Hey all, any ideas on what could be sucking major data on my Z30?

I'm on Telus in Toronto. I keep my wifi on to save on data while at home and work. Yesterday, I checked my data usage and saw I used 95mb every 26 seconds from 8:13am to 8:16am. Yes, I somehow used about 760mb in those few minutes, as detailed on the Telus website regarding my data usage.

What in the world could have done this? Then there's another 95mb at 7:06p, and another at 7:44p. I'm assuming this is the max amount shown at any single time as I've seen these 95s a couple times before, but never liked this.

Two app related items come to mind. The app Reddit in Motion (which I use often), and Easytune (which I just started using yesterday).

First off, I need to make sure the times are right. It says local time zone or 3 hours intervals, but there's a chunk of data at 4:42a, and my wifi should have been on at home while I slept. Tried calling Telus, but couldn't get through.

Second, all the noted times I would have either been driving or waiting in my car while I picked up my wife. I don't typically use my phone while driving, but yesterday traffic was crawling in the morning, and I was using both apps previously noted.

I'm going to try some independent tests today, but honestly, I don?t know how it could have sucked so much data. See attached for a photo of my data usage.

Any ideas?

Major data usage-img_00000640.jpg

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-11-14 09:48 AM
    What I've done in the past under similar circumstances is to delete one at a time the apps I think are responsible and monitor my data for a bit after each delete. If your consumption started after a download of a couple of apps, this will help you isolate the offender. If an app isn't the cause this obviously won't help. I've had many apps that would cause this problem and deleting them or resetting application permissions solved the issue.
    01-11-14 01:07 PM
    Ya, that's what I'm going to have to try. Was hoping this might have happened to someone else too, but they already figure out the culprit.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-12-14 01:16 AM
    Hey all, any ideas on what could be sucking major data on my Z30?
    Try this thread for your reference.
    01-12-14 01:30 AM
    Now it likely could be an app causing the problem but I have heard that carriers can do some things on their end to cause the problem. A buddy of mine had this happen on his android phone on Telus. Maybe the same thing happened to you? I'd give them a call

Posted via my Z30
    01-26-14 08:55 AM