Definitely. Though there is some delay.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:59 PM
    Definitely. Though there is some delay.

Posted via CB10
    Omg it is so awful. No freaking way can you play videos.... Maybe Im doing something wrong but I'm connected through Miracast....

Edit- See 5th post below this one.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 11-29-13 at 03:47 PM.
    11-29-13 02:03 PM
    I watched an episode of Derek on Netflix the other day.

Also a few YouTube Videos. No problems except the delay.

Might be varying results.

Van City Coffee: C00039A66 ; WhitecapsFC: C00124663 ; PreMed Community: C00087C61
    11-29-13 02:13 PM
    Omg it is so awful. No freaking way can you play videos.... Maybe Im doing something wrong but I'm connected through Miracast....

Posted via CB10
    Look for Nutty Player if u have trouble- plays via Miracast just fine.. (remember to connect in settings/display first)
    dusdal likes this.
    11-29-13 02:14 PM
    It's a point well taken though. Don?t expect to get the same quality as you do via hardwired HDMI.

If you are planning on mirroring for documents, Web browsing, sharing pictures, presentations etc it is fantastic.

Gaming, videos, not as good.

Van City Coffee: C00039A66 ; WhitecapsFC: C00124663 ; PreMed Community: C00087C61
    11-29-13 02:16 PM
    A fellow from another thread mentioned he has been using this one successfully as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZ6...bUvbUpU9629389

11-29-13 02:28 PM
    Ok I found out a couple of things after playing around with it. One thing you have to do is connect this device to your home network. If you don't you have to shut off your wifi internet connection on your phone. If you don't shut off the wifi internet on the phone it will be laggy so bad to the point video wont work. The mobile internet connection also stopped working for some reason(it shows it was connected but wouldn't work). So my point is to make sure the media player is connected to your home network. After I hard wired it into my home network(you have the option to go wireless) it seems to work fine.(although the video looks to be playing on an older LCD tv with a slow refresh rate, seems a bit choppy). I tried streaming directly off my device and also through BB Link from my computer.. Both seem to be the same quality. Also, the audio is 2 seconds ahead when playing through the media player HDMI to TV. If you switch to the phone speakers it is spot on..... So if you have an AUX input on your stereo that you can connect to the phones headphone jack then great. Would kind of defeat the purpose of using miracast since your phone would have to be over by the tv(may as well use micro HDMI in this case) There could be a setting to fix the audio but I didn't see it.

Streaming VIdeos that you bought at BB World won't work. It just gives an error.

I tried the USB stick method and that was a no go. I tried MP4, AVI and MKV files. They all work but the MP3 and MKV are both very choppy. The AVI one worked fine.

As for WIFI Direct I connected but it says there is no files in the server directory...... No idea where that directory is so I couldn't use WIFI Direct.... I tried sharing a video to WIFI direct but it just kind of sits there waiting for a connection?????

My summary is.... If you are using it for anything other than watching movies and streaming music(has the odd hiccup streaming music but not bad) it works great. Hardly any lag between devices. If you are using it for video streaming don't expect perfection via Miracast or USB...(no idea about Wifi Direct)

Results could vary with different set ups... This is just my experience.

I would suggest buying this local if you are going to get one just in case you end up wanting to return it. Even if it cost $10 dollars more it would be worth avoiding the hassle and cost of shipping it back...... Just an FYI, I bought mine for 69 plus tax at FS today.

I have the Panasonic DMP-MST60PCS so if anybody wants me to try something just ask. I will be returning it next week sometime.
    Last edited by Stomps01; 11-29-13 at 04:47 PM.
    dusdal likes this.
    11-29-13 03:41 PM
    I get good performance for everything I've tried except high definition Netflix. That was a bridge too far. And speaking of bridge, I'm streaming radio out of Germany for a guest staying with me. I'm streaming it to my Z30 then on to the TV via Miracast. That is working fine. However, I'm carrying on a private BBM chat and don't want that on the TV so I'm using Bridge to do BBM on my PlayBook. The Bluetooth is causing some occasional hiccups in the Miracast.
    11-29-13 04:33 PM
    I got the Rocketfish Miracast adapter from Best Buy, on a chance to see if it would work. It connected pretty easily and was able to mirror the phone display with about 3 seconds of lag. Playing music from my SD card was fine, streaming from Slacker was also fine. I wasn't able to check video playback because I got movies from BBWorld on sale from this weekend and they won't play on my phone at all, but that's a different issue. I logged into Vudu and streamed from there via Ultraviolet, and the video playback lagged behind the audio by about 3 seconds.

Overall, it was worth $30 sale price to try it and I think it's good for music playback when I'm traveling, but I'll have to continue using the hard-wired micro-hdmi to play movies for now.
    12-01-13 01:18 PM
    Haven't seen lagging issues with PTV-3000.

Using to stream online videos from z30 and q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:28 AM
    I got the Rocketfish Miracast adapter from Best Buy, on a chance to see if it would work. It connected pretty easily and was able to mirror the phone display with about 3 seconds of lag. Playing music from my SD card was fine, streaming from Slacker was also fine. I wasn't able to check video playback because I got movies from BBWorld on sale from this weekend and they won't play on my phone at all, but that's a different issue. I logged into Vudu and streamed from there via Ultraviolet, and the video playback lagged behind the audio by about 3 seconds.

Overall, it was worth $30 sale price to try it and I think it's good for music playback when I'm traveling, but I'll have to continue using the hard-wired micro-hdmi to play movies for now.
    Which device are you using?? I also have the same adapter but it will only work with my android and not with my Q10…. my Q10 and the device never see each other…
    12-17-13 08:03 AM
61 123