I own a BlackBerry z30, this is by far the best phone I've ever used.

Also this is the only phone raising questions from iPhone and Android users.

My own iPhone diehards colleagues made the switch to z30 devices almost effortlessly and they now tend to favour the z30 on a day to day business use.

Still, the appstore is subpar as in Europe we don't have any access to music or movies to download in BlackBerry world.

But, if this device is able to turn heads, why is it so poorly marketed?

Posted via CB10
    Drenis, callec39 and mkiiw like this.
    12-06-13 03:28 PM
    No carriers other than verizon,and they don't even sell it on their website... strange stuff
    12-06-13 03:50 PM
    No one knows about the phone. Z30 is a solid a phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 04:04 PM
    Wait, what marketing..

Posted via CB10
    manonthemoon likes this.
    12-06-13 04:24 PM
    Hopefully, good products will make it to the consumer by way of world of mouth or forums like these. I agree, this is the best phone I have ever owned. And here in Canada, we have access to music and videos, no idea why not in the rest of the world. But mind you, I don't use the phone for that purpose, I have an iPod.
    Last edited by PeterC4; 12-06-13 at 09:27 PM.
    12-06-13 09:14 PM
    How could Blackberry let Verizon kill them off in the US, today I went into two(2) of Verizon's larger stores and neither of them had a display or working unit of the Z30 for me or anyone to see. I am with AT&T and they are so poorly trained it is shameful.. I do not believe any of the sales people in the AT&T stores know anything personally about the units they are selling.. they just spout off what they hear.
    I wish AT&T would step up to the plate and bring the Blackberry back to their customers (Z30), I am waiting patiently.
    R Field likes this.
    12-06-13 09:28 PM
    The marketing is practically non-existent, most people I've shown the phone are hearing about it for the first time. It's quite sad considering that this is a genuinely awesome product - it's the phone BlackBerry 10 should have launched with in the first place.
    miketko likes this.
    12-06-13 09:36 PM
    Yup. Ive owned ip5s sgn3 and prefer the z30 over both
    mkiiw, howards and R Field like this.
    12-06-13 09:40 PM
    Me 2. Being a bit selfish the non marketing has a plus: the few users of Z30 have a quite unique and exclusive device that turn heads when using it. But I agree, to BlackBerry comes back and raise the stock market marketing is urgently required. I hope the new CEO will launch a big campaign next days.

I am living in Mozambique and a friend bought me the Z30 two months ago in Dubai. I've traveled to the Europe last month and nobody was aware of this fabulous device. Ooh is it the new iPhone? Plenty people asked. And I said no that's the new BlackBerry. People asked as well does BlackBerry still exist?

So please Mr. Chen marketing is really an urgent need. I believe BlackBerry is preparing a new campaign or at least I would like to think so.

Proud user of Z30 and Q10
    12-07-13 01:59 AM
    In the Netherland all operator don't sell the blackberry Z30 but reseller are selling it.

I have bought one and a friend of mine wanted wtih his contract by his own provider but he moved to vodafone because online it was cheaper then to renew his contract with his own provider. Problem is that I work for the operator he just moved away from and that sucks.

Blackberry don't do anything about marketing here.
    12-07-13 06:51 AM
    I showed it to my friend yesterday and he was in awe with the build quality and how good the phone looked, but soon after reality kicked in and asked how come he never heard of it.
    Mind you, this was someone that had previous interest in the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:22 AM
    This device is a nice achievement. The paratek antenna is really effective while in an high speed train for example with frequent signal loss.
    The screen is comfortable, the device is fast, bb10 is fast and so on.

Still I don't get this marketing failure.

there is no buzz, nobody knows where it is available, what's the point of building devices without a marketing plan ?

Finally the os now need a graphical update.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 12:01 PM
    BB has done NOTHING to market this phone.
    When we were gearing up for launch, we were told not to expect anything in store... that the stores wouldnt be stocking them, and that we wouldnt get any marketing materials for it at all.

Its like the company literally said eff it, we dont even care.
    12-07-13 05:03 PM
    We don't want them to market the phones they make. Just keep making them for us fans only as per their apparent plan

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-07-13 05:25 PM
    BB has done NOTHING to market this phone.
    That's not true... I saw this picture last week on Twitter ...

Marketing of the z30-z30-1-.jpg

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-07-13 05:31 PM
    Finally...found a Verizon Wireless store in Southern California that actually had a Z30 display model! I have checked many local stores around Long Beach and found the Carson store off the 405 at Avalon had it. I did have to plug the power back in and wait a couple minutes for enough battery to boot up, but I love it! I just hope AT&T gets this phone soon!

Unlocked Z10 on AT&T, OS 10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 06:02 PM
    Irrelevant. Deleted. Carry on.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    Last edited by dusdal; 12-07-13 at 07:25 PM.
    12-07-13 06:44 PM