I just wanted to post a quick note for everyone concerning my experience in buying a Z30 today (from Telus Mobility, in Ontario).

I walked into a number of different retail locations (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Virgin, etc, etc), fully expecting to have the sales reps attempt to talk me out of purchasing a new Blackberry (I was upgrading from the Bold 9900). I was between buying the Z10 or the Z30. Most places had the Z10 free on a 2-year contract, where Bell offered the Z30 for $179, and Telus had it for $129.

The rep at Bell was very helpful, providing a ton of product knowledge (although he was a self-admitted Android user). And the rep at Telus was very helpful as well. Neither even made an attempt to steer me in any other direction.

So, at least in my experience, no one bad mouthed Blackberry, or made any disparaging comments. Maybe I'm a rarity, but it was really nice to get the help I was looking for.
    10-19-13 02:48 PM
    Same no one tried to talk me out of buying Blackberry when I actually went ot the store, but in Bestbuy and some other muti mobile shops some of them were clueless about the phone even a Bell shop I went into.
    10-19-13 02:51 PM
    Same. No one - besides friends - has tried to talk me out of a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-19-13 03:07 PM
    I think this happens more in the US than Canada.

Posted via CB10
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-19-13 03:09 PM
    I had some time on Friday afternoon so I ventured into a few electronic stores asking about the Z30 and was greeted with various degrees of indifference ...
    Best Buy. I expect we will hear something when it launches in Canada.
    London Drugs. If you leave me your number we will call you when the launch comes to Canada. Have you tried the 5S?
    The Source. I think I have heard of it but Bell has not told us when to expect any shipments.
    Telus. Ohhhhhh (giggle) ... you mean the Z10. Have you tried the S4? It's fabulous!
    Walmart ... Welcome to Walmart! ...
    Rogers Reservation Line ... "Open".
    .... sigh ....
    spiculated, AWR and Mack Gans like this.
    10-19-13 05:25 PM
    I walked through my local mall and made some inquiries. The Bell clerk was helpful, but self professed android user. The Telus store (run by Complete Communications) was completely in different. I saw a Q10 that needed to be properly set up and it was as if she couldn't care less. The Virgin store guy was pretty knowledgable, but they don't get to offer the Z30 yet. Lastly the guy at Wireless World was completely clueless. No wonder I'd rather deal directly with Telus. The retail stores are generally without knowledge and simply push whatever is hot.

I have wondered though if what the salesperson gets paid influences what they recommend. Since the iPhone 5S is priced higher, do they get paid more when they sell one? Logic would dictate yes, therefore there would be a bias towards high-priced devices.
    10-19-13 07:04 PM
    Maybe its not them trying to steer you away from Blackberry, just that they want to make the commission off you.
    10-19-13 08:00 PM
    Maybe its not them trying to steer you away from Blackberry, just that they want to make the commission off you.
    Well, I was getting a phone, one way or the other, but went shopping specifically looking for the Z30. I also played with the Sony Xperia Z, Blackberry z10 and Q10, Nexus 4, and iPhone 5. The Xperia alllllmost steered me away from Blackberry, but not due to any sales pressure from the consultants I dealt with. It was just a really neat phone. Overall, after having played with the Z30 for the past 24 hours, I'm really happy with my purchase. It's an ultra-powerful device, and BB10.2 is pretty slick.
    10-20-13 01:14 PM
    I bought mine at TELUS this week and the girl was very helpful..did not try any switch tactics and TELUS loyalty reduced my device cost by 50% against the new Z30 which was sweet!!.So overall -Love the phone cause I don't need my glasses to read and love the 10.2 improvements and hardware is well made and feels solid. So very pleased to say the least .
    10-20-13 01:36 PM