04-13-14 04:41 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Exactly right! Megapixels sell phones but the sensors and lenses are so small the difference is negligible.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 04:23 PM
    It's a phone camera? Um cameras in Nokia, Samsung and Sony are also phone cameras but they take top class pictures. My old Sony Xperia (low end) could take better picture than my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Top class compared to what exactly? DSLR destroys your pathetic lumina or just plain sad sonys. So dont act like a cell phone camera is "top class"

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-31-14 05:09 AM
    Pros:1. fantastic build quality
    2. Brilliant battery life
    3. Fantastic sat nav
    4. Best sound quality for a smart phone
    5. Love the hdmi port

Cons: 1. Poor camera ( was at a concert last night my z30 produced the worst pictures compared to that of my friends with android)

2. The z30 needs the android runtime due to a lack of apps. However still disappointed that some of the android apps don't work especially sonos, (which is free) , Xbmc and sky sports mobile tv .also a lot of apps requires Google services especially in app purchases.

3. Siri like functions needed

Blackberry is losing money at an alarming rate(fact) . For those hard core BlackBerry fans that are in DENIAL and think BlackBerry does not need android apps think again) .

Even the enterprise world are shifting towards ios and and Android.

So for me to stay with blackberry I need to see an improvement

1. for the camera
    2. to the android run time with google play services.
    3. More battery juice.
    4. Better processing power and memory than competitors.
    5. Wireless display content from my phone onto tv.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with most of your wish list items,but here's where my opinion differs (hope you don't mind me sharing my opinion):

1. Camera is very good in my opinion. I often get better shots than my friends with iPhone & Android devices. I'd still always welcome an improvement.

5. This is ready supported on the Z30. It has Miracast (or Wifi direct). You'll either need a TV that also supports Miracast or an adapter for your tv.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-31-14 06:30 AM
    A lumia 925 also takes a much better picture than the z1s; even at full resolution (manual). I had one. And the reason I am picking up a z30 tomorrow is noise cancellation actually works on video on the Z30. On the Z1s, it doesn't even work on video. I know I record my band jamming quite often. It was a huge disappointment. A phone touted for an exceptional camera, and the camera pretty much sucks. You can't even manually adjust a ton of things. So yeah, I was a bit upset. So, I choose you Z30!. lol
    Good to me able the noise cancelling in the Z30. Mine is so new that I've probably only taken a couple of minutes of video.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-31-14 06:43 AM
    Yeah man it really needs a "siri" type of integration or app. Please posters don't even say "say it" app because that is hot shart and un usable compared to "siri"...
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-31-14 07:55 AM
    Pros:
    2. Brilliant battery life

So for me to stay with blackberry I need to see an improvement

3. More battery juice.

Posted via CB10
    Am I the only one confused by these comments?

..... Don't feed the trolls!
    03-31-14 08:31 AM
    The OP made valid complaints but all I see is people pouncing on the OP saying he is using it wrong, does not know how to use it, etc. This is not the way forums work AT ALL. We are supposed to help people and find solutions together. Its a shame what CrackBerry forums have devolved into.

To the OP, I wish they did work on the app too as it is one of the reasons it is doing poorly now. BlackBerry made device for the mass consumer but, failed to add to the device what mass consumers actually want in their smartphones. As it was repeated in several reviews, the Z30 is not the best for a smartphone camera and this is area BlackBerry could look into. As far Siri-like functions I totally agree as they need to get a foot into the personal assistant just like Google, Microsoft, and Apple.
    richardat likes this.
    03-31-14 08:33 AM
    Am I the only one confused by these comments?

..... Don't feed the trolls!
    I`m guessing Op wants a bigger battery which equates to even more battery life.
    03-31-14 08:34 AM
    I`m guessing Op wants a bigger battery which equates to even more battery life.
    B
    The comments were if BlackBerry wants to keep me they need these things. It be hard to find smartphone with better battery life to switch to.
    03-31-14 08:41 AM
    Exactly right! Megapixels sell phones but the sensors and lenses are so small the difference is negligible.

Posted via CB10
    Not true. Each OEM employs a different strategy for squeezing picture quality out of cameras and that includes hardware and software. In particular Nokia, Sony, HTC, and Apple recognize that good cameras are a significant selling point in an increasingly spec-constrained market and are putting considerable resources in improving those areas (Sony in particular has their camera expertise behind them). As a general comment the former two have gone the megapixel route, the latter two the sensor route, along with a lot of processing in the background.
    pagozahd likes this.
    03-31-14 08:51 AM
    B
    The comments were if BlackBerry wants to keep me they need these things. It be hard to find smartphone with better battery life to switch to.
    Droid Maxx and Note 3 have better battery life. Note 3 in particular can have an extended battery or a spare.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-31-14 11:56 AM
    Droid Maxx and Note 3 have better battery life. Note 3 in particular can have an extended battery or a spare.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Thank you, there is a couple of options to consider if battery life is a determining factor although I don't see how 20+ hours under heavy usage isn't acceptable. To each their own.
    baspeed likes this.
    03-31-14 01:24 PM
    A note on camera... use the modes, if you aren't already. night mode works remarkably well in low light conditions, at least on my Z10. I get my Z30 tomorrow (yay!).

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    03-31-14 03:25 PM
    People, quit it with the silly bickering and childish comebacks. Several posts pruned as off-topic bickering.

[WARN]Discuss the topics, not the other members.
    If you can't discuss the topic civilly, then don't post![/WARN]
    There should be plenty of room here for differing opinions, constructive criticism, etc.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-31-14 04:33 PM
    A note on camera... use the modes, if you aren't already. night mode works remarkably well in low light conditions, at least on my Z10. I get my Z30 tomorrow (yay!).Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    Off-topic-ish, but congrats on your new Z30! I'm sure you'll love it.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    03-31-14 04:34 PM
    I'm loving my z30, but I have to agree the camera could be better. Other than that, I love using this phone and have all the apps I need/want. The z30 is pure quality.
    03-31-14 04:35 PM
    JAFTP!!
    03-31-14 04:41 PM
    I get a kick out of people comparing specs. I find the Z30 out performs most other "high spec" phones. It is all in how it's used.

It's like dropping a 600 HP engine in a smart car, just because it has more power doesn't mean it will be better. It's the whole system working together that is what is important.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, but here's something to make you laugh:

And OP, not gonna hate on your points, but BlackBerry will never ever top competitors in the RAM/processor categories. Just look at the Oppo Find 7 - the thing is supposed to be an overpowered beast:
    5.5-inch 1080p display (2560 x 1440 premium)
    Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor (Snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 graphics premium)
    2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage (3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage premium)
    3,000mAh removable battery with VOOC Fast Charging technology — charges up to 75% in 30 minutes
    13MP rear camera with LED flash; 5.0 megapixel front camera
    GPS w/ GLONASS, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
    Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
    152.6 x 75 x 9.2 mm, 171 g

Camera wise, yes it can be very shotty in concert conditions if you want to snap a quick picture, but all-in-all, you can capture some pretty good pictures if you know how to have patience and wait for a moment when you aren't bouncing up and down or holding it above your head and taking a blind shot like a fool.
    Battery, well if you have a problem with the Z30, good luck using any other phone.
    Just think about what you want versus what is truly necessary for BlackBerry's ecosystem.
    Last edited by theblob; 03-31-14 at 08:53 PM. Reason: apparently i diot (without space) is a bad word on this site
    03-31-14 08:51 PM
    People, quit it with the silly bickering and childish comebacks. Several posts pruned as off-topic bickering.

[WARN]Discuss the topics, not the other members.
    If you can't discuss the topic civilly, then don't post![/WARN]
    There should be plenty of room here for differing opinions, constructive criticism, etc.
    This is pathetic discourse must be allowed as long as insults or ad-hominem arent being employed.
    03-31-14 10:30 PM
    If you don't like the runtime just go android or apple :s

Sent from my XT1058 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-31-14 10:49 PM
    Reply was not needed.. the camera is rubbish compared to my Sony z1 and my friends other high end android plain and simple

Also as a BlackBerry user you should accept criticism. By the end of the day I bought the device and for me to stick with.BlackBerry I want these improvement.

BlackBerry is not losing money it's bleeding money lol. So if u think that BlackBerry does not need users like me that r prepared to try there products then soon the only place you'll find BlackBerry in the near future is in a museum

Posted via CB10

So you expect to post your thoughts, and expect people to not disagree? Or you believe that you're entitled for some sort of immunity?

The freedom of speech is not a one side traffic, isn't it?
    Moreover when people do have the right to correct a flawed argument, or a point that was false?
    SK122387 and SmileDahling like this.
    04-01-14 12:53 AM
    your improvements

1. cam is subjective.. although the low-light pictures are known to be less than stellar, I haven't had problem with Z10 cam... so I'd imagine Z30 would be on par or better.
    2. probly your most valid point imo.. if they support android apps, they need to support all android apps
    3. battery - contradictory to your pros list.. how can it be bad AND good at the same time?
    4. why should it have MORE than competitors? and not just equal? especially when BB is known for optimizing lesser processors and memory to much better levels than droids and almost on par with Apple... it's not a spec race, it's an experience race.. **although I'll admit that in reality they probly will need better specs than competitors to draw customers away and make a dent in market share, that shouldn't affect how the phone satisfies your needs on an individual level...
    5. already can be done, as others mentioned, miracast or dlna, depending on TV... learn about a cool feature that your phone already has and is on your wish-list...

and,

welcome! glad you took the plunge on the Z10... if you give it a fair shake, i'm pretty sure you'll be able to stick with it until they fix some of these items...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 04-02-14 at 05:58 PM. Reason: correction
    04-01-14 03:08 AM
    So you expect to post your thoughts, and expect people to not disagree? Or you believe that you're entitled for some sort of immunity?

The freedom of speech is not a one side traffic, isn't it?
    Moreover when people do have the right to correct a flawed argument, or a point that was false?
    I agree to constructive criticism which in essence benefits the whole community. However, some response given were not useful.

Also like the title says I love my z30 and disappointed with some features. Yes the battery life is good . However, BlackBerry can further improve this and market it better. Also with the rumoured 8 core BlackBerry coming out at some point this year this will give me an excuse to give my z30 to my wife and upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 04:01 AM
    I think the OP could have maybe done a tad more research, or maybe not contradicted themselves on the battery being great then implying it wasn't, all in one post... but troll??? Nah. I think they were points being made from a genuine perspective. I think CB has just got the ultra paranoid recently...

For what it's worth, on the camera, I've found that my Z30 shot's are, unsurprisingly, on a par with my old Z10's. Perfectly good, and excellent in most cases. If I were to go on my hols, I'd happily rely on it to bring back plenty of clear, sharp memories. However, I have noticed that the Z30 does seem to take very slightly longer to focus on occasion - especially if you're snapping moving targets.

As others have mentioned already, it's easy to get bogged down with the whole mega-pixel thing. Sure, 8mp is gonna blow 1,2 or even 4 away, but the difference between 8 or 9 or even 10 is negligible. Once you get to a certain level, the actual lens aperture has to increase sufficiently to actually make any noticeable difference.
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-01-14 05:36 AM
    Hmm... I do love my Z30, but goodness, I'd have difficulty trying to convince anyone that its camera is up there with current high-end smartphones. Noise is high and low-light shots are quite poor.

This will hopefully change in future BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 05:43 AM
101 1234 ...