Can someone who has done this or has personal experience kindly exlain to me if it is possible to and how you were able to:

Use a BB10 powered device like a Z30 to make powerpoint presentations?

I want to be able to without lugging a laptop thru airports and travels to make powerpoint presentations using only my Z30.

Besides the standard picture and slides, I want me presentation to have music as well.

Armed with a Z30 and HDMI cable, can this be done? If it matters, I also have a Playbook if that is required.

Thanks
    11-22-13 02:05 PM
    Wasn't there an app just announced by blackberry that did just this? I think it's in beta

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-22-13 02:09 PM
    I would say download BlackBerry Express and use it, but seeing as you need music in it too, I don't know what I should recommend
    I have used Kingsoft Office to make one back on 10.1 (was a little sluggish to make tho)

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:12 PM
    I have done several presentations from my Z10 and one from my Z30. Micro hdmi to hdmi cable was all I needed.

I did both Powerpoint presentations and training using the browser, etc.

I did not however do anything with music. I do not believe the powerpoint app (docs to go) on BB10 can handle music files.

But there is not reason that you couldn't just play an mp3 with the music player while you are doing the presentation. The audio will pass through the hdmi connection to the tv speakers.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:13 PM
    Oh kasmitb, awesome.

So I have all I need. HDMI cable and my z30.

Does the Z30 act like a remote?

I can run any PowerPoint file correct? Doesn't matter if it's created from my pc?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:32 PM
    Obviously you should test first.. But yes I think you have what you need.

You simply swipe the screen on the Z30 to advance slides.

I have created several powerpoints on my PC and used them on BB10.

But you should run through the powerpoint on the device as a test to make sure everything displays properly before going into your meeting.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:43 PM
    Awesome thanks.

I was wondering to help my pitch be more effective as I like to move around during my pitch if I can buy a miracast wi-fi adapter and plug that into the HDMI port of the screen.

That way, I can keep my BlackBerry in hand and present without being attached to a wire.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 02:55 PM
    I want to try the miracast option as well. Post back and let us know how things go

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:02 PM
    Freaking no one here in the stores so far in Vancouver has heard of miracast

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:22 PM
    Is this miracast dongle the same as the google Chrome cast dongle?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 05:29 PM
    Go to Future Shop, Robson at Granville.

Straight to the back under the TVs are some of those Panasonic Miracast units.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:54 PM
    I was just there at lunch today. The F'ing salesman told me to go to The Source as they don't carry that nor has he ever saw it in the store. I told them I was told to go to future shop.

He said I was misinformed.

I'm going back to misinformed his face.

Thanks for the heads up on where to find the product. I'll shove the one I don't buy up that guys @ss

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 12:40 AM
    I also found out from this forum that if u long press a slide on ppt, it will short vibrate and a virtual laser pointer will appear.

Its very useful.

Via my Z30&Q10
    11-23-13 12:47 AM
    I do PowerPoint on my notebook...save it as a pdf...blue tooth it to my Z30...present in adobe reader in "single page" setting...I can then email or blue tooth it to participants...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 08:08 AM
    I got a Miracast adapter at Micro Center here in the states. Phone stores won't have them but electronics stores might. I searched the Micro Center Web page on my Z30 and showed the kid at the store who had never heard of it. The Web page showed 2 in stock and he looked up their location. Oh, and it works great.

As to the presentation, if you want to just run it Story Maker would be a good choice. But for interactive, Express with Radio Player+ running in the background tuned to something like psyradio * fm - progressive. Although using streaming House will be unpredictable. Or just create and play a playlist in Music.
    11-23-13 09:28 AM
    Thanks guys.

I didn't even think about PDF as an option.

I prefer PowerPoint though as you can have slide animation.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:20 AM