How does this work? Do you mean they buy a subsidized Verizon Z30 with a 2- year contract, then bail out by paying the $350 early termination fee?
    Verizon had an employee sale and the employees snatched up every last one and even though no "profit" was allowed, they are selling the heck outta them online. Guessing a profit is being made.
    04-21-14 07:22 PM
    They had one at the Atlanta airport for a while. Stopped in several times when I was flying through on business. Haven't been through Atlanta in a couple of years though, so I don't know if it is still there.

Posted via CB10
    Atlanta�s airport is poised to give BlackBerry the boot and open its doors to Apple.

BlackBerry phone
    BlackBerry phones have lost so much market share that a concessionaire at Atlanta�s airport wants to replace the line with Apple products. Credit: BlackBerry

The sale of Blackberry smart phones has fallen so dramatically that an airport concessionaire plans to replace its two Blackberry shops with Apple resellers. Only one other airport in the country has an Apple reseller, according to legislation pending before the Atlanta City Council. The other airport wasn�t identified.

- See more at: Atlanta airport concessionaire to close BlackBerry stores, replace them with shops for Apple iPhones, etc | SaportaReport
    04-21-14 07:26 PM
    Atlanta�s airport is poised to give BlackBerry the boot and open its doors to Apple.

BlackBerry phone
    BlackBerry phones have lost so much market share that a concessionaire at Atlanta�s airport wants to replace the line with Apple products. Credit: BlackBerry

The sale of Blackberry smart phones has fallen so dramatically that an airport concessionaire plans to replace its two Blackberry shops with Apple resellers. Only one other airport in the country has an Apple reseller, according to legislation pending before the Atlanta City Council. The other airport wasn�t identified.

- See more at: Atlanta airport concessionaire to close BlackBerry stores, replace them with shops for Apple iPhones, etc | SaportaReport
    LOL! That's dated August 2012. It HAS been a while since I've been in Atlanta.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 10:26 PM
    So in a very recent vodcast from NY, weren't they saying that BlackBerry doesn't feel their bb10 os and devices are "ready" for a big marketing push? From what I understand, they are waiting for the upcoming devices, and 10.3 to be released before starting a marketing campaign, getting reps in stores to educate sale people on them, push their products with carriers, and opening some BlackBerry stores again. I can understand the sense in this. I hope a store opens in San Francisco. I will apply, and sell like mad.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-21-14 10:57 PM
    So in a very recent vodcast from NY, weren't they saying that BlackBerry doesn't feel their bb10 os and devices are "ready" for a big marketing push? From what I understand, they are waiting for the upcoming devices, and 10.3 to be released before starting a marketing campaign, getting reps in stores to educate sale people on them, push their products with carriers, and opening some BlackBerry stores again. I can understand the sense in this. I hope a store opens in San Francisco. I will apply, and sell like mad.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T!
    [/QUOTE]

That may seem like it makes sense... but if they don't get the current devices sold : Q10 Z10 Z30 Q5 then how responsive will carriers be to the new products? these products then if no marketing is to be done need their prices pushed right down so they can get off the shelves and no/little stock is left, then the new devices can fill the store. Even if it's just at a break even level at least they will be gone.

And the phones aren't coming all at once so for e.g. at Carphone Warehouse, BlackBerry pay for a spot where their phones go, if a new is releases and their not paying for a new spot, or the contract for the spots isn't up yet or something. Then one of those devices has to lose a spot to make room for the new one, if that device hasn't sold well enough, then Carphone Warehouse won't stock the new phone until one of the old ones has sold better

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-22-14 01:08 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should consider having their own retail stores and cell services-blackberry-flagship-store-pope-wainwright-dubai-united-arab-emirates.jpg

Is this the type of store you would like to see somewhere in the warehouse section of town?
    04-22-14 04:33 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-flagship-store-by-Pope-Wainwright-Dubai-United-Arab-Emirates.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	264967

Is this the type of store you would like to see somewhere in the warehouse section of town?
    Oooh yes they need one of those in London UK!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-23-14 12:45 AM
    Oooh yes they need one of those in London UK!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    They need this in London asap. I will be there a lot

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    04-23-14 04:02 AM
    They need this in London asap. I will be there a lot

Posted via CB10
    I will work there! I would even volunteer there for a bit!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-23-14 04:09 AM
    You know, I've got T-Mobile. I think the are definitely not going to make any transition into a newer BlackBerry easy for me.

What is the deal with these carriers basically discarding BlackBerry anyways?

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    04-23-14 06:10 AM
    There was the BlackBerry stores in the Atlanta and Philadelphia airports that I knew for sure because I had visited them, and this one just outside Detroit Michigan that I only heard about:

RIM's Sole Stand-Alone BlackBerry Store Serves as Reminder of Failed Corporate Strategy - WSJ.com

Thorsten Heins closed most of the retail operations shortly after taking the reigns if memory serves.

The "carriers" you mentioned above are so called "MVNO's". They buy/lease from Sprint I believe in most cases. There are others like Simple Mobile that work with TMob and AT&T.

I certainly don't think it's in BlackBerry's interest to become an MVNO especially with someone like Sprint who's coverage is spotty at best. BlackBerry is struggling to change perception of the brand here in the USA and Sprint has the same problems really. Two wrongs don't make a right.

There is little available spectrum that BlackBerry could buy to become their own provider and spectrum is generally very expensive to acquire, BlackBerry have not the cash on hand to even consider doing this.

I understand your pain. I decided to get a Z30 in February and went on Verizon's website to see where in the NYC vicinity I could go and get one in person. Imagine my surprise when there were none in a 50 mile radius. IN NYC!!. I just stayed on line and ordered the phone and had it the next day - shipping was on Verizon too they were having a promotion, lucky me. Like you, I was extremely puzzled why BlackBerry allowed Verizon to have the exclusive and then they don't have the phones anywhere in the USA. Go through the Z30 forums very few have been found at the carrier store.
    04-23-14 02:22 PM
    I have never seen anything as bad as BlackBerry's carrier relations regarding USA availability. What is even more absurd is that you cannot get your hands on a Z30, even with its "exclusive" U.S. partner Verizon! What!? Your exclusive partner in a major market won't even stock your flagship device?! Pathetic.

I'm a lawyer in Houston, a big city by most measures, and I cannot put my hand on a Z30. I call Verizon stores and have no luck. Nada. I saw absolutely no benefit flow to BlackBerry from this exclusivity arrangement and I wonder how Verizon is not in breach because they aren't doing much of anything for BlackBerry.

Online is not much better. Craigslist sellers want about $315-375 for new Verizon phones that they ordered and from which they immediately switched away. This should be the Z30's offered price range, not $500. This is also the price range in much of eBay for the Z30.

GSMArena.com has a the Z30's popularity as being less than the Z10's and at a level so low, I haven't seen it's likes before.

Of course Chen has also kicked T-Mobile to the curb, so that's delightful.

I say BlackBerry should lower prices of the Z30 on the its website until the phones start to sell at a faster clip and people get them in hand. Nothing is more fatal than this level of irrelevance is.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    PM me, I am in Houston as well. Want to hear your take on bb10 from what you seen and heard.

Posted via CB10 app with my trusty Z10
    04-23-14 05:56 PM
    I had same experience at Verizon store. I purchased Z30 by phone as I could not find anyone in my area that had a phone nor one that had blackberry on display. My Sim card was not activating, so I went to Verizon store for help. Immediately upon seeing I had the Z30, their rep sighed and acted like a little kid who had been asked to do his homework. He tried a couple of things and rebooted phone. While waiting, he asked in a disgusted tone, "why did you buy this"? I said because it works best for business especially working with MS Office to which he replied "it's not working now, is it"? He then said the Iphone works great with Office. He then tried to demonstrate on his iphone and failed miserably. He then says "Office is crap anyway". It may be Blackberry's fault that they are where they are now but they have no chance of coming back if they don't insist that their dealers represent their product in a positive way. I also agree, Blackberry should be advertising the Z10 and Z30 along with Verizon and other carriers. I have tried Droid and Iphone both. The iphone is the starbucks of phones, you buy it expecting something great and are left with nothing but a bitter taste in your mouth. If you want a phone that makes fart noises, they are for you.
    05-11-14 01:59 PM
38 12