Ok so I ordered a z30 from ebayer mobilepros1, it was supposed to come Monday, but when I got home from work tonight, it had already arrived. Naturally I was thrilled. At first.
    I'm not 100% sure this phone is new. The box was not sealed with the original BlackBerry Seal. It had been sliced open evenly, and a white label over it stating it was new, do not accept if not sealed, yadda, yadda, yadda. The UK and EU charges appeared new, the North American charger was missing. There was a usb cable, and a charger head for the US, but it was not a usb head, I don't know what sort of cable it could connect to. So...my questions....

1) webOS had a hidden setting you could go into to see if a phone was refurbished or if it had been activated before. Does BB have anything similar?

2) I wasn't expecting the phone this soon, and my Pre 3 sim card wont fit. Can I set it up over wifi and get a sim later today/tomorrow?

3) Since the phone I will have is unlocked version from Ebay. Will updates be pushed by my carrier (AT&T) or will I need to do them on my own? If I need to do them on my own does the phone give any notification when the time comes?

4) I've seen posts about loss of info after updates. When updates are done, do I have to reload contact information, etc?

5) I've read that sideloading android apps can make the phone less secure. I also have some android apps on my nook tablet that would make me uncomfortable on a phone. (Needing to have access to phone log for instance when it is not a communication related app.) Are those permissions still in place when sideloaded? Do apps submitted via the Black Berry app store tend to have similar permission requirements across platforms?

6) Are there any webOS developers who migrated to Black Berry and have apps in the app store? webOS devs were always so great, I'd like to support them if so.

7) I've read maps/navigation is poor. Will the at&t navigator work on the z30?

8) One of the patches in webOS allowed us to put spam numbers under "do not answer" contact and any numbers associated with it would automatically be rejected or sent to voicemail. Does Black Berry have anything similar?

Please be kind. I know some of this info is probably available on the forum,. I was planning on doing some research today/tomorrow on my day off before the phone arrived, but it got here early and since I have concerns about whether or not it's new, I figured I'd ask everything. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. I'm actually ok with a refurbished phone if they take enough of a discount off and send me the proper charger. Right now I'm charging on my pre charger. I was wondering why they were selling the z10 for more than the z30, I thought maybe the other one was more ind demand. I do have some other questions about webOS apps and their BB equivalent, but I'll ask about those once I get to check out the phone. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    09-07-14 02:35 AM
    I will get to your questions later, but please tell us, on the box, which version of STA have you bought?

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-07-14 02:50 AM
    I will get to your questions later, but please tell us, on the box, which version of STA have you bought?

The box info is covered up with a label. I've answered my question about wifi set up tho so the STA in the phone settings is 100-2. I've also answered the question about the update being pushed, it's downloading one now. I'm wondering if that changes once it's associated with a carrier tho.

From what I've read on the forum thus far, I am going to need 10.3 to be able to use plex and fitbit apps, so I'm wondering if I should let it update, or just figure out how to manually update.
    09-07-14 03:31 AM
    Hi STA 2 is for my region. You will get most ATT services but not LTE I think.

10.2.1 should work with fit bit, but, read up the leak OS area for the latest Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154.

Android apps are fine as they run within a shell.

Sukiyaki and jackboy1606 like this.
    09-07-14 03:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply. The ebay site said to check with carrier for LTE compatibility, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I don't think my current phone uses LTE either. Is your region the UK? I think I might be over reacting about the new condition. If they are importing these from the UK they may have just opened it to put in a US charger and put in the wrong one. I've examined the ports they don't appear to have been used. I'll send an email to the seller and report back. The reason that came to mind is that when I was typing out the word "Favorite" it wanted to add a u and spell it Favourite. The earbuds and everything else were new and sealed. I knew it didn't come with a sim card, and there is a label that covers that side of the box info and that label says imported. So I'm much calmer now. I just downloaded the user guide pdf, once the phone charges and updates all the way I'll play around with it.
    09-07-14 03:48 AM
    I miss WebOS nation and it's only writer, Derek Kessler.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell and MountainMike11 like this.
    09-07-14 06:13 AM
    As someone who loved webOS and their Pre3 (still use it as a wi-fi device often) I'm sure you'll enjoy BlackBerry 10 and the Z30. It's a great phone and great operating system that keeps getting better. I highly recommending downloading an autoloader for the OS 10.3.0.1154 leak and upgrading. It's an amazing upgrade and very stable at this point. I wouldn't worry about the box and the new condition as long as the phone works properly and is free from blemishes.

Unfortunately I can't think of any webOS devs that have apps for BlackBerry 10 except the Flixi app and the developer of Project Macaw considering porting it to BB10 (was just ported to Firefox OS also).

I recently used the BlackBerry Maps app for the first time on a 2200 mile trip and for the most part it works as well as you would expect. I found it annoying when it would tell me about an approaching turn several times or tell me to make a "legal u-turn" whenever I missed a turn for whatever reason. Oh and it uses traffic data to estimate arrival time and about once an hour or so updates that which always increased the ETA by ~10 minutes for me. That was frustrating. Never had any issues arriving at the correct destination though.

Be sure to sideload Snap (Google Play store) if you haven't read about it already and you can download the Google Maps app or buy the native Google Maps app called BeMaps Pro.

I believe there is a call blocker app either in beta testing now or recently released into the App World. There is a thread about it in the Apps forum.

Also I think in settings you will be able to change your location to US and it'll use the preferred spellings and currency.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-07-14 08:13 PM
    Another webos refugee! I too came from the pre 3 to the z10 I've had since launch. Bb10 has come a long way and I'm very pleased with it. With the z30 you have a great battery and should be a nice upgrade. Being able to toss an android app on if you need it is a great capability to have.

Plus... the browser. The browser is a huge upgrade from webos. Although I do miss having cards instead if browser "tabs".

Posted via CB10
    Sukiyaki and cbosdell like this.
    09-07-14 08:22 PM
    As someone who loved webOS and their Pre3 (still use it as a wi-fi device often) I'm sure you'll enjoy BlackBerry 10 and the Z30. It's a great phone and great operating system that keeps getting better. I highly recommending downloading an autoloader for the OS 10.3.0.1154 leak and upgrading. It's an amazing upgrade and very stable at this point. I wouldn't worry about the box and the new condition as long as the phone works properly and is free from blemishes.

Unfortunately I can't think of any webOS devs that have apps for BlackBerry 10 except the Flixi app and the developer of Project Macaw considering porting it to BB10 (was just ported to Firefox OS also).

I recently used the BlackBerry Maps app for the first time on a 2200 mile trip and for the most part it works as well as you would expect. I found it annoying when it would tell me about an approaching turn several times or tell me to make a "legal u-turn" whenever I missed a turn for whatever reason. Oh and it uses traffic data to estimate arrival time and about once an hour or so updates that which always increased the ETA by ~10 minutes for me. That was frustrating. Never had any issues arriving at the correct destination though.

Be sure to sideload Snap (Google Play store) if you haven't read about it already and you can download the Google Maps app or buy the native Google Maps app called BeMaps Pro.

I believe there is a call blocker app either in beta testing now or recently released into the App World. There is a thread about it in the Apps forum.

Also I think in settings you will be able to change your location to US and it'll use the preferred spellings and currency.
    devs- I recognized Jonathan Frazer and kalem soft, I haven't seen anyone else. The app world layout on the website is very poor. I don't like the load more page options, I wish they would just put how every many pages of apps there are. I was on my tablet and every time the page refreshed, I had to start loading apps from the beginning again.

I will have to take a better look at the maps app. When I launched it the voice announced it was getting the route, and I could see the text route, but it didn't give turn by turn directions, and it didn't give a street view. I didn't go through all the settings tho, so I may have over looked a lot.

I downloaded the amazon app store. The blackberry documentation said you could just enable third party downloads and then go directly to the googleplay or amazon site and download the apk. I didn't try google play, but amazon loaded up just fine, and I've downloaded and installed apps from there with no problem. I'm trying to get away from google, they only really have 2 apps I can't get anywhere else. Right now I'm just using them for email, contacts and calendar.

I saw a call blocker app, there was something in the description I didn't like but I can't recall what it was. The one we had for webOS let you reject a call where it would either hang up on it or send it to voicemail. The built in contact options looks like I'd be able to turn off notifications so it didn't ring or anything, but that would still send them to voicemail where I have to delete the messages.

I found the language settings yesterday, so I'm good on that front. I'm not too worried about the phone's new condition anymore, I figure if they had to put a US charger in it and take out the simcard that normally came they would have had to open it. The phone looks unused. As long as they send me the proper charger I'll give them a good review.

I'll be back later with my impressions and further questions. I still prefer webos, it really is much more intuitive than anything I've ever seen, but at least the gestures make it feel a little familiar. Right now the only thing it looks like I won't be able to do is transfer my text messages and memos. Memo's aren't a big deal. I know I can export the texts to a text file, but I wanted them on the new phone. I've had webOS since the first month it was released, so across 3 phones, everything just synced.
    kevets likes this.
    09-08-14 06:30 AM
    Another webos refugee! I too came from the pre 3 to the z10 I've had since launch. Bb10 has come a long way and I'm very pleased with it. With the z30 you have a great battery and should be a nice upgrade. Being able to toss an android app on if you need it is a great capability to have.

Plus... the browser. The browser is a huge upgrade from webos. Although I do miss having cards instead if browser "tabs".

Posted via CB10
    The battery is wonderful. I went to the pre 3 because my veer wouldn't hold a charge, and it was to the point it wasn't lasting all day, it was also using a lot of data the last two weeks, and I couldn't figure out the leak. I didn't want to doctor it because some of the apps on there I can't get anymore. Plus the browser was just slow. I'm looking forward to getting Opera again and having a choice of browsers. I haven't had that since the Treo755. I'm going to wait and try this browser out for a few days. I came across a book mark manager and also a homepage that will allow me to have thumbnails/layout similar to what we had in webOS.

One Issue I am having tho is that I can't get the aol webmail log in which is webmail.aol.com. It stopped working on my Pre 3, and it also doesn't work on the z30. It lets me log in and then just gives me an aol page with an image on it.
    09-08-14 06:35 AM
    cbosdell I replied to you earlier, for some reason it said my post needed to be moderated. I guess it will show up when it shows up.
    cbosdell likes this.
    09-08-14 06:36 AM
    BTW... best buy has some of their sd cards on sale. The 32GB card I bought was normally 97.99 on sale for 27.99 None of my local stores had them in stock tho.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-32gb-microsdhc-class-10-uhs-1-memory-card/3896301.p?id=1219094118638&skuId=3896301&st=catego ryid$abcat0404001&cp=1&lp=14

Compatible with most digital cameras, tablets and cell phones with a microSDHC slot
    So you can capture photos and store videos, music and more on the go.
    32GB storage capacity
    Holds plenty of files.
    Up to 45MB/sec. read and write speeds
    Allow quick photo editing and smooth high-definition video playback, as well as efficient file transfer.
    Waterproof, shockproof and x-ray proof
    For a durable design. Operates in temperatures ranging from -13� to 185� to help ensure safe use in extreme climates.
    SD adapter
    Enables capture and access of data with most devices that have a SD slot.
    09-08-14 07:24 AM
    Holy cow, I just signed into my old AOL account and had a flashback to like 9 years ago when I used AIM last. On my Z10 I did get a service error on the site trying to log on. However, switching to desktop mode lets me log in. It's under developer tools in the Browser settings. Must be something weird in the AOL mobile interface.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 07:26 AM
    Ok so I ordered a z30 from ebayer mobilepros1, it was supposed to come Monday, but when I got home from work tonight, it had already arrived. Naturally I was thrilled. At first.
    I'm not 100% sure this phone is new. The box was not sealed with the original BlackBerry Seal. It had been sliced open evenly, and a white label over it stating it was new, do not accept if not sealed, yadda, yadda, yadda. The UK and EU charges appeared new, the North American charger was missing. There was a usb cable, and a charger head for the US, but it was not a usb head, I don't know what sort of cable it could connect to. So...my questions....

1) webOS had a hidden setting you could go into to see if a phone was refurbished or if it had been activated before. Does BB have anything similar?

2) I wasn't expecting the phone this soon, and my Pre 3 sim card wont fit. Can I set it up over wifi and get a sim later today/tomorrow?

3) Since the phone I will have is unlocked version from Ebay. Will updates be pushed by my carrier (AT&T) or will I need to do them on my own? If I need to do them on my own does the phone give any notification when the time comes?

4) I've seen posts about loss of info after updates. When updates are done, do I have to reload contact information, etc?

5) I've read that sideloading android apps can make the phone less secure. I also have some android apps on my nook tablet that would make me uncomfortable on a phone. (Needing to have access to phone log for instance when it is not a communication related app.) Are those permissions still in place when sideloaded? Do apps submitted via the Black Berry app store tend to have similar permission requirements across platforms?

6) Are there any webOS developers who migrated to Black Berry and have apps in the app store? webOS devs were always so great, I'd like to support them if so.

7) I've read maps/navigation is poor. Will the at&t navigator work on the z30?

8) One of the patches in webOS allowed us to put spam numbers under "do not answer" contact and any numbers associated with it would automatically be rejected or sent to voicemail. Does Black Berry have anything similar?

Please be kind. I know some of this info is probably available on the forum,. I was planning on doing some research today/tomorrow on my day off before the phone arrived, but it got here early and since I have concerns about whether or not it's new, I figured I'd ask everything. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. I'm actually ok with a refurbished phone if they take enough of a discount off and send me the proper charger. Right now I'm charging on my pre charger. I was wondering why they were selling the z10 for more than the z30, I thought maybe the other one was more ind demand. I do have some other questions about webOS apps and their BB equivalent, but I'll ask about those once I get to check out the phone. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    1. I have no idea, there is an escreen (engineering) which I assume should show up time unaffected by security wipes etc) but maybe someone else can answer that).

2. That's fine. You can setup everything over wifi including bbm and emails.

3. I think the sta 100-1 was meant for At&t ? So I think you either use another network provider's sim or you can use destructive or a non destructive update where you can find links on here.

4. No, you just have to reenter all your email passwords. To be safe always back up on BlackBerry link before updates.

5. If it's an android app it has the same permission requirements that can't be unchanged. Though can use appOps which is on android 4.3 and available on 10.3.
    All native BlackBerry apps you can choose what permissions you allow.

6. 7 No idea

8. There are Callblocker apps on BlackBerry world but don't know how well it works.

Posted via CB10
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 07:40 AM
    4. You do lose many things in an OS update.

BlackBerry doesn't tell you about the loss.

Crackberry forums might have it documented somewhere.

Here are some things that I remember having lost:
    SMS
    Email drafts, originated in the phone
    (not losing email drafts originated from another place, but losing any mods you may have written in the phone)

Posted via CB10
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 01:19 PM
    devs- I recognized Jonathan Frazer and kalem soft, I haven't seen anyone else. The app world layout on the website is very poor. I don't like the load more page options, I wish they would just put how every many pages of apps there are. I was on my tablet and every time the page refreshed, I had to start loading apps from the beginning again.

I will have to take a better look at the maps app. When I launched it the voice announced it was getting the route, and I could see the text route, but it didn't give turn by turn directions, and it didn't give a street view. I didn't go through all the settings tho, so I may have over looked a lot.

I downloaded the amazon app store. The blackberry documentation said you could just enable third party downloads and then go directly to the googleplay or amazon site and download the apk. I didn't try google play, but amazon loaded up just fine, and I've downloaded and installed apps from there with no problem. I'm trying to get away from google, they only really have 2 apps I can't get anywhere else. Right now I'm just using them for email, contacts and calendar.

I saw a call blocker app, there was something in the description I didn't like but I can't recall what it was. The one we had for webOS let you reject a call where it would either hang up on it or send it to voicemail. The built in contact options looks like I'd be able to turn off notifications so it didn't ring or anything, but that would still send them to voicemail where I have to delete the messages.

I found the language settings yesterday, so I'm good on that front. I'm not too worried about the phone's new condition anymore, I figure if they had to put a US charger in it and take out the simcard that normally came they would have had to open it. The phone looks unused. As long as they send me the proper charger I'll give them a good review.

I'll be back later with my impressions and further questions. I still prefer webos, it really is much more intuitive than anything I've ever seen, but at least the gestures make it feel a little familiar. Right now the only thing it looks like I won't be able to do is transfer my text messages and memos. Memo's aren't a big deal. I know I can export the texts to a text file, but I wanted them on the new phone. I've had webOS since the first month it was released, so across 3 phones, everything just synced.
    I completely forgot about those two devs which is funny since I use KalemSoft fairly often. Here is the thread about the caller blocker app I was thinking of: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...k-logs-947648/ It says it needs OS 10.3 but I'm not sure about that.

Speaking of 10.3 if you're at all interested in upgrading to it here is the thread for 10.3.0.1154 which is currently the latest version:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1154-a-956908/

Just download the Z30 autoloader, connect your phone to the computer, and run the autoloader. It will wipe your device and load the newer OS.

The Amazon app store is decent and with 10.3 will be included in the OS but personally I prefer Snap since it's a native app and there is a much larger selection of apps as well as it letting you save the apk file. But if Amazon fits your needs then that's great.

I'm guessing it's not able to import the webOS text message backup but BlackBerry has an app called SMS Backup which is really awesome for backing up and restoring all your sms/mms conversations. I use it every time I wipe my phone and load a new OS.

I prefer webOS also but BlackBerry 10 is a close second. I've never been able to get into Android or Windows Phone and while iOS is a lot better than it used to be I felt too constrained and bored with the OS and hardware after a while. I would love an option or mod to get webOS style cards including stacked cards on BB10. There are so many things about webOS that are so intuitive and years later no one else has gotten entirely right.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 03:45 PM
    Holy cow, I just signed into my old AOL account and had a flashback to like 9 years ago when I used AIM last. On my Z10 I did get a service error on the site trying to log on. However, switching to desktop mode lets me log in. It's under developer tools in the Browser settings. Must be something weird in the AOL mobile interface.
    Wow...thanks for taking the time to test it out and duplicate the issue. You actually solved two issues for me. I couldn't find anywhere how to change it to allow desktop sites. Now I have desktop sites AND am able to check aol. I have close to 10,000 emails on there and didn't want to set up the phone to retrieve them.
    09-08-14 09:07 PM
    I completely forgot about those two devs which is funny since I use KalemSoft fairly often. Here is the thread about the caller blocker app I was thinking of: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...k-logs-947648/ It says it needs OS 10.3 but I'm not sure about that.

Speaking of 10.3 if you're at all interested in upgrading to it here is the thread for 10.3.0.1154 which is currently the latest version:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1154-a-956908/

Just download the Z30 autoloader, connect your phone to the computer, and run the autoloader. It will wipe your device and load the newer OS.

The Amazon app store is decent and with 10.3 will be included in the OS but personally I prefer Snap since it's a native app and there is a much larger selection of apps as well as it letting you save the apk file. But if Amazon fits your needs then that's great.

I'm guessing it's not able to import the webOS text message backup but BlackBerry has an app called SMS Backup which is really awesome for backing up and restoring all your sms/mms conversations. I use it every time I wipe my phone and load a new OS.

I prefer webOS also but BlackBerry 10 is a close second. I've never been able to get into Android or Windows Phone and while iOS is a lot better than it used to be I felt too constrained and bored with the OS and hardware after a while. I would love an option or mod to get webOS style cards including stacked cards on BB10. There are so many things about webOS that are so intuitive and years later no one else has gotten entirely right.
    Thanks . I will check out the callblocker app. I'm going to eventually upgrade to 10.3 but I'm going to hold off for a minute. Some of the apps I downloaded had recent reviews that said they were not working under 10.3, tho from what I've read on here most people are reporting better function.

I also downloaded an app called Life In Pocket, and it brings up the streetview turn by turn directions I was missing before. AT&T navigator and telnav do not work with the z30 so I'm going to have to rely on the maps, which isn't a problem. It works off the maps program, so it also has to be there somewhere, I just need to look into it once I've had more sleep. I'm actually ok with just the text directions, it's similar to the maps program that replaced google maps on webOS.
    09-08-14 09:14 PM
    BlackBerry Maps has turn by turn, voice guidance and street view, I use it all the time. You just didn't go far enough inside the app. Play around some more it's really simple to use.

Posted via CB10
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 09:36 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I have a few more questions. Instead of starting a new thread in the apps/software section I'll ask them here in the hopes that it helps someone else coming over from webOS . I read the webOS threads on here so far, and they didn't really have the info I was looking for in them. This way anyone searching for webOS can find a little more info.

I figure we are not going to be able to name launcher pages, and I see there is an icon limit of how many will actually go on a page before creating a new one, but is there a way to add more pages? The universal search (feels like webOS! ) is very helpful, but I'd like to have more pages so I can sort my icons by subject/similar groups.

I've seen several themes in the app store, do any of the BB themes allow you to skin the dialpad? I miss my blue dialpad.

Is there a way to keep notifications from facebook, but not get notifications for requests to play games?

For the browser, I see I can display bookmarks by list or thumbnail, but none of the thumbnails have pictures or screen caps of the site, is this normal or is there something I have to do to enable it?

Is there a way to change the clock to a digital version?
    Never mind. I found it. I could have sworn I looked at the clock settings and didn't see it there yesterday.

Does anyone know of a replacement for Mezzoman? It's an app that maps the midway point between two locations and gives recommendations for meet up places midway through, so you can meet in the middle, so to speak.

Apps...
    I'm thrilled to be able to get igrann pro. I'll probably never even post on instagram, but I've had app envy for the LONGEST. )

I haven't tried all these out yet, and probably won't until next week, but this is what I've found so far:

My homepage:
    My Homepage - BlackBerry World

I haven't tried out any new browsers . The native one is plenty fast, but I still want something that feels like home. This homepage app looks like it will give the look and feel of the webOS browser, with the thumbnails on the browser home page. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure how many icons it will allow or if it will let you add as many as you like. The instructions look like it may be more involved that just entering web address and having it auto create the icon, as it gave instructions on how to create your own icons, so I'll check it out this weekend. I'm also considering this bookmark manger, but I'll see how the My hompage works out first: Bookmark Pro - BlackBerry World

Price Cruncher (Amazon App Store). Replacement for Best Price app:
    Amazon.com: Unit Price Comparison Calculator & Shopping List - Price Cruncher: Appstore for Android

I'm going to see if I can find one "cuter" tho. I like bright colors.

Tapatalk(Amazon App Store). Replacement for Forums app:
    Amazon.com: Tapatalk: Appstore for Android

Life In Pocket and Spotcast. Replacements for Where app:

LifeInPocket GPS + Navigation - FREE - BlackBerry World

Spotcast - BlackBerry World

I like the layout of spotcast better. It searches for gas stations, and will list address, give hours and phone number & driving directions, but no gas prices (at least not that I've seen).

Life in Pocket gives gas prices, but it looks like they may be pulling info from Gas Buddy, prices aren't always accurate, and I find they match whatever Gas Buddy has at the moment. The where app was ALWAYS accurate.

I haven't see a twitter client I like yet. The mobile built in client I don't care for, tho I love the notifications in the hub. This will take the place of getting text messages that someone followed or mentioned me or whatever. I can now use the desktop site thanks to Kevets, but the print is very small. Right now I'm opting for Tweet Caster (amazon app store) as it has a blue and white theme similar to the old tweed app (colorwise anyway). It lags when starting up, and goes back to the start up splash screen periodically and lags some more. If I decide to use it full time I'll get the pro version: Amazon.com:*Customer Reviews: TweetCaster for Twitter (and Facebook)

Ads on this platform is annoying. On webOS even if there were adds they blended into the app and didn't disrupt the experience, not so w/ BB10.

Neatly (twitter client) on BB is also nice. I just wish I could make the font bolder. I've noticed most apps will allow you to change the size of the font, but not the boldness.:Neatly For Twitter - BlackBerry World

What's For Dinner app. Not native to BB, but can get it from amazon app store:

Free: http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Dinner-L...UvbUpU10817182

Paid: Amazon.com: What's for Dinner? Premium - Recipe Cookbook and Shopping List: Appstore for Android

That's all I have for right now. I'll be back tho.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09-08-14 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
    09-08-14 10:31 PM
    BlackBerry Maps has turn by turn, voice guidance and street view, I use it all the time. You just didn't go far enough inside the app. Play around some more it's really simple to use.

Posted via CB10
    Any idea how much of a hit the maps app puts on a data plan? I've got 24 days left in my billing cycle and I was already at 1.3 of my 2.0 Gig plan. I did all the updates and most of the downloads over wifi, and part of that may have been from my other phone as it was causing me issues, but I forgot to take a look at what my usage was before I started using the z30. I also did several speed tests to see what I was getting (4g!!) which won't be part of my normal usage going forward.
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 09-08-14 at 10:55 PM.
    09-08-14 10:36 PM
    I figure we are not going to be able to name launcher pages, and I see there is an icon limit of how many will actually go on a page before creating a new one, but is there a way to add more pages? The universal search (feels like webOS! ) is very helpful, but I'd like to have more pages so I can sort my icons by subject/similar groups.
    Universal search is great! I wish there was a way to add a couple more icons to the bottom bar for easy access along with it. multiple pages for folders is actually one of the improvements in OS 10.3. It's a lot better plus you are able to fit an extra row of icons one each page.

Is there a way to keep notifications from facebook, but not get notifications for requests to play games?
    I wish. Game notifications are so annoying but I don't think there is a way to customize that.

I'm thrilled to be able to get igrann pro. I'll probably never even post on instagram, but I've had app envy for the LONGEST. )
    iGrann Pro is awesome. I've showed it to several friends on iOS/Android and they're usually really impressed with it especially the dark theme and extra features.

Ads on this platform is annoying. On webOS even if there were adds they blended into the app and didn't disrupt the experience, not so w/ BB10.
    I agree with this. I can't stand having ads in apps on my phone in general but on BB10 they seem to be even more annoying.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    09-08-14 11:37 PM
    Universal search is great! I wish there was a way to add a couple more icons to the bottom bar for easy access along with it. multiple pages for folders is actually one of the improvements in OS 10.3. It's a lot better plus you are able to fit an extra row of icons one each page.

Ahh...now THIS will make me upgrade...lol... I think I'll wait until the weekend tho.
    cbosdell likes this.
    09-08-14 11:58 PM
    Any idea how much of a hit the maps app puts on a data plan? I've got 24 days left in my billing cycle and I was already at 1.3 of my 2.0 Gig plan. I did all the updates and most of the downloads over wifi, and part of that may have been from my other phone as it was causing me issues, but I forgot to take a look at what my usage was before I started using the z30. I also did several speed tests to see what I was getting (4g!!) which won't be part of my normal usage going forward.
    I used the maps app on a ~2200 mile road trip this month and it's used 172.2 MB of data according to the device monitor so it's not too bad.
    09-09-14 02:51 AM
    Hot damn! I just discovered that I can pair my z30 phone with my HP touchpad for calls and texts. This may be old news for y'all but I'm thrilled.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-18-14 06:33 AM
27 12