I am moving to the Z30 and have had the Z10 for some time now. I am sure I have spent $100 or more on apps and was wondering if most/many of the apps will be able to run on my Z30 without having to purchase them again?
    Are there any other issues I should be concerned with?

Thanks in advance
    12-10-13 11:35 AM
    As long as you use the same BBID and that they are compatible with the Z30 you will be fine.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    12-10-13 11:39 AM
    The ones that are compatible may go over. Some of my PlayBook purchased apps came over to my Z10. It's all tied to your BBuid.

Posted via CB10
    Everything is linked to your bbid so they will all transfer. I just made the switch myself, actually

Posted via CB10
    And are you pleased with the Z30- I am concerned it will be too big. I have 3 days to try it

Everything is linked to your bbid so they will all transfer. I just made the switch myself, actually

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:47 AM
    First time I get my z30 from the box I thought it was to big but now I love it and Iphone Users bite Me

O all yours app will follow you 2 yours Z30 but you need to use the same Blackberry ID
    12-10-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks all -

My story about the Z30

So I have had trouble with the Z10 earpiece. I have had a crackle and diminishing volume in the ear piece. I have returned 2 phones and I am on my third. I called Verizon today and explained that I love my Z10 but have had a problem with all of them. After some conversation the support tech offered me a Q10 to replace it to see if that would be a better fit. I told her I love the touch screen and would rather have a Z30. She explained that they did not have the Z30. After a bit more friendly conversation she put me on hold, spoke to her supervisor and came back and said she would do the Z30 replacement free of charge! I paid $12.99 for over night shipping and it will be here tomorrow.
    I must say Verizon has treated me well with the BB - 3 Z10's with no hassles or charges and now a Z30.
    Thanks for the excellent customer support - too bad the Z10 has been a problem for me.
    12-10-13 11:51 AM
    I went from the Z10 to the Z30, and all my previously downloaded apps were in the available section of the app world, so I was able to download them again without buying them again.

As for the size of the Z30, I was also concerned about the size. To be honest, now when I hold a Z10 (which I originally thought was the perfect size), the Z10 now seems small and cheap in comparison to the Z30!!!! The first day or 2, the Z30 felt big....but like I said, now when I hold a Z10, it feels soooo small! The Z30 now feels perfect.
    12-10-13 11:53 AM
    If you backup the Z10 and restore to the Z30, you should get all your apps, even ones that developers may not have made available to the Z30 yet. You have to make sure the Z30 is on the same OS or a later OS than the Z10 to easily restore the Z10 backup to the Z30. The Z30 also has to be setup to the same BlackBerryID prior to the restore.

There is also the device switch wizard in Link, but you need to have both phones to use that method.
    BKillar likes this.
    12-10-13 12:40 PM
    If you backup the Z10 and restore to the Z30, you should get all your apps, even ones that developers may not have made available to the Z30 yet. You have to make sure the Z30 is on the same OS or a later OS than the Z10 to easily restore the Z10 backup to the Z30. The Z30 also has to be setup to the same BlackBerryID prior to the restore.

There is also the device switch wizard in Link, but you need to have both phones to use that method.
    This is one of the many reasons why apple maniacs don't want to leave their iPhone,so much money invested in apps and music.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-10-13 07:21 PM

I followed these steps and it was a painless transition

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 05:53 AM