Had an interesting couple of conversations today.

First with AT&T Customer Service rep. She was searching for quite a while to get me any information on Z30 availability. She came up with a memo or something that said the Z30 would be introduced in June 2014 and that AT&T would offer it in November.

Second, the Verizon rep. This guy was GREAT and I didn't have to hold forever. He picked after one ring. He's loving the BB10 OS also. But I went ahead and placed my transfer order, he helped me purchase a cheap case so he could get the activation fee waived.

So I'm expecting the phone on Wednesday. Couldn't be more happy!
    Mr.Monty and geekaren like this.
    02-23-14 03:20 PM
    Congratulations. I love mine

What phone are you currently using?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:37 PM
    A Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:21 PM
    Saxxman, I don't want to be a Debbie downer, but I think he played you in that one. Verizon has been offering free activation for at least the past week and it is slotted to go through 31 Mar. I'd call back and see if you could get bill credit for the case for "false advertising". BTW, welcome to Verizon. I'm thinking if picking up the Z30 myself within the next few weeks as well to replace the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 05:49 PM
    Moved from ATT to Verizon for Z30 and better service. Good call on both. Network has been rock solid LTE up and down East coast and Z30, well, it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. You will never look back. ATT really blew it on this one. JMHO.
    02-23-14 06:01 PM
    I'm on Verizon, ordered my phone online and activated it at home and have been in love ever since..

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    02-23-14 06:25 PM
    I'm looking to get a Z30 off-contract to go with my Q10 work horse.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    02-25-14 04:22 AM
    Had an interesting couple of conversations today.

First with AT&T Customer Service rep. She was searching for quite a while to get me any information on Z30 availability. She came up with a memo or something that said the Z30 would be introduced in June 2014 and that AT&T would offer it in November.

Second, the Verizon rep. This guy was GREAT and I didn't have to hold forever. He picked after one ring. He's loving the BB10 OS also. But I went ahead and placed my transfer order, he helped me purchase a cheap case so he could get the activation fee waived.

So I'm expecting the phone on Wednesday. Couldn't be more happy!
    That's a great story & I'm happy to hear about a positive experience with a rep in the US!!

Keith H. Posted by CB10 from my Z10.
    02-25-14 07:15 PM
    I went to a Verizon store to possibly hook up a line since I don't get service at work(tmobile). It's not that tmobiles bad, I just work in a very big shop and Barrington residents are anal, so only Verizon has a tower in the city. They made no mention of the special for 99( z30) and also wanted me to sign a 2 year contract at 100 a month for 2gb LTE with overage over 2gb-1 line.

I currently pay 160 for 5 lines unlimited everything and 3 lines have 3gb each. Anything over the LTE gb limit reverts to EDGE but doesn't cost a dime. They said if I switched all my lines, and I traded in my phones, they'd offer 100 per trade in but nothing more since I don't have termination fees(better off eBaying my 2 z10s, 2 note 2s and iPhone 4s). 5 lines sharing 10gb with overages over 10 gb would cost me close to 320 a month plus taxes and fees. If I did their non contract 5 line plan, it's an addition 100 bucks.

I secretly just wanted to get the z30 and test the new antenna. The reps knew nothing about blackberries. I had to teach them a few things actually. Needless to say, I walked out a tmobile customer still.

Hope you had a better experience!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:41 PM
    Nice, I just recently made the switch from Z10 to the Z30 and so far loving it.
    I just bought mine off eBay and inserted my AT&T sim.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:43 AM
    AT&T to offer it in November. That is terrible news...
    02-26-14 04:46 AM
    Yes it is. That actually gives Verizon their exclusive for a whole year!

But how accurate was she? I don't know.
    02-26-14 07:14 AM
    AT&T to offer it in November. That is terrible news...
    That memo is clearly old and wrong. Says the Z30 will be announced June 2014 when it's already released world wide.

There will be a brand new high end BlackBerry in November. If AT&T doesn't get the Z30 by the summer they aren't getting it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:41 PM
    Announced in June 2014?!?!? If that is true, I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

Hopefully she was just reading old press releases lying around the office...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 05:50 PM