Well, it looks like i am going to be forced to move from BB10 to another platform.

My employer has a BYOD (bring your own device) policy whereby i am not given a corporate smartphone, but i can expense my personal device. Today i got an email from corporate IT that states all devices must have MS Intune installed in order to manage "soft" corporate assets (email and sensative proprietary information relating to information security and NDA).

There is no app for MS Intune in BBW.

Everyone that vehemently defends BB says that the BB market is more aligned with corporate users rather than the consumer market which does not require the same app availability. I challenge this by saying that BB has signed it's own death warrant by NOT ensuring that corporate app development from major business solution providers like Microsoft, Polycom, Cisco and Avaya. The ONLY enterprise grade app for BB10 is Cisco WebEx. Pretty weak.
    When companies are looking to seamlessly integrated Unified Communications to their mobile employees, BB is NOT on the roadmap.

Chen and BB seem to think that by releasing legacy style devices with a modern OS (aka BB Classic) they can regain some market share and stay competitive. I say BS when NONE of the crucial players like Cisco, Polycom, Microsoft and Avaya are supporting BB any longer.

I work for one of the above mentioned companies and i can no longer defend BB in technical discussions for mobile integration.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:23 PM
    Well, it looks like i am going to be forced to move from BB10 to another platform.

My employer has a BYOD (bring your own device) policy whereby i am not given a corporate smartphone, but i can expense my personal device. Today i got an email from corporate IT that states all devices must have MS Intune installed in order to manage "soft" corporate assets (email and sensative proprietary information relating to information security and NDA).

Everyone that vehemently defends BB says that the BB market is more aligned with corporate users rather than the consumer market which does not require the same app availability. I challenge this by saying that BB has signed it's own death warrant by NOT ensuring that corporate app development from major business solution providers like Microsoft, Polycom, Cisco and Avaya. The ONLY enterprise grade app for BB10 is Cisco WebEx. Pretty weak.
    When companies are looking to seamlessly integrated Unified Communications to their mobile employees, BB is NOT on the roadmap.

Chen and BB seem to think that by releasing legacy style devices with a modern OS (aka BB Classic) they can regain some market share and stay competitive. I say BS when NONE of the crucial players like Cisco, Polycom, Microsoft and Avaya are supporting BB any longer.

I work for one of the above mentioned companies and i can no longer defend BB in technical discussions for mobile integration.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is getting harder and harder to defend Chen's misguided view of the future.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:25 PM
    BB continues to ignore the glaring hole in their product portfolio... 3rd party app support.
    Apps are the way of the future in business communication. 'Cloud' based services accessed via a thin client (aka app).

I love BB10 as an OS and i think it is hands down the best mobile OS. However, when compared to the FULL functionality of a mobile device with 3rd party app support for other mobile related features and applications such as Unified Communications... BB is also hands down at the bottom of the barrel.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:34 PM
    I also just left a 3 hr meeting with Microsoft in regards to the new direction that Lync will be taking in 2015.
    MS Lync will be completely transformed and will soon be known as "Skype for Business".

I speaking with MS at this meeting, they confirmed that BB10 will not be supported.

Pretty pathetic when Skype has approx 1.5 BILLION users!!! Even grandmas know how to call their grandchildren over Skype due to its popularity.... but BB is gonna continue with BBM development instead! Ya, that's fantastic leadership and innovative thinking. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    balaji sureshkumar likes this.
    12-23-14 05:48 PM

Pretty pathetic when Skype has approx 1.5 BILLION users!!! Even grandmas know how to call their grandchildren over Skype due to its popularity.... but BB is gonna continue with BBM development instead! Ya, that's fantastic leadership and innovative thinking. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    If they were at least focusing on critical BBM development like reliability of cross platform delivery notifications (which have improved a bit but still suck)... or the long promised cross platform video chat... it would be a step forward.

But instead, they refuse to even acknowledge the problems and instead seem intent on shoving juvenile stickers down our throats.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:15 PM
    Then get it off Google play via snap! This thread is pointless!

Microsoft Intune-img_20141223_191831.png

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:19 PM
    Thanks for confirming the BB mentality in regards to how they perceive the app ecosystem.
    "Lets just piggy back off of side loading apps from other developers instead of focusing on native support for our product"

BTW, is Snap native to 10.2.1? How about 10.3.1? No? Then this thread is not pointless and is quite relevant.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:31 PM
    Thanks for confirming the BB mentality in regards to how they perceive the app ecosystem.
    "Lets just piggy back off of side loading apps from other developers instead of focusing on native support for our product"

BTW, is Snap native to 10.2.1? How about 10.3.1? No? Then this thread is not pointless and is quite relevant.

Posted via CB10
    Snap can be installed on 10.2.1.... I've had it installed for more than a year

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:45 PM
    If they were at least focusing on critical BBM development like reliability of cross platform delivery notifications (which have improved a bit but still suck)... or the long promised cross platform video chat... it would be a step forward.

But instead, they refuse to even acknowledge the problems and instead seem intent on shoving juvenile stickers down our throats.

Posted via CB10
    I actually sent an email to BB years ago in regards to BBM.
    When BB was still a global leader, many of my clients and customers would articulate their need for a unified IM client that users could seamlessly use between their mobile device and the desktop. I sent an email to BB inquiring as to whether they planned on opening support for BBM from the handset to the desktop. Their reply was very similar to their stance on using apps on a mobile device. They saw no use case for expanding BBM to the desktop. If BB didn't have their heads in their @ss, they would be dominating the IM space today.
    I love my Z30, but it gets harder and harder to support and defend BB when they haven't made a single strategic decision that has differentiated them as an industry leader and innovator.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:47 PM
    I view it more in a sense of why only have one store. BlackBerry has now two official stores and access to every other store except IOS.

If Target doesn't have what you're looking for then head over to Walmart.

Not that I would be caught dead in either of them in the RL lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:48 PM
    Snap can be installed on 10.2.1.... I've had it installed for more than a year

Posted via CB10
    My question was whether it was native. The answer is no. It has to be side loaded. This is a deal breaker for 99.9% of the consumer market who WANT native support. This is a a deal breaker for 100% if companies that DEMAND native support and compatability.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:50 PM
    I view it more in a sense of why only have one store. BlackBerry has now two official stores and access to every other store except IOS.

Posted via CB10
    To use your analogy... Why would I go from Walmart to Target when i can everything at Costco?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on this. Sure Snap has to be sideloaded but so what? The Android runtime *is* a native, fully sand-boxed part of the OS build nowadays, so what's wrong with installing a useful portal into the Google Play-a-verse? Does it have to be native BB10? There's a large installed base of Snap users out there so this is hardly uncharted territory.

I just hate the ranting against whoever the CEO du jour of BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:09 PM
    To use your analogy... Why would I go from Walmart to Target when i can everything at Costco?

Posted via CB10
    Touche lol

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:11 PM
    I'm with you on this. Sure Snap has to be sideloaded but so what? The Android runtime *is* a native, fully sand-boxed part of the OS build nowadays, so what's wrong with installing a useful portal into the Google Play-a-verse? Does it have to be native BB10? There's a large installed base of Snap users out there so this is hardly uncharted territory.

I just hate the ranting against whoever the CEO du jour of BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    You and I may have the technical wherewithal to side load Snap. But what about the other 99% of users? They don't want to invest in a device/platform that needs to be b@sterdized in order for other apps to be utilized.
    Yes, there is native Android runtime built in to BB10. That ONLY solves the problem of running apps loaded directly from the Amazon App Store. But what about Android Apps not available to Amazon?

You may not see an issue, but 99% of consumers do, which is why BB only owns 1% of the market.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:18 PM
    Touche lol

Posted via CB10
    Point being that consumers today can shop at ONE STORE that will encompass ALL of their needs. There is no longer a need to go from store to store.

Consumers want a "one stop shop". Android and iOS devices provide this natively.

BB is to apps as to what iOS and Android are to native email and calendar support.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 07:31 PM
    Good example of mixed agendas..... BB has been pretty clear that the device market is secondary... Chen has set the bar at 10 million units a year... peanuts compared to Apple and Sammy...... that being said the first order of business is stabalization... first though MDM and BES.... then comes software ( apps )..... the device side is only being maintained as a carrot for governments and military types.... good chance if they stopped making hardware... these customers could very well drop BB services as well... time to face facts.. BB as a smartphone operation in the consumer market is done for now... maybe one day.... as the MDM and BES firm up you will see an emphasis on software applications..... this is Chen's roadmap... time to put the past behind us and accept the new BB reality... seems many have not.... As far as Intune goes... Microsoft, Apple , Cisco, IBM are all going to compete for the same market.... BB sill simply lose some of it as many of these services are tailored to a given business environment... not at reflection on BB's efforts or vision... just because we cannot see or do not like said vision does not make it wrong....
    Carmels likes this.
    12-23-14 08:00 PM
    Androids can get apps from multiple locations not just Google.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Point being that consumers today can shop at ONE STORE that will encompass ALL of their needs. There is no longer a need to go from store to store.

Consumers want a "one stop shop". Android and iOS devices provide this natively.

BB is to apps as to what iOS and Android are to native email and calendar support.

Posted via CB10
    I find your threads/posts somewhat trollish. This will be the second or third time I've come across you posting in the last few days nothing but negative consumer driven opinions.

I've worked within the enterprise space for over 15 years. No real businesses worth their salt use an app to integrate and secure their work side content. So the real question is, if your company is moving to a BYOD model why aren't they investing in BES12 and it's MDM solution to manage all platforms? Don't be diverting blame onto BlackBerry because your company is to god damn cheap to invest in a sound MDM solution for their employees.

And by the way, it's your company that's choosing not to provide the accessibility needed to your BlackBerry, to which they can do through Exchange Active Sync (EAS) which is a protocol currently supported by Microsoft Intune.

Amazing what you can find with a quick search!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    rcsgolf and hashtagwinning like this.
    12-23-14 08:18 PM
    Good example of mixed agendas..... BB has been pretty clear that the device market is secondary... Chen has set the bar at 10 million units a year... peanuts compared to Apple and Sammy...... that being said the first order of business is stabalization... first though MDM and BES.... then comes software ( apps )..... the device side is only being maintained as a carrot for governments and military types.... good chance if they stopped making hardware... these customers could very well drop BB services as well... time to face facts.. BB as a smartphone operation in the consumer market is done for now... maybe one day.... as the MDM and BES firm up you will see an emphasis on software applications..... this is Chen's roadmap... time to put the past behind us and accept the new BB reality... seems many have not.... As far as Intune goes... Microsoft, Apple , Cisco, IBM are all going to compete for the same market.... BB sill simply lose some of it as many of these services are tailored to a given business environment... not at reflection on BB's efforts or vision... just because we cannot see or do not like said vision does not make it wrong....
    Amen brother! Couldn't have put it better myself.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-23-14 08:20 PM
    I'm truly lost in you continual use of 'suspension points' in your response.

The point in one of your many sentences, or paragraphs relates to 'governments and military types'.

You have just 100% proved my point! The Canadian and American Government and Military departments are ALL moving away from BB because of their lack of NATIVE support which requires other plugins like Android Runtime in order to work. This adds an entirely new security concern that compromises the security of the platform.

It's amazing how so many people blindly defend BB and even offer evidence that actually contradicts their position... (proper use of suspension point).

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:26 PM
    Enough with the troll crap folks. Debate the topic!

Not sure what you'd like BlackBerry to do. I've been pretty critical, but other than driving an armored truck to Microsoft, and emptying it in their vault, Chen can't "make" them develop for BB10.
    12-23-14 08:49 PM
    There's even a snap installer. I'm not sure what this ruckess is about...
    Simply just download that, connect your phone to your computer, then BAM
    If you can't do that much, I don't think you should be working in a corporate company, regardless of specialty, because a 2nd grader could do that
    12-23-14 08:52 PM
    Enough with the troll crap folks. Debate the topic!

Not sure what you'd like BlackBerry to do. I've been pretty critical, but other than driving an armored truck to Microsoft, and emptying it in their vault, Chen can't "make" them develop for BB10.
    "Not sure what you'd like BB to do..."

Well, the competition has an answer to your question.

Again, thanks for coming out and providing NO solutions... just more questions.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:53 PM
    "Not sure what you'd like BB to do..."

Well, the competition has an answer to your question.

Again, thanks for coming out and providing NO solutions... just more questions.

Posted via CB10
    Then buy a product from them and be done with it
    12-23-14 08:56 PM
26 12