Hi all,

I joined a new company. This place allows me to pick any phone I want so long as I pay the initial one time fee for the phone.

I am looking at the Z30 (had a playbook and really liked it and my wife has a Z10), iPhone 5S 32 gb or an android phone like the HTC One.

Price wise I would have to fork out $50 for the Z30, $300 for the 5S and nothing for an HTC One.

I have been trying to steer clear of android for a while (I feel it is insecure and messy) though the features, screens, and horse power of the models makes them ever more appealing.

I have been using iPads and iPods for years now and I like the apple experience, just not sure if I would like it for work.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from Z30 owners who have faced a similar decision.

Are you happy, any regrets with the Z30? Any concerns?

Many thanks
    12-03-13 11:08 AM
    Out of curiosity, who is your carrier? If you're with Bell Canada, for example, the Z30 is now $0 on a 2-year contract.
    wincyUt likes this.
    12-03-13 11:10 AM
    To tell the truth I am using Z30 for business and iPhone 5s for leasure..
    So far I enjoy more with the Z30

Posted via CB10
    aatali_2001 likes this.
    12-03-13 11:12 AM
    Wait a minute. You are willing to pay a $250 premium over a Z30 for a phone with a tiny screen, lousy keyboard, and poor all day battery life and you still need our opinion on why you should get a Z30 for business?

:lol:

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:26 AM
    The main difference between an ip5 and a z30 is this: to use your ip5 for over 8 hours you probably will have your screen brightness at the minimum and barely see anything.
    With the z30 you can set it at any brightness, and you could probably go two days without charging it lol.
    Not to mention the ip5 has a tiny screen, a joke of a keyboard and is an annoyance with needing iTunes on every machine you use.

The z30 also has miracast and an hdmi port, you can literally connect your phone to any TV with a simple micro hdmi ro hdmi, or even wirelessly if it has miracast, and much superior sound quality and compatibility with websites as well (can run java script and flash for example, iPhone can't)

But I guess you can play candy crush on iPhone...
    12-03-13 11:33 AM
    Battery life on Z30 is better than any handset period. It's unreal. Typing is a pleasure as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:36 AM
    As glimer4 said, z30 for work, iPhone for leisure.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-03-13 11:42 AM
    For business, it's GOT to be BlackBerry

From what I've seen, iOS is "email capable" but the experience has nothing on BB10. Although by admittedly I haven't tried iOS 7.

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 11:44 AM
    Just sold my 5s Gold. The only thing I miss is the finger print scanning thing in the home button. Anything you can do with HTC one you can do with z30 pretty much. I would go with z30, but if your an apple guy with a whole apple set up at home you may prefer the 5s.

Posted via CB10
    It should be clear the iPhone is a bad choice. Get the Z30, immediately install 10.2.1.1055 OS and you've got a great phone, great battery life, superior BB10 user experience, all BlackBerry native apps and thousands of Android apps.
    For business, it's GOT to be BlackBerry

From what I've seen, iOS is "email capable" but the experience has nothing on BB10. Although by admittedly I haven't tried iOS 7.

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    This is very true, I can't even count how many times I have recieved emails while sitting next to an iphoner, and I've heard them say "I can't see anything in the email!" or "it doesn't show properly I will wait to look at it on my computer", meanwhile I'm like "hey no worries check out the email on a real phone" and hand them my z30 to view it on, where it is displaying perfectly lol

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    12-03-13 11:46 AM
    Out of curiosity, who is your carrier? If you're with Bell Canada, for example, the Z30 is now $0 on a 2-year contract.
    It will be with Telus. I don't have a choice.
    12-03-13 12:27 PM
    Thanks all for your replies.

I use an iPod touch 5th gen at home and abroad for pics, surfing and apps. The apple Eco system has a great selection as you all know

Truth be told though for business I need something reliable that excels at communication (phone calls, email, and chat) which is why I was looking at the Z30.

Can anyone tell me how the android app support is these days? I spent many hours in the past side loading bar files onto my Playbook with very hit or miss results. A higher degree of "it works"! Would go along way in making up my mind.
    12-03-13 12:32 PM
    Thanks all for your replies.

I use an iPod touch 5th gen at home and abroad for pics, surfing and apps. The apple Eco system has a great selection as you all know

Truth be told though for business I need something reliable that excels at communication (phone calls, email, and chat) which is why I was looking at the Z30.

Can anyone tell me how the android app support is these days? I spent many hours in the past side loading bar files onto my Playbook with very hit or miss results. A higher degree of "it works"! Would go along way in making up my mind.
    With the newest leakedsoftware (10.2.1) a lot more .apk's work. so not only do they work more often, but you also won't have to convert to .bar
    12-03-13 12:43 PM
    I had doubts about the Z30. Liked the size of the Z10. After trying the Z30, I have no doubts and this is now my main phone. Love it.
    12-03-13 12:45 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry fan through and through. However, it's not necessarily for everyone. What MDM solution does your work use for secure email accessibility? It really depends what iOS solution they're using, as some have better capabilities than others...

For my work, I'm on a Z10 and love it. However, I'd jump at a chance to get a Z30.

Android when it comes to work is rubbish. iOS 7 is okay, but it really can't compete for business application to the Z30. As well, the battery life on the Z30, as mentioned as well, is stellar.

Good luck with your decision!
    12-03-13 12:54 PM
    Z30 is a monster when it comes to battery life. I would recommend it over iPhone as well for that and many other reasons. Of course I'm running 10.2.1.1055 and have the apps I need.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 12:57 PM
    Blackberry Hub and its virtual keyboard so far surpass the rest of other phone in term of simplifying your works. You will not regret getting Z30...I believe more options will be coming soon to BB10.
    12-03-13 12:58 PM
    Buy a z30 then if you can use the hotspot as wi-fi for your ipod for the apps you may need. The z30 is a great phone for work! The best part is the email and battery life. The screen is big so you can also use the Web to go to website and not use apps. I miss facetime and few apps. But I love my z30.

Good luck please let'us know what you pick.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 01:04 PM
    Yes I can certainly see where longer battery life would be a big plus. I've used my wife's Z10 and really liked the keyboard as well. I find the iOS one to be not bad at all. I once had a BB torch and hated the virtual keyboard on that. The os10 one seems a drastic improvement.
    12-03-13 01:04 PM
    I came from an iPhone to my z30. I don't regret my choice at the point. I still use my iPhone to play music on my music player and find the typing terrible compared to the z30. In terms of Internet surfing, email and text this phone is a beast . I would go with the z30 hands down considering the price you have to pay. I don't think you will regret it.

Posted via my Z30
    12-03-13 01:05 PM
    It should be clear the iPhone is a bad choice. Get the Z30, immediately install 10.2.1.1055 OS and you've got a great phone, great battery life, superior BB10 user experience, all BlackBerry native apps and thousands of Android apps.
    I have to think that OP's company isn't going to let them load a leaked OS on their device...
    rthonpm and vegetto_456 like this.
    12-03-13 01:39 PM
    Do you find priority hub useful in a business context?
    12-03-13 01:47 PM
    Now go ask your question in an iPhone and an Android forums, because if you ask in a blackberry forums what phone to choose, I can tell you already what will be the answer (z30) without reading the other comment.

By the way I'm a big blackberry fan, will never choose anything else, but for someone who don't know what to choose, they have to see the good thing about all world, not just from 1 world.
    12-03-13 01:56 PM
    Buy a z30 then if you can use the hotspot as wi-fi for your ipod for the apps you may need. The z30 is a great phone for work! The best part is the email and battery life. The screen is big so you can also use the Web to go to website and not use apps. I miss facetime and few apps. But I love my z30.

Good luck please let'us know what you pick.

Posted via CB10
    I second this setup! -- I have my Z30 - latest leak - and it works fantastic, and I have my ipod via the hotspot on my Z30 - works great and LTE connection!
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    12-03-13 01:57 PM
113 123 ...