Can't speak to the Z30 from first hand experience. Though, all the reviews I've read are great other than the obvious issue of lack of apps. Which, for me is solved by side-loading Snap and loading what one wants from Google Play.

I will say this much. Multiple times I have ridden in my brother's car as a passenger and had his Samsung Galaxy Note 3 next to my Z10. My Z10 maintains a better signal strength by a small margin. We both use Verizon. Yeah it's anecdotal and just one phone against one phone and not a broad sample. And what I mean by signal strength is his drops to 3G from LTE first, and picks LTE up later. Etc.
    03-20-14 12:49 AM
    OP you've already made your mind, clearly. I'd don't know why you are asking. Don't get a BlackBerry. You've pretty much already set yourself up for disappointment.

Posted via Z10
    03-20-14 01:10 AM
    honestly, i have to salute you OP, you've come all the way with your detailed comparison along with jotting down the lists of problems, issues or bugs. coming to this forum might be a bit biased to you as (i believe) all of us who have sent you response are Z30 users who really support the phone, the BB10 platform and the whole thing from BBRY and i also believe that if you go to the Android Central's forum about the G2 and you're asking about the same thing, the G2 users out there will also provide a more tendency towards their side. opinions may vary but again, it's back to your own discretion.

no phone is perfect, not even the Note 3, not even the S5, not even the G2, not even the Lumia 1520 or the Z30. every phone has its own capabilities, potential capabilities and their incapabilities, but what I can say here is, with BB10, IMAGINATION is THE LIMIT as the OS itself is the NEW ground for people to explore MORE and that's why if you compare the hardware specs, yes i can tell you the G2 wins by a lot, HOWEVER, that's just the NUMBERS, back to when you hold the phone & you start using it, BB10 with just a dual core processor can do things with the same speed.

but what might differ for BB10 is that the way the OS is designed which is for efficiency (ok, there are still a bunch of things needed to be addressed to improve the BB10 experience.. i admit that) therefore i'd recommend you to try both of them then you can make your decision for your own good.
    03-20-14 01:12 AM
    well, haven;t really made up my mind. yes the g2 looks nice on paper for the specs and the screen looks really nice but that is not what i want in a phone. the camera in g2 seems to be very ****ty. i don't know why or compared to what but on g2 forums there are tons of threads about the quality of the pics.

@ trincisor

and yes i want an all around phone. but coming from a 7 years old phone all OSes are new to me. that is why i don't care too much about the os, as no mater what i choose i will have to learn it from scratch.

@Thalestr & VR6

if i would made up my mind i wouldn't be here asking questions i would already bought a phone.

i have a list full of bugs and issues also for lg g2 don;t worry, but i don't think anybody here would give a look. i,ve just posted links to reviews and threads so nobody would say i talk **** or i'm misinformed.
    03-20-14 03:06 AM
    You remind me of my buddy who reads all the reviews before he buys a candy bar.

Take a chance on the Z30 and if you don't like it sell it and buy a G2. Then at least you can say you experienced both phones/platforms and will be all the more experienced.

Posted via CB10
    revtech and BB_Junky like this.
    03-20-14 03:27 AM
    there is nothing wrong of being informed before buying stuff. and selling a blackberry device...are you for real? couldn't find a z30 to play with in all the city. z10 i found in 70 80% of vodafone stores. the other carriers don't have them even online. i like to spend my money just once and make a good choise rather then buying 100 phones every year just to try them. i'm not that rich or tech savvy.

but ok i'll order my z30 now and hope for the best. at least i hope i won't get a bad device with the os i'll manage
    03-20-14 03:34 AM
    there is nothing wrong of being informed before buying stuff. and selling a blackberry device...are you for real? couldn't find a z30 to play with in all the city. z10 i found in 70 80% of vodafone stores. the other carriers don't have them even online. i like to spend my money just once and make a good choise rather then buying 100 phones every year just to try them. i'm not that rich or tech savvy.

but ok i'll order my z30 now and hope for the best. at least i hope i won't get a bad device with the os i'll manage
    I hope you're ordering cause you want it. I think you will be happy unless you're a huge app person or don't want to use snap etc. to get them.
    03-20-14 07:59 AM
    I'll make this short. I bought an off contract z10 in January, but a z30 2 weeks ago and I haven't looked back. Prior to that I'd never used anything but android phones. I'm not a huge app user, but between snap and BlackBerry World I find what I need. I have no regrets about trying BlackBerry. If I was still using my z10 I'd be happy. My teenage daughters love it after nothing but android. I took a chance and I'm glad I did.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:55 PM
    Z10 does not compare to Z30

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:08 PM
    Z10 does not compare to Z30

Posted via CB10
    Maybe not in some ways but it's still a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 01:17 PM
    I hope you're ordering cause you want it. I think you will be happy unless you're a huge app person or don't want to use snap etc. to get them.
    Excatly, no OS is perfect and this one is constantly being matured with updates. Its important that in your decisions that this is what you want and need in this phone, the forum is here to help in every way they can but it certainly doesn't need someone coming back with negative threads because you "settled". I like all devices offered buy all companies but found BBRY to be the best suited for what i do and its a basically an all around good phone!! good luck bud!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 02:34 PM
    ok i got the z30 yesterday just after my post. i found some online store that had a warehouse in my city and went and picked it up directly.
    so far so good. but i got some questions

is possible to display text messages individually?
    right now if somebody sends me 10 messages they display in a bubble IM style. i don't like that, i like to see them individually, to be able to check the time sent and received. for example the message was written on 20.april and because no network coverage my phone got it on 22 of april. right now it only shows the time last message was received.
    on my e50 you select a message-options-details and you get all the info you want.

for a business phone that says is functionality driven the calendar seems a little weird.
    so i got my phone. tried to sync the contacts and calendar from my old phone via bt and surprise bb10 is not compatible with old phones not even bb phones. so i went to insert them manually. big surprise. in calendar you don't have options to select type of reminder.
    yes you can select a multitude of options but that is time consuming.
    to make myself understood.
    in e50 you go to calendar, select a date an then you have some options of reminders
    -to do
    -meeting
    -anniversary
    -memo
    for each type of option you get some other options. like i was going to put my friends birthdays. i select anniversary i get a present icon for that day, it automatically selects all day and repeat every year. you select meeting you get something similar with bb, where you select from what time to what time the meeting takes place. alarms to go off before meeting by xx hrs/min etc.
    i can manage all this but is more time consuming.

i've deleted some aps like twiter, fb and some other social media i don't use, and by keeping pressed an icon it starts pulsating and a small recicle bin shows up you click that and the ap should be uninstalled. at least that what the internet said. i've noticed that hub, text messages can be uninstalled too? i idn't check if it works or not but seems strange. is this the correct way to uninstall the aps or it just deletes the icon? coz text messages and hub have the option to delete grayed out in task manager.

i have more questions but maybe i'll start a new thread or find another thread with similar issues to post in.
    10x
    03-21-14 02:29 AM
    ok i got the z30 yesterday just after my post. i found some online store that had a warehouse in my city and went and picked it up directly.

right now if somebody sends me 10 messages they display in a bubble IM style. i don't like that, i like to see them individually, to be able to check the time sent and received. for example the message was written on 20.april and because no network coverage my phone got it on 22 of april. right now it only shows the time last message was received.
    on my e50 you select a message-options-details and you get all the info you want.
    10x
    In the hub hit the 3 dots, bottom right, settings, display & actions and change from conversation to single messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:36 AM
    tried this already. seems to apply only to emails not sms mesages.
    03-21-14 03:00 AM
    tried this already. seems to apply only to emails not sms mesages.
    Ah. Apologies. Yes, you're right. Not sure that this can be changed, but maybe someone else can help...
    03-21-14 06:38 AM

for a business phone that says is functionality driven the calendar seems a little weird.
    so i got my phone. tried to sync the contacts and calendar from my old phone via bt and surprise bb10 is not compatible with old phones not even bb phones. so i went to insert them manually. big surprise. in calendar you don't have options to select type of reminder.
    yes you can select a multitude of options but that is time consuming.
    to make myself understood.
    in e50 you go to calendar, select a date an then you have some options of reminders
    -to do
    -meeting
    -anniversary
    -memo
    for each type of option you get some other options. like i was going to put my friends birthdays. i select anniversary i get a present icon for that day, it automatically selects all day and repeat every year. you select meeting you get something similar with bb, where you select from what time to what time the meeting takes place. alarms to go off before meeting by xx hrs/min etc.
    i can manage all this but is more time consuming.

i've deleted some aps like twiter, fb and some other social media i don't use, and by keeping pressed an icon it starts pulsating and a small recicle bin shows up you click that and the ap should be uninstalled. at least that what the internet said. i've noticed that hub, text messages can be uninstalled too? i idn't check if it works or not but seems strange. is this the correct way to uninstall the aps or it just deletes the icon? coz text messages and hub have the option to delete grayed out in task manager.

i have more questions but maybe i'll start a new thread or find another thread with similar issues to post in.
    10x
    Text message question: no, I don't think there is a way to separate texts in different bubbles like you described.

Calendar question: if your old phone is a BlackBerry, you may want to try "device switch" function of BlackBerry Link. For other devices, you may be out of luck unless you were using cloud services for calendar.

App deleting question: yeah that's the right way to delete an app. It is pretty weird that they allow you to delete core apps such as HUB and TXT... I have never tried it or given it too much thoughts.

It doesn't matter which platform you switch to, there will be things you feel different and awkward, just give it a week or two, you will find out if it is the right device for you. For me, Z30 is near perfect.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 09:14 AM
    Text message question: no, I don't think there is a way to separate texts in different bubbles like you described.

Calendar question: if your old phone is a BlackBerry, you may want to try "device switch" function of BlackBerry Link. For other devices, you may be out of luck unless you were using cloud services for calendar.

App deleting question: yeah that's the right way to delete an app. It is pretty weird that they allow you to delete core apps such as HUB and TXT... I have never tried it or given it too much thoughts.

It doesn't matter which platform you switch to, there will be things you feel different and awkward, just give it a week or two, you will find out if it is the right device for you. For me, Z30 is near perfect.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    You can also delete/uninstall them in bb world. My world, my apps and games, installed, hold on the app, on the right there will be a popout, trash can and then you have a choice, cancel, delete or uninstall.
    03-21-14 12:28 PM
    If you got your device install the update before doing anything else.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-21-14 12:44 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:45 PM
    to late. deleted some apps- installed the update-they came back- uninstalled them again.

regarding calendar again.
    some other weird stuff.
    i've entered all my contacts manually. for some i,ve added birthdays/anniversaries but they apear just in contacts details. they don't transfer to calendar. is there any way i can sync calendar events with contact details?
    Last edited by konta; 03-23-14 at 07:16 AM.
    03-23-14 06:07 AM
    From what I tested on both phone I prefer the z30.

OS
    The android os is meh compared to blackberry os. Sure you get the stock pile of apps on android but you got to deal with the unstable os. I always run into problem on android os. From crashes to things not working correct to my many restarts of the phone. Loved the knock feature though.

Built
    Remember G2 glossy finger print magnet.
    Z30 matte back, glossy plastic glass front. Gets finger prints from time to time but not to many. That little sliver part on the bottom gets beat up easy be careful. Other wise the z30 is a little on the heavy side but feels like it can hold its own. Feels great after a while. Does feel premium.

Battery life
    Nothing compares to the Z30. I sometimes get 2 days without a charge even while I'm heavy on watching videos.

Keyboard
    Android keyboard love the swipe but BlackBerry predictions know me well. Hands down BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:23 PM
    With the wealth of research you've already done, you busy beaver you, you should know what phone to get already. All I'll say is that the Z30 ticks the boxes in your first paragraph.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-25-14 06:31 AM
    Get the Z30. Many of the issues that you highlighted for the Z30, such as not being able to assign tones to contacts were true when OS10.1 first came out but are now available. The most current official OS is 10.2.1, and 10.3 has recently leaked.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-26-14 06:58 AM
    OK, whatever you do, don't get the G2. Unless you like meandering around in the dank depths of settings to turn off all the many MANY irritating behaviors you will find. It tries so hard to be your little friend. I just wanted to take a sledgehammer to mine. Instead I just returned it.

I am not sure what problems you found with the Note 3. I have one and find it to be rock solid, very, very fast, and very well built. Boring, because it's Android. But it works very well. Get the Qi charger back and one of the Nokia Qi chargers for it. Do NOT get the Samsung charger. It's a piece of junk. Getting the phone on it properly is a pain, despite the fact that it's shaped to position the phone. It's awful. Besides, the Nokia chargers are much cheaper. But if you have a lot of things to do that require reading and typing on screen, you want the bigger screen.

For a very clean Android, go get one of the new Motorola phones. The Maxx will run forever. Motorola is known for their radios, and they won't let you down.

It's true, the Z30 seems at the moment to have the BEST radios. There are two magical loss of data signal areas around me. My N3 drops there. My Icon drops there. My Moto X drops there. My Z30 doesn't.

As for GPS, I suspect they all use more or less the same chipset. GPS accuracy is always about the same, generally +/- 3 meters. Nav packages on the other hand vary from platform to platform. My preference is for Sygic on Android and Navigon on WP8. Not a lot of choice for BB. The native app works OK. I downloaded Don't Panic, but it seems less user friendly than other packages. If nav is important to you, I'd go with something besides BB. In fact, I could build a strong case for you to go with the Note 3. Nav and office functions are going to work well on that platform. You could use the Z30 but that's not it's strong point.

I'd also point you to iPhone, but they still haven't got a decent screen size for that sort of use. They are rumbling about pooping out a 6", which might interest me later, and perhaps you as well, since nav apps on iOS are plentiful, as are office applications. One thing I did notice with my iPhone 4 was it does NOT like to be on a dashboard. At all. It gets hot, pops up a warning and crashes. I've not had any other phone do that.
    03-26-14 08:25 AM
49 12