04-18-14 10:30 PM
27 12
tools
    I'm actually looking to put a dongle on a tablet (specifically my playbook); would this work? I want to play netflix off my Q10 and transfer it to a tablet for my kids (to use while they are in the car). If I can get this to work, I wouldn't have to get a tablet with a data plan, i'd just mirror it from my phone. Does anyone know if these dongles will work on a tablet (or if there are any tablets that work as the receiver instead of the transmitter)?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:27 AM
    Awesome thanks for the info, definitely let us know how netflix is, if it works well I'll probably pick one up.

Z30 and waiting for BB10 SLIDER
    Netflix worked reasonably well. Sitting my Z30 on my coffee table about 6 - 7 feet from the dongle seemed to work okay with stable audio and video - watchable, but not quite as smooth as direct HDMI cable connection. Moving beyond that to 8 - 9 feet and I started to encounter problems with video and audio. At 9 feet, audio stopped working and did not resume until I disconnected and reconnected. This did not happen every time, but I did reproduce it twice while testing.

All in all, I am happy enough with the device. It is working pretty much as I expected it would after having read about many other Miracast experiences. It's just what I wanted to find - an inexpensive device with reasonable performance for occasional use.

Hope that helps.
    dicarolla likes this.
    04-18-14 10:30 PM
27 12