your improvements

1. cam is objective.. although the low-light pictures are known to be less than stellar, I haven't had problem with Z10 cam... so I'd imagine Z30 would be on par or better.
    2. probly your most valid point imo.. if they support android apps, they need to support all android apps
    3. battery - contradictory to your pros list.. how can it be bad AND good at the same time?
    4. why should it have MORE than competitors? and not just equal? especially when BB is known for optimizing lesser processors and memory to much better levels than droids and almost on par with Apple... it's not a spec race, it's an experience race.. **although I'll admit that in reality they probly will need better specs than competitors to draw customers away and make a dent in market share, that shouldn't affect how the phone satisfies your needs on an individual level...
    5. already can be done, as others mentioned, miracast or dlna, depending on TV... learn about a cool feature that your phone already has and is on your wish-list...

and,

welcome! glad you took the plunge on the Z10... if you give it a fair shake, i'm pretty sure you'll be able to stick with it until they fix some of these items...
    I would disagree with optimization. The Moto X is probably the best phone outside of the iPhone that did optimization well last year.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-01-14 06:55 AM
    Pros:1. fantastic build quality
    2. Brilliant battery life
    3. Fantastic sat nav
    4. Best sound quality for a smart phone
    5. Love the hdmi port

Cons: 1. Poor camera ( was at a concert last night my z30 produced the worst pictures compared to that of my friends with android)

2. The z30 needs the android runtime due to a lack of apps. However still disappointed that some of the android apps don't work especially sonos, (which is free) , Xbmc and sky sports mobile tv .also a lot of apps requires Google services especially in app purchases.

3. Siri like functions needed

Blackberry is losing money at an alarming rate(fact) . For those hard core BlackBerry fans that are in DENIAL and think BlackBerry does not need android apps think again) .

Even the enterprise world are shifting towards ios and and Android.

So for me to stay with blackberry I need to see an improvement

1. for the camera
    2. to the android run time with google play services.
    3. More battery juice.
    4. Better processing power and memory than competitors.
    5. Wireless display content from my phone onto tv.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry. You need to leave BlackBerry.

1. Camera improvements are coming. Both hardware and software. BUT.....
    2. We will never sell our souls to Google. The runtime is just a stop-gap measure. We are building out our own ecosystem still.
    3. You can't find better battery life on a smartphone than the Z30 so I don't know why you want more juice. And just so you know, the battery life on the Z30 is not great simply because the battery is big but BB10 is optimised to save energy too.
    4. If you really crave specs, go Android now. Specs are irrelevant. BB10 runs at maximum potential on a dual core cpu and 2gb of ram. Sadly, people buy devices based on specs and not "how the device runs", not realising the two are not synonymous. There are android devices with quad core cpu and 3gb of ram that do not operate as smoothly as the Z30. We don't pay for what we don't need.
    5. As someone else mentioned there is Miracast

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    CpE CKS likes this.
    04-01-14 07:08 AM
    Sorry. You need to leave BlackBerry.

1. Camera improvements are coming. Both hardware and software. BUT.....
    2. We will never sell our souls to Google. The runtime is just a stop-gap measure. We are building out our own ecosystem still.
    3. You can't find better battery life on a smartphone than the Z30 so I don't know why you want more juice. And just so you know, the battery life on the Z30 is not great simply because the battery is big but BB10 is optimised to save energy too.
    4. If you really crave specs, go Android now. Specs are irrelevant. BB10 runs at maximum potential on a dual core cpu and 2gb of ram. Sadly, people buy devices based on specs and not "how the device runs", not realising the two are not synonymous. There are android devices with quad core cpu and 3gb of ram that do not operate as smoothly as the Z30. We don't pay for what we don't need.
    5. As someone else mentioned there is Miracast

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    No need to be rude to OP. There are devices with better battery life than a Z30. Camera improvements is nor guaranteed especially since you can only do so much software side. BlackBerry does need to step it up in the specs department. Its now the OS that is behind with flagship devices still using dual core processors. Also, BlackBerry has no ecosystem to speak of. The paltry one that do have is based on a runtime that is 2 generations behind the latest version of android.

Stwutter likes this.
    04-01-14 07:17 AM
    Poor camera is certainly not good but I have not seen a smartphone that does concert photos well. Poor lighting, distance and movement are all working against you.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 07:32 AM
    I agree to constructive criticism which in essence benefits the whole community. However, some response given were not useful.

Also like the title says I love my z30 and disappointed with some features. Yes the battery life is good . However, BlackBerry can further improve this and market it better. Also with the rumoured 8 core BlackBerry coming out at some point this year this will give me an excuse to give my z30 to my wife and upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Robincoops, don't let those negative responses get to you. These people are just passionate about Z30.

Z30 is the best BlackBerry ever, but it does have room for improvements. I for one am looking forward to Z50.

Hope Z30 is the last BlackBerry device manufactured in North America. The reason Z30 has a mediocre camera is because BlackBerry has been struggling to manage their costs. They just don't have the formula to put in a top camera in a BlackBerry and still make money like those plastic phones manufactured in Asia.

It's not an coincidence that BlackBerry starts to talk about top spec'ed phones like Z50 right after Foxxcom deal.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-01-14 07:43 AM
    Robincoops, don't let those negative responses get to you. These people are just passionate about Z30.

Z30 is the best BlackBerry ever, but it does have room for improvements. I for one am looking forward to Z50.

Hope Z30 is the last BlackBerry device manufactured in North America. The reason Z30 has a mediocre camera is because BlackBerry has been struggling to manage their costs. They just don't have the formula to put in a top camera in a BlackBerry and still make money like those plastic phones manufactured in Asia.

It's not an coincidence that BlackBerry starts to talk about top spec'ed phones like Z50 right after Foxxcom deal.

I thought Chen said there were 3 keyboard phones coming out. I heard no mention of non keyboard phones.

04-01-14 07:47 AM
    I thought Chen said there were 3 keyboard phones coming out. I heard no mention of non keyboard phones.

He didn't say there were ONLY 3 keyboard phones coming out... yeah I am just hoping for the best... and I didn't say they were working on Z50, I was just saying they started talking high spec'ed phones like Z50.

04-01-14 07:54 AM
    People,aren't being negative, we just aren't the types who run around trying to please everyone or kiss someone's ****.........OP hates his the camera in his phone fine...move on thanks for your input. It's just tiresome reading posts from people who "think" blackberry needs them.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-01-14 08:00 AM
    He didn't say there were ONLY 3 keyboard phones coming out... yeah I am just hoping for the best... and I didn't say they were working on Z50, I was just saying they started talking high spec'ed phones like Z50.

I guess hope is all you got, sounds like they want to leave full touch phones alone for awhile.
    04-01-14 09:48 AM
    Sonos app works.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-01-14 08:37 PM
    Well there's also a Sonos app in BBW, i think 10$ is worth it no?

Posted via CB10
    aha likes this.
    04-01-14 08:41 PM
    That's Room Tunes and I have it too but it does not support playing music directly from a mobile device like Sonos.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-01-14 09:01 PM
    I would disagree with optimization. The Moto X is probably the best phone outside of the iPhone that did optimization well last year.
    that may be true, I didn't get to play with the X extensively.. i would still say BB is on par with most Droids when it comes to optimization since the vast majority of them have processors with more cores, more memory, etc.. yet the difference in specs is larger than the diff in OS performance and speed...

I guess hope is all you got, sounds like they want to leave full touch phones alone for awhile.
    this is not exactly the case though.. not only is the Z3 coming out soon, but im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere there is a touch flagship device also coming... i could look for it but i'll just say i'm about 90% confident an all-touch besides Z3 is coming by end of yr....

People,aren't being negative, we just aren't the types who run around trying to please everyone or kiss someone's ****.........OP hates his the camera in his phone fine...move on thanks for your input. It's just tiresome reading posts from people who "think" blackberry needs them.
    honestly, some of the responses have been pretty snarky.. and I hate to say it but it's starting to look more and more like BB does need each and every one of them..

plus it's not just one person we lose, it's the people he tells about a negative experience and don't try it for themselves.. compared to the number of possible gains if we keep OP plus the word of mouth from a good experience... so for each user(OP in this case) we can educate and keep, the difference is literally exponential...
    04-02-14 06:19 PM
    that may be true, I didn't get to play with the X extensively.. i would still say BB is on par with most Droids when it comes to optimization since the vast majority of them have processors with more cores, more memory, etc.. yet the difference in specs is larger than the diff in OS performance and speed...
    Droids or Android devices? Maybe on par but not surpassing.

this is not exactly the case though.. not only is the Z3 coming out soon, but im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere there is a touch flagship device also coming... i could look for it but i'll just say i'm about 90% confident an all-touch besides Z3 is coming by end of yr....
    Z3 for sure but there is no confirmation that another BB10 full touch device is coming.

04-02-14 07:13 PM

1. for the camera
    3. More battery juice.

Posted via CB10
    Aside from #3, I can't see anything that will promote productivity T_T

My 1st choice of smartphone (not smartTOY), BlackBerry.
    04-02-14 07:26 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Z30, and it's the best device I've ever owned. It has a great big bright screen, but is AMOLED so it won't drain the battery like a LCD screen does. The battery lasts a good two days with average use. The HUB is great, and the large virtual keyboard is great. The predictive text and auto-correct are amazing. You can just "flick" words into place, and it will detect many languages. Very cool. You can also edit Word and Excel files, as well as view Adobe documents. The Z30 is really solid and multi-purpose.

Yes, I agree the camera is not so hot, but then again, most cellphone cameras I have seen are MUCH worse. The Z30 camera is decent, and does offer stabilization, auto focus, and three formats (1:1, 4:3, and 16:9). There is also the grid feature which is rare on a cell-cam, as well as shutter activation by tapping the screen. I wish they would move the lens since I keep getting my thumb in the shot!

Also, I agree there are not as any apps as there should be, although with the latest BlackBerry OS update, you can load most android apps.

Accessories:

I have all the Z30 accessories, including the BlackBerry leather holster, pocket, transform shell, backup battery, HDMI cable, and several non- BlackBerry accessories. They are all good, but some are more worthwhile than others.

The BlackBerry holster is a bit tight at first, but it has to be since the leather stretches with use. I have had holsters for both the BlackBerry Torch2 and the Z30, and I would get the holsters first before other accessories. Note that only the holsters will hold the cell phones the recommended 1.5 cms away from your body. The clip is also practical.

The BlackBerry pocket is similar but without the belt clip. Note that both the pocket and holsters have the internal magnets the shut off the phone automatically when you slide the phone in.

The BlackBerry flip case is a novel idea, but you have to take off the back of the phone to snap on the case, and you have to flip the case open to plug in the charging cable which is a bit awkward. The flip case is slim and looks great, but is less protective and a bit awkward.

The BlackBerry plastic Transform Shell is OK, but the flip-out stand is a little soft. I don't use it very much.

Also: Take a look at the HUGE range of Z30 cases made by "Head Case." They sell a lot of cases through eBay, and they have some really great designs.

The Otterbox Commuter case is good and not too bulky. I have the Glacier colour scheme. The Otterbox Defender version is good but note that it makes the phone very hefty and won't really fit into your jeans pocket. Otterbox is an excellent company, since they will completely replace either a broken part or send you a brand new product within a few days, even shipping fast at no charge to Canada. Otterbox instantly replaced both my Torch2 case and my Z30 case when they broke (yes, they can break with use).

The BlackBerry Gateway is good for streaming music to most stereo systems. The Gateway is compact, and plugs into a BlackBerry charger via USB cable, and you use the NFC to connect the phone to the device, and then Blue Tooth to live stream music to your stereo system. It can be used in your car if you have the adaptor

The BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker is light, compact, and gives decent sound for it's small size, however it's not worth the original $99 price ( I got it for only $30, which makes it well worth it).

The BlackBerry backup battery is compact and will last at mist one day. The PowerRocks 9000 mAh backup battery will last 4 to 6 days.

That's about it !

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-02-14 09:19 PM
    Wow, so much hate for the OP. I came to the Z30 section to read balanced opinions about what appears to be universally accepted as the flagship BB handset and the message I get most from this thread is that BlackBerry users are a hateful bunch of close minded people, which I'd like to think couldn't be further form the truth. Am surprised that the mods haven't cleaned up some of the savagery toward the OP.

Anyway, having not even planned to comment (I have a Q5), I feel that I should point out to many of the contributors to this thread that:

a) It's okay to use more than phone and platform - technology is great, don't be closed minded
    b) Don't bury your heads in the sand, this doesn't not help BlackBerry - services like Google Now are cutting edge implementation of mobile technology and connected development in the internet of all things society we are moving towards
    c) Apps - believe it or not people do use apps that you don't, amazing but true
    04-04-14 03:41 PM
    Wow, so much hate for the OP. I came to the Z30 section to read balanced opinions about what appears to be universally accepted as the flagship BB handset and the message I get most from this thread is that BlackBerry users are a hateful bunch of close minded people, which I'd like to think couldn't be further form the truth. Am surprised that the mods haven't cleaned up some of the savagery toward the OP.

Anyway, having not even planned to comment (I have a Q5), I feel that I should point out to many of the contributors to this thread that:

a) It's okay to use more than phone and platform - technology is great, don't be closed minded
    b) Don't bury your heads in the sand, this doesn't not help BlackBerry - services like Google Now are cutting edge implementation of mobile technology and connected development in the internet of all things society we are moving towards
    c) Apps - believe it or not people do use apps that you don't, amazing but true
    I think you missed the entire point.

It's not people decided to hate on the OP, but when you give a threat in the form of an ultimatum, like how OP expressed himself/herself, the way it is conveyed will definitely draw a lot of attention. And this thread has definitely drawn a a lot of attention, wanted or unwanted, warranted or not.

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-05-14 04:19 AM
    I think you missed the entire point.

It's not people decided to hate on the OP, but when you give a threat in the form of an ultimatum, like how OP expressed himself/herself, the way it is conveyed will definitely draw a lot of attention. And this thread has definitely drawn a a lot of attention, wanted or unwanted, warranted or not.

Posted via CB on BB10
    What a lot of haters here don't realise is I made the jump to BlackBerry and like I said I love the z30 and would like to see further improvements .

Some people here think that BlackBerry does not need new customers and are probably delusional. I rest my case with the financial result which proves otherwise and that they r losing money .

Iphones and androids are already taking over the enterprise world.

My company in the UK got rid or all BlackBerry as the the majority of people were complaining and wanted iphones .

My wife company are slowly getting rid of all BlackBerry and going towards windows phone which is very weird.

So for all the hates I would say should BlackBerry not improves and come up with better hardware and more polished os it will belong in a museum.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 05:08 AM
    What a lot of haters here don't realise is I made the jump to BlackBerry and like I said I love the z30 and would like to see further improvements .

Some people here think that BlackBerry does not need new customers and are probably delusional. I rest my case with the financial result which proves otherwise and that they r losing money .

Iphones and androids are already taking over the enterprise world.

My company in the UK got rid or all BlackBerry as the the majority of people were complaining and wanted iphones .

My wife company are slowly getting rid of all BlackBerry and going towards windows phone which is very weird.

So for all the hates I would say should BlackBerry not improves and come up with better hardware and more polished os it will belong in a museum.

Posted via CB10
    If you ask me, a person's infatuation with mobile platforms is kind of a very, very weird thing.

I know a friend of mine, who actually lives and die by Nokia, the brand.
    I know another friend, who lives and die by Symbian. He went and bought an old, refurbished Nokia with symbian 6, and he loves it. I don't know what to say, but it is a fact that he is infatuated with it.

People will want phones that suit their needs, not the greater need of the organization. Else why do you think the BYOD movement was so prevalent? By numerical logic alone, without factoring in interests and wants, we can deduce what phones a company would use for cost effectiveness. Emphasis, PHONES, not one, but multiple choices.

However, back to the original post by OP, and your sentiments about people in CrackBerry being "small minded", I think that you are looking from a wrong angle. If you have been actively part of the discourse in the past few years, there are a lot of forumers that are hunkering down, and a lot have somehow got into a siege mentality, this "its us against the entire world" mentality that could have been stemmed if the management of CrackBerry.com had done its part ACTIVELY. But that is an another issue to talk about, and definitely not in this thread.

I cannot name names, but I would love to, just to let you see how so and so posters have, despite their claims of "love" (qutote an unquote) for BlackBerry, are attacking the brand, and justifying their remarks as being "neutral", "tough love", "i want the company to succeed", etc. So as much as when these retorts go unchecked, the toxicity permeates the community.

I don't blame the community for being radicalized. I am part of those who (i cannot speak for anyone but myself) find myself unknowingly radicalized pro-BlackBerry because we get very tired of defending something on the behalf of whatever, and the offenders don't get rebuked, or punished. In fact, they are even encouraged to continue their attacks. So as much as when people who have genuine issues, who out of naivety or mis-chosen words spilt out "accidental" ultimatums like the one OP did, like in the word
    it becomes very baiting and inflamatory, even if it was not for a neutral. Then again, this forum was not supposed to be neutral, after all its a SUPPOSEDLY (emphasis) pro-BlackBerry site.

Its not that people cannot understand (especially one of the posters, like me, took a step back and reflected on what I have wrote), but it would be perhaps wise to not just assume every poster here in this community live in a cave-hole with a small minded mentality.
    04-05-14 05:36 AM
    Pros:1. fantastic build quality
    2. Brilliant battery life
    3. Fantastic sat nav
    4. Best sound quality for a smart phone
    5. Love the hdmi port

Cons: 1. Poor camera ( was at a concert last night my z30 produced the worst pictures compared to that of my friends with android)

2. The z30 needs the android runtime due to a lack of apps. However still disappointed that some of the android apps don't work especially sonos, (which is free) , Xbmc and sky sports mobile tv .also a lot of apps requires Google services especially in app purchases.

3. Siri like functions needed

Blackberry is losing money at an alarming rate(fact) . For those hard core BlackBerry fans that are in DENIAL and think BlackBerry does not need android apps think again) .

Even the enterprise world are shifting towards ios and and Android.

1. for the camera
    3. More battery juice.

Posted via CB10
    I think the camera is perception. Have you tried printing pictures you've taken? I think what happens is you get a good quality picture with the camera, but the visual on the display isn't nearly as good as the output if you print. I've found pictures whether from texts, emails, Facebook, etc. do not look great on the Z30 in general. It's just a theory but I think if you take two phones both with 8mp cameras and take a photo, the screen resolution will determine what it looks like on the phone but both pictures will look the same printed out assuming same filters, apps, etc.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-05-14 06:20 AM
    I have to agree about the camera. It isn't any better than what was in my 9850.
    04-05-14 06:50 AM
    I agree, the camera needs improvement, especially now that the iPhone may come out with detachable lenses.

Voice-commands will also have to be improved.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:21 AM
    Interesting thread...

I am planning to get a Z30.

Regarding the camera performance , whatever the current level actually is...how much improvement would anyone here estimate will be forthcoming for the Z30 through future BB software updates?

If Z30 camera performance today = 100, will BB software updates increase it by 10% over the next year to year-and-half?

20%?

50%?

0?
    Last edited by LonelyTylenoL; 04-05-14 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Change q to p
    04-05-14 09:26 PM
    Interesting thread...

I am planning to get a Z30.

Regarding the camera quality, whatever the current level actually is...how much improvement would anyone here estimate will be forthcoming for the Z30 through future BB software updates?

If Z30 camera performance today = 100, will BB software updates increase it by 10% over the next year to year-and-half?

20%?

50%?

0?
    It could just be that I'm not good at taking pictures. I guess in the right setting the pics can be good.

Edit. I took this today with the HDR setting.

Love my Z30 but also disappointed-img_20140405_152129_hdr.jpg
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-05-14 at 09:53 PM.
    04-05-14 09:38 PM
101 12345