Hi All! I'm a longtime CB reader but a first-time member and poster.

I've been a BB user since 2007 and have enjoyed all of the BB devices I've used. Most recently I was using a 9930 on VZW, which I loved, and just upgraded to a new Z30 yesterday.

It's obviously a new OS and I'm trying to learn all the ins and outs, but one thing that has stumped me is the creation of an email account on the device. Though I know I can set up email directly on the device, in the past I used the following link to set up multiple email accounts, create signatures, etc. for my Blackberrys: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Now, however, it seems that it isn't working. When I went to the site to switch my device to my new Z30, it doesn't seem to recognize the phone. Every time I go to "Change Device" and then click on "Detect Device" it tells me that it isn't detected, even though it is hardwired to the computer using a USB. I've attached a screenshot of the message.

I wish there was a way for me to manually put in the PIN, but that doesn't seem to be an option either.

Has anyone experienced this already? Does anyone know how to fix it? Any info or insight would be appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Migrating from 9930 to Z30-bis-screenshot.jpg  
    12-12-13 10:51 AM
    The new BlackBerry devices on OS10 no longer use BIS to connect to your email accounts. They now connect directly.
    12-12-13 10:54 AM
    Hi and welcome! Glad you joined!

I'm not sure if that will work with BB10 I could be wrong. I think you need to use BlackBerry Link to do a device switch.
    12-12-13 10:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! The z30 does not require BIS but a data plan. and you are required to install BB link on your desktop. BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    12-12-13 10:55 AM
    Hi All. Thanks for the welcome and the information.

So this is no longer a way to set things up? I found it very convenient, especially since I could type out signatures, make edits to the settings, etc.

Does this mean I should just add each email address to the phone directly through the set up or should the email accounts and their settings have transferred automatically when using BlackBerry Link?

I did download BlackBerry Link to sync my device. I did a backup of my old device and transferred everything over, but it was a little spotty. My email addresses (or emails) didn't transfer, but old SMS, MMS, Videos, and voice recordings did. Ironically, pictures didn't and neither did my tasks or memos.

Is there a setting to fix this or did I do something wrong?
    12-12-13 11:17 AM
    There is an app in BBWorld called Device Switch, that should make things easier for you
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    12-12-13 11:21 AM
    Hi All. Thanks for the welcome and the information.

So this is no longer a way to set things up? I found it very convenient, especially since I could type out signatures, make edits to the settings, etc.

Does this mean I should just add each email address to the phone directly through the set up or should the email accounts and their settings have transferred automatically when using BlackBerry Link?

I did download BlackBerry Link to sync my device. I did a backup of my old device and transferred everything over, but it was a little spotty. My email addresses (or emails) didn't transfer, but old SMS, MMS, Videos, and voice recordings did. Ironically, pictures didn't and neither did my tasks or memos.

Is there a setting to fix this or did I do something wrong?
    Yes you should set up your accounts through your phone. You have to do this once new information is put on the phone i.e. a new os or a security wipe done. It is really easy to do, just follow the steps indicated when adding the accounts.

As far as the transfer of old information, did you check the remember app for your task/memos?
    12-12-13 11:38 AM