I really like my Z, especially the latest software release....but is anyone else irritated by the ridiculous sensitivity of the volume button (rocker). No matter how careful I try to be, I accidentally hit it causing the volume to go way down to almost an imperceptible level. I know the buttons can't be changed since it's hardware....but how about a software update that would allow users to "lock" the volume level?....can I get an Amen?...lol
    03-25-14 10:44 AM
    I really like my Z, especially the latest software release....but is anyone else irritated by the ridiculous sensitivity of the volume button (rocker). No matter how careful I try to be, I accidentally hit it causing the volume to go way down to almost an imperceptible level. I know the buttons can't be changed since it's hardware....but how about a software update that would allow users to "lock" the volume level?....can I get an Amen?...lol
    what i did was take the back cover off and shave down a little of the cover next to the volume buttons as the cover was not letting the buttons come fully out , mine works great now,
    03-25-14 11:04 AM
    Otterbox cover does the trick also.
    anon721037 likes this.
    03-25-14 11:06 AM
    I'll buy it off you if u don't want it xD

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    03-25-14 11:11 AM
    what i did was take the back cover off and shave down a little of the cover next to the volume buttons as the cover was not letting the buttons come fully out , mine works great now,
    Not sure what u mean...my buttons come out fully and I don't have any problem at all accessing them. They are just in the wrong place as I keep accidentally hitting them which lowers the volume
    03-25-14 03:40 PM
    I don't know that my volume buttons are super sensitive. They seem to operate fine to me. But, it drove me nuts that I was always unintentionally pressing the volume keys and the power button on the top when I first got my Z30! Similar to when I use any Android device I'm not used to. This nearly never happened with my Z10 with its excellent design. Anyway, after a couple of weeks, I've gotten used to it and it is no longer an issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:12 PM
    It's a defect - mine isn't like that but there's been numerous reports of your very issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:37 PM
    Not sure what u mean...my buttons come out fully and I don't have any problem at all accessing them. They are just in the wrong place as I keep accidentally hitting them which lowers the volume
    Yes mine were very sensitive , so I took the back cover off and then pressed. The buttons and found that they were a lot more stiff , so I shaved a little of by the buttons and it's perfect and not as sensative.
    03-25-14 09:43 PM
    It's not defective at all... I think I'm just used to my old curve and 9930 where u had to really push the rocker to change the volume
    03-25-14 11:37 PM
    I agree..they should be a bit higher on the phone IMO

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:45 AM
    I have a problem with always activating Sayit by accident. I even turned it off in the dictation setting, or so I thought. Anyone else have this issue? What can be done?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:07 AM
    I don't mind the volume rockers it's the mute button that I can't stand. It is super sensitive...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:17 AM
    I have a problem with always activating Sayit by accident. I even turned it off in the dictation setting, or so I thought. Anyone else have this issue? What can be done?

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue and you have have to kill the background headless process in Settings / App Manager / (Select the app and then press the crossed circle to terminate the process, not the Wastbin which will delete the app and all data). Only then will Sayit ignore the infuriating accidental middle button activations. Of course it will also disable all other Sayit background activity.

I have suggested to the developer that middle button activation needs to be a front end menu option in Sayit, or at least use Press & Hold, instead of the long-winded multistep method we're stuck with at present.
    03-26-14 07:44 AM