I just wanted to know whether any of the other users aware of this issue, not necessarily a problem but just a query. Now I have previously used a Z10 (STL100-1) so I had no 4G/LTE to make a comparison, and I have switched from 2G(EDGE) and 3G/H+, I see the Blackberry logo appearing.

However, now on the Z30. I am on 4G/3G/2G most of the time. But even though the Z30 with its fantastic battery life, sometimes we forget to charge and when running low to save batt, running on 2G/EDGE might help to conserve battery. So far with the Z30, I have been unable to get mobile data on any mode that does not have 4G.

It's that a common problem? Have anyone else encountered it? I have been updating leaks upon release and it seems like a common happening across whether leak or official release.
    04-03-14 10:27 PM
    It's carrier dependent, I still have data access through 3G but no longer through 2G. There will be a time when 3G will no longer carry data. It's how the carrier is managing their spectrum.
    04-04-14 02:12 AM
    Went camping with the Cubs last weekend at Cypress Mountain north of Vancouver, BC. Cell coverage was extremely poor on Telus Mobility, but when I did connect it was via 3G and my phone would 'come to life' as the emails flooded in.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:50 AM
    Well, the STL100-1 works here in Malaysia, and they have support up till H+, so i'm sure the carriers here should be supporting 3G. Unless LTE devices can't work on it, which doesn't make sense either. Phones on other operating systems don't seem to have such issues though.

Still a curious cat over this matter.
    05-30-14 03:52 AM