Anyone ever had issues moving large folders around on their micro SD cards in their Z30.

I have a 64GB SanDisk. I keep an older folder on it labeled 9900, from my old phone, with things like photos, videos, and documents. Yesterday I felt like moving the folders around, and when I did. The folder change locations, but none of the files. I couldn't figure it out, and last night cleared off the card, and reloaded it, except that folder, which I used a backup. Which was ok, since it's basically an archive, there were no new files in it.

Today. I tried again, but the same thing. When I tap on the folder I moved this morning, it says "Folder unavailable, no such file or directory".

I can't think of another time this has even happened. The folder I was moving was about 900mb. This time I moved it. And didn't use my phone for a few minutes incase it needed to strain to finish it. Anyone has this happen before?

Tonight I will do the same, and just move the folder to the new location. It's just annoying because it takes like 30 mins to move off, then another 30 mins back on, since it's mostly photos.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    09-29-16 10:45 AM
    Moving large folders is restricted by available RAM. For a very folder, the solution is to copy to the new location then delete old version.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    09-29-16 10:51 AM
    I am of the opinion that moving should not take that long as it doesn't physically move the files. It simply "repoints" the location. Similar to adjusting FAT (file allocation table) on a PC. I just moved 3 folders on my Z30, each containing over 1GB of files (over 3GB in total) in one action. Move was instant. Did same with folder containing over 2GB of photos, again instant.

I suspect there could be an issue with the SD card. I have had to return a Sandisk 64GB card in past when similarly weird actions were occurring. E.g. Deleted files/directories would reappear and newly copied files/directories would dissappear. This would happen whether done on the phone itself or removed and done in a USB adapter attached directly to a PC.

Replacing the card solved all the problems.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 10:06 PM
    I had similar issues using Sandisk 64gb, never buy it again. Now I always buy Lexar, so far so good.

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    10-02-16 06:30 AM
    simple just compress the folder and move it
    10-02-16 07:08 AM
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Maybe it is the card. If it keeps happening. I will get another one.

Though to be honest, I've only had good things to say about SanDisk cards. Probably own a couple dozen SD and micro SD cards with no issues. But I guess there's always a first time.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    10-03-16 10:10 AM