price of this device please?
    12-04-13 03:51 AM
    For a "work" phone, for me, the ease of typing is the top priority. So, if your typing style is "BlackBerry " -- two thumbs, rapid typing in portrait mode, I think BlackBerry 10 on a Z30 or Z10 is superior.

Most folks I've seen that type well on iphones tend to type with one hand. If that's your style, then the iPhone is fine. I've tried out iphones and find I can type well one handed. But that's just not how I prefer to type.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    12-04-13 03:52 AM
    Z30 rocks hands down for business purposes, I use a nexus 7 for play time...
    12-04-13 04:21 AM
113 12345