So i've been with BB since 9000, up until the s3 released. Got a promotion from telus (as i sold cellphones) and enjoyed it (too an extent) Soon as the q10 dropped, got that and was delighted. Only major draw back, probably as others was the apps feature - but i don't use many apps to begin with. Really, i want thed the q10 for messaging, which it did brilliant. my only draw back was instgram, side loaded.

not sure if anyone else this problem where when you would type, it would combine all the words. ie: pokerandbeer.
    but when you tried to delete and retype it would come out as: pokernightandbeerpoker
    it would bring up the last words written. but people with the z10, didn't have that problem. i figure because it worked off a full screen (z10) vs q10 being shrunk due to screen size.

anyways, i had some glitch issues and swapped to the s4.

really missing my q10, i'm trying to get back, but apparently where i need to exchange the phone, no one has the q10 at this point.

HOWEVER, they have the z30. Main reason i don't want is the touch...even though this is the way of the market. I feel like an old man groaning about all touch, but there's nothing quiet like a keyboard.

so since the z30 is available, is it worth hopping onto.

i've read cb review, seems not bad. the battery not being external is not a major, but when and if the phone freezes, how would you shut down the system? just hold the power.
    and as for side loading, as anyone put any other appps on there? also how does instagram load?

for those who are running the z30, how does it handle? i don't think i'll be getting the q10 as i have been waiting about 2 weeks for stock for telus to come in...but my only means is to travel far out of my to get one...and then there is no guarantee they will have in store.
    10-18-13 07:32 AM
    You should keep in mind there is a native Instagram app called iGrann in development. Even though it is a 3rd party app, it is said to support at least photo uploading. This app is also developed to work flawlessly on the QWERTY phones.

Just because of troublesome Instagram sideloading I wouldn't personally switch the device just yet. Unless you absolutely can't live without Instagram functionality.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    bluetroll likes this.
    10-18-13 08:01 AM
    Yeah! IGrann is coming. I'm looking forward to ditching the sideload and go with a native version.

Best part is that the developer is making the app free!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:31 AM
    i can still get around IG.

It's more I miss the blackberry. The security, the simplicity, preety much flawless. It's done what it was set to do.

I'm debating on getting the z30, use it for a few months i guess and see.

How is the keyboard on the z10, does it react better than the samsungs? I don't like their feel, they jumble, and the word prediction is useless too. plus no spell checker...and you call this a smartphone?
    10-18-13 08:32 AM
    Yeah! IGrann is coming. I'm looking forward to ditching the sideload and go with a native version.

Best part is that the developer is making the app free!

Posted via CB10
    sounds dope!!

how's your z10 running?
    10-18-13 08:33 AM
    Simply said, the Z30 is a thing of beauty. I'm loving mine.
    playbookster and mani87 like this.
    10-18-13 10:23 AM
    Hi,

I have come from a Bold 9900, 9790, 9700,8300 family, but when the Z10 came out I decided, nervously to give it a try, I have tried Android and Apple phones and was not a fan of the touch screen. I decdied to give the Zed a try, giving it a while to have me figure it out, well I have to say that the typing experience on the Zed is far superior to the Apple or Android, I could type very fast having been on QWERTY phones for many years and the Bold has a fantastic keyboard, however I found that within a short while of a couple weeks I was typig faster on the Zed than I every could on the 9900, as a matter of fact about 6 months after I got the Zed my work issued me a 9900 and I have serious trouble using the keyboard now, the Zed's keyboard is fantastic once you learn the quick tricks, like if it constantly misspells a word, you just type it in three or four times and the memory uses the one you typed, great for weird place names, streets and peoples names, or custom technical words. the prediction is very good and it learns you style so the mistakes are fewer and fewer as time goes on. With the Zed 30 they even have different sounds for space bar and such so you know when you have hit the right key.

to me go with the ZED30 it is a premium quality phone with great features and BlackBerry is working hard on the OS, to polish it, it is way better today than when it arrived in January, the speed that they are improving the OS is quite amazing actually comparing to android and iPhone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=L3tq3C8lIzA

Take a look at this
    Last edited by rockivy; 10-18-13 at 11:27 AM.
    mani87 likes this.
    10-18-13 11:17 AM
    Hi,

I have come from a Bold 9900, 9790, 9700,8300 family, but when the Z10 came out I decided, nervously to give it a try, I have tried Android and Apple phones and was not a fan of the touch screen. I decdied to give the Zed a try, giving it a while to have me figure it out, well I have to say that the typing experience on the Zed is far superior to the Apple or Android, I could type very fast having been on QWERTY phones for many years and the Bold has a fantastic keyboard, however I found that within a short while of a couple weeks I was typig faster on the Zed than I every could on the 9900, as a matter of fact about 6 months after I got the Zed my work issued me a 9900 and I have serious trouble using the keyboard now, the Zed's keyboard is fantastic once you learn the quick tricks, like if it constantly misspells a word, you just type it in three or four times and the memory uses the one you typed, great for weird place names, streets and peoples names, or custom technical words. the prediction is very good and it learns you style so the mistakes are fewer and fewer as time goes on. With the Zed 30 they even have different sounds for space bar and such so you know when you have hit the right key.

to me go with the ZED30 it is a premium quality phone with great features and BlackBerry is working hard on the OS, to polish it, it is way better today than when it arrived in January, the speed that they are improving the OS is quite amazing actually comparing to android and iPhone.

The new BlackBerry Z30: BlackBerry 10, amplified - YouTube

Take a look at this
    CHEERS FOR THAT!!

I had the same experience when I left my 9900 for the s3. I'm already a terrible speller, but with this i was worse. Afte a messager i had to follow up with a corrected spelling one.

I'm gaining a lot more on the z30 (as i'm still trying to hunt down a q10. apparently one store has about an hour away, and 1 left!!!) unless it sells, think i'll go with the z30.

But if they keyboard is as full as you say, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Lets see what happens.

Cheers again for the review on it. It's hard to shake away from the keyboard though (9000, 9700, 9780, 9900, q10) it's just simple and straight forward. Even though the rumors are this and that, i think they can stand strong. If they can roll out the apps, they'll be fine.

Some minor draw backs after reading other reviews (ie camera) which are some weird things. Such as i found my 9780 took way better pictures than my 9900. And some of simple they had (multi leds, creating your own sound profile) i hope will follow shortly.
    10-18-13 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD